Home

Tear free shampooing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:45 pm
I dread washing my one and half year old’s hair because he shrieks the minute water touches his face. Experienced mothers, do you have tips?

I saw the visor on amazon but I think he’s pull it right off. Anything tried and true?

Right now I’m washing his hair once or twice a week because I just can’t handle his shrieking.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dread washing my one and half year old’s hair because he shrieks the minute water touches his face. Experienced mothers, do you have tips?

I saw the visor on amazon but I think he’s pull it right off. Anything tried and true?

Right now I’m washing his hair once or twice a week because I just can’t handle his shrieking.

My kids all hate water on their face, as do I. I have two kids who still bathe. I still wash hair for both of them. I do it laying down, so the water is less likely to go on their faces.
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:53 pm
buy a special cup for washing hair
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:04 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
My kids all hate water on their face, as do I. I have two kids who still bathe. I still wash hair for both of them. I do it laying down, so the water is less likely to go on their faces.


I tried that but he still shrieked when I gently lay him down. The minute water hits his head (not even his eyes) he shrieks.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:04 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
buy a special cup for washing hair


Can you recommend one? The ones I’m seeing don’t have such great reviews.
Back to top

ds14




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:12 pm
https://www.target.com/p/munch.....96332
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:17 pm
ds14 wrote:
https://www.target.com/p/munchkin-shampoo-rinser/-/A-13296332


Do you use this? Does it work?
Back to top

ds14




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:21 pm
I use it, it's wonderful. Keeps the water from running down her face, for the most part! I have her look up towards the ceiling, place my left hand kind of blocking her forehead, and pour the water with my right hand.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 4:25 pm
ds14 wrote:
I use it, it's wonderful. Keeps the water from running down her face, for the most part! I have her look up towards the ceiling, place my left hand kind of blocking her forehead, and pour the water with my right hand.


If only he would look up. He’s too young to obey. He just screams.
Back to top

ds14




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 11:00 pm
It may be worth a try, I found it very helpful even when she was a bit younger.
Back to top

amother




Silver
 

Post  Wed, Nov 27 2019, 11:07 pm
I doubt his hair needs to be washed more often than once or twice a week anyhow.

He will get older and this will get easier.

At the times when you DO wash his hair, have a washcloth nearby that he or you can grab. Talk him through it, even if he's not verbal yet.

"I'm going to pour the water on your head so it will get wet. We will pour 5 times (or we will lie down for 5 seconds), 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... great! You did it!" If you notice some water splashing on his face, you say, "Oh no! Some water went on your face! You don't like that! Let's wipe it right off with the towel. That's better!"

"Now your hair is wet. Let's put in some shampoo. Oh, your hair is so soapy and bubbly! Excellent! Now let's take out the shampoo and leave your hair all clean! We'll count to five: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. All done! Now your hair is all clean and shiny!"
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Would you like a free grocery order? 23 Today at 2:07 pm View last post
Gluten free Challah recipe- no eggs, nuts, Potatoes, gluten 47 Today at 7:27 am View last post
Changes to the NYC free kosher DOE meals 14 Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:51 pm View last post
Gluten free sugar free home chef 7 Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:52 pm View last post
Store bought foods without eggs and egg free recipes pls
by amother
21 Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:00 pm View last post