Home

ASAP - Restaurant Hashgochos NYC

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:33 pm
I know nothing about the hechsherim / hashgachos in NYC
Can anyone help me out here?
I'm not even sure what sort of replies I expect.
We do not eat OU, only heimishe hechsherim, is there any equivalence in NYC?
Back to top

amother




Emerald
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know nothing about the hechsherim / hashgachos in NYC
Can anyone help me out here?
I'm not even sure what sort of replies I expect.
We do not eat OU, only heimishe hechsherim, is there any equivalence in NYC?


Ask your rabbi where you can eat. No one can answer this for you
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Ask your rabbi where you can eat. No one can answer this for you


Would be great if I had a Rabbi for these sort of things Sad
Gotta find out ASAP, yikes.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:45 pm
Depending on where you'll be, there are some restaurants under the supervision of heimishe Rabbonim, but some are more reputable than others. Also, if by NYC you mean Manhattan, there are very few restaurants there under heimishe hechsherim, which is much more common in Brooklyn. If you post where you will be staying, perhaps some of us can recommend restaurants in the area that you can look into.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:58 pm
doctorima wrote:
Depending on where you'll be, there are some restaurants under the supervision of heimishe Rabbonim, but some are more reputable than others. Also, if by NYC you mean Manhattan, there are very few restaurants there under heimishe hechsherim, which is much more common in Brooklyn. If you post where you will be staying, perhaps some of us can recommend restaurants in the area that you can look into.


Thank you!
We'll be visiting around East 55th and 5th Avenue
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:59 pm
And preferably dairy as that is just easier hechsher wise.
Even if it is not as "heimish" as we are used to, dh is more comfortable with dairy vs meat.
Back to top

amother




Emerald
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:45 pm
I have a friend who raves about Abaita which is on e 49th and under the OK. For more causal, milk and honey is on E 46th and is under OU
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:48 pm
I have gone out with very very machmir chassidush friends to abigaels and reserve cut in Manhattan. You need to call and see what meats they have.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 4:14 pm
Here's a list of restaurants in NYC along with their locations and hechsherim. Not all the hechsherim on the list are universally-accepted, so don't just assume they're all fine. But you can look to see which places are near your based that are under hashgachos that you're comfortable with (and double-check that the listed hashgachos are still accurate):

https://www.ozny.org/kosher
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 4:30 pm
Many restaurants in Manhattan that are under OU hashgacha use Alle processing meat.

J2 dairy pizza store is by hi 30's with Advari hechsher plus they have Masgiach temidi from the not heimishe hechsher which is more reliable in a way because mashgiach is always there.
Bagel & co is a pizza store somewhere there next to some hospitals that are located in the 60's and they deliver.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:26 am
doctorima wrote:
Here's a list of restaurants in NYC along with their locations and hechsherim. Not all the hechsherim on the list are universally-accepted, so don't just assume they're all fine. But you can look to see which places are near your based that are under hashgachos that you're comfortable with (and double-check that the listed hashgachos are still accurate):

https://www.ozny.org/kosher


Thank you, so appreciated!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:27 am
dankbar wrote:
Many restaurants in Manhattan that are under OU hashgacha use Alle processing meat.

J2 dairy pizza store is by hi 30's with Advari hechsher plus they have Masgiach temidi from the not heimishe hechsher which is more reliable in a way because mashgiach is always there.
Bagel & co is a pizza store somewhere there next to some hospitals that are located in the 60's and they deliver.


Thanks and please excuse my ignorance, but what is Alle meat?
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:49 am
That is glatt chassidishe shechita I think Satmar
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know nothing about the hechsherim / hashgachos in NYC
Can anyone help me out here?
I'm not even sure what sort of replies I expect.
We do not eat OU, only heimishe hechsherim, is there any equivalence in NYC?

Manhattan restaurants are generally under the OU. There are some with lower tier hashgachos as well. There are no restaurants under heimish hechsherim in Manhattan.
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Nov 30 2019, 6:03 pm
How about (for meat option) Kosher Deluxe 10 West 46th Street 5th & 6th Avenues 212-869-6699 R. Amram Roth

Ive seen very Chassidish people there.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Rainy day activities for adults in NYC, open during Covid?
by amother
0 Thu, Aug 06 2020, 10:12 am View last post
Pls recommend restaurant in monsey
by amother
18 Wed, Aug 05 2020, 4:01 pm View last post
From NYC rental with minian? Private jacuzi or pool
by amother
12 Wed, Aug 05 2020, 3:22 pm View last post
Any parks/trails between NYC and Upstate, open to NYC reside
by amother
0 Wed, Aug 05 2020, 12:23 pm View last post
NYC Health Commissioner quits 2 Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:36 pm View last post