Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ASAP - Restaurant Hashgochos NYC

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:33 pm
I know nothing about the hechsherim / hashgachos in NYC
Can anyone help me out here?
I'm not even sure what sort of replies I expect.
We do not eat OU, only heimishe hechsherim, is there any equivalence in NYC?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ask your rabbi where you can eat. No one can answer this for you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Ask your rabbi where you can eat. No one can answer this for you

Would be great if I had a Rabbi for these sort of things Sad
Gotta find out ASAP, yikes.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:45 pm
Depending on where you'll be, there are some restaurants under the supervision of heimishe Rabbonim, but some are more reputable than others. Also, if by NYC you mean Manhattan, there are very few restaurants there under heimishe hechsherim, which is much more common in Brooklyn. If you post where you will be staying, perhaps some of us can recommend restaurants in the area that you can look into.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:58 pm
doctorima wrote:
Depending on where you'll be, there are some restaurants under the supervision of heimishe Rabbonim, but some are more reputable than others. Also, if by NYC you mean Manhattan, there are very few restaurants there under heimishe hechsherim, which is much more common in Brooklyn. If you post where you will be staying, perhaps some of us can recommend restaurants in the area that you can look into.

Thank you!
We'll be visiting around East 55th and 5th Avenue

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:59 pm
And preferably dairy as that is just easier hechsher wise.
Even if it is not as "heimish" as we are used to, dh is more comfortable with dairy vs meat.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:45 pm
I have a friend who raves about Abaita which is on e 49th and under the OK. For more causal, milk and honey is on E 46th and is under OU

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:48 pm
I have gone out with very very machmir chassidush friends to abigaels and reserve cut in Manhattan. You need to call and see what meats they have.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 4:14 pm
Here's a list of restaurants in NYC along with their locations and hechsherim. Not all the hechsherim on the list are universally-accepted, so don't just assume they're all fine. But you can look to see which places are near your based that are under hashgachos that you're comfortable with (and double-check that the listed hashgachos are still accurate):

https://www.ozny.org/kosher

dankbar

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 4:30 pm
Many restaurants in Manhattan that are under OU hashgacha use Alle processing meat.

J2 dairy pizza store is by hi 30's with Advari hechsher plus they have Masgiach temidi from the not heimishe hechsher which is more reliable in a way because mashgiach is always there.
Bagel & co is a pizza store somewhere there next to some hospitals that are located in the 60's and they deliver.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:26 am
doctorima wrote:
Here's a list of restaurants in NYC along with their locations and hechsherim. Not all the hechsherim on the list are universally-accepted, so don't just assume they're all fine. But you can look to see which places are near your based that are under hashgachos that you're comfortable with (and double-check that the listed hashgachos are still accurate):

https://www.ozny.org/kosher

Thank you, so appreciated!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:27 am
dankbar wrote:
Many restaurants in Manhattan that are under OU hashgacha use Alle processing meat.

J2 dairy pizza store is by hi 30's with Advari hechsher plus they have Masgiach temidi from the not heimishe hechsher which is more reliable in a way because mashgiach is always there.
Bagel & co is a pizza store somewhere there next to some hospitals that are located in the 60's and they deliver.

Thanks and please excuse my ignorance, but what is Alle meat?

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:49 am
That is glatt chassidishe shechita I think Satmar

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Manhattan restaurants are generally under the OU. There are some with lower tier hashgachos as well. There are no restaurants under heimish hechsherim in Manhattan.

Mevater

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 6:03 pm
How about (for meat option) Kosher Deluxe 10 West 46th Street 5th & 6th Avenues 212-869-6699 R. Amram Roth

Ive seen very Chassidish people there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries