Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Who can help me make heads or tails out of this NYS
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:23 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
That’s where an ID doc comes into the picture
how will he know the new law required by doe and doh better than my current doc? doctors arent involved in legalities.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:26 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I'm just reading this I can see that the recommendations change all the time and there is no communication in between different agencies. How insane. And the new law does not take into account the safety of the children receiving this new schedule.
So scientific
yeah yeah yeah. ive been through all of that like I posted before that im really fed up because there is no coordination at all. how about doe and doh tell doctors their new requirements? why do our 2 doctors not know? why does the secretary need to call the dept of health and get different answers each time? why does my school not know what my kids are due for and when?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:32 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Your kids are suffering enough and you're dealing with this now because you
didnt vaccinate them properly to begin with !!

This is outright rude and insulting. I am appalled that someone would say such a thing to another person. She perfectly has the right to make her choices and most likely her kids fared well. Why dont you compare how.many times your kids were sick to her kids before you insult the OP.

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:45 am
Doctors actually do come across this because there are some people who delay vaccines until after age 1 or until school, which is also why we know that side effects like fever and malaise arw worse for toddlers than infants. The tdap recommendations are clear and simple to understand on the catch up chart. Maybe you were looking at the wrong location? There is also a separate tdap catch up chart, which should help.. just answer the questions and follow the arrows - have you looked at it?

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:00 pm
Hi OP. According to the TDaP specific catch up schedule-

If your child age 7 to 10 years old received 1 dose of TDaP, TD or DTaP after age 1 and the first dose was NOT TDaP (meaning it was TD or DTaP) then give TDaP four weeks later. Thereafter, give TD as dose 3 six months later. Your child will need another TDaP after age 11.

If you child age 11 to 18 years old received 1 dose of TDaP or DTaP after age 1 and the first dose was NOT TDaP (so it was DTaP) then the next dose should be TDaP (at least 4 weeks later) and the third dose would be TD given 6 months later.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:03 pm
nchr wrote:
Doctors actually do come across this because there are some people who delay vaccines until after age 1 or until school, which is also why we know that side effects like fever and malaise arw worse for toddlers than infants. The tdap recommendations are clear and simple to understand on the catch up chart. Maybe you were looking at the wrong location? There is also a separate tdap catch up chart, which should help.. just answer the questions and follow the arrows - have you looked at it?

We come across delayed schedules very often. (I.e. mothers that start vaccinating at the age of 2, for example). But not typically children age 7 or above that were previously unvaccinated and now want to catch up. That is not common.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:26 pm
nchr wrote:

catchup schedule for 1 year olds is very diff than for 8 year olds.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:27 pm
nchr wrote:
Hi OP. According to the TDaP specific catch up schedule-

If your child age 7 to 10 years old received 1 dose of TDaP, TD or DTaP after age 1 and the first dose was NOT TDaP (meaning it was TD or DTaP) then give TDaP four weeks later. Thereafter, give TD as dose 3 six months later. Your child will need another TDaP after age 11.

If you child age 11 to 18 years old received 1 dose of TDaP or DTaP after age 1 and the first dose was NOT TDaP (so it was DTaP) then the next dose should be TDaP (at least 4 weeks later) and the third dose would be TD given 6 months later.
my kids are 7-10 and got first dose of Tdap and then 2 months later dtap. so now they need in six months a td ?and then after 11 another tdap? my kid is younger than 11 so second paragraph not applicable

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:29 pm
nchr, I checked up what you said about after 11 another tdap and youre wrong cuz my kids already got tdap. here is copied and pasted from the first link in my op

Students 11 years or older entering grades 6 through 12 are required to
have one dose of Tdap. A dose received at 7 years or older will meet
this requirement.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
We come across delayed schedules very often. (I.e. mothers that start vaccinating at the age of 2, for example). But not typically children age 7 or above that were previously unvaccinated and now want to catch up. That is not common.
but now with new nys law it is more common so why dont they clarify and explain for all involved parties???

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
nchr, I checked up what you said about after 11 another tdap and youre wrong cuz my kids already got tdap. here is copied and pasted from the first link in my op

this requirement.

This is old. That used to be the requirement. This has changed. They will require another one at 11.

"For persons age 7–10 years who receive a dose of Tdap as part of the catch-up series, an adolescent Tdap vaccine dose should be
administered at age 11–12 years. If Tdap is administered inadvertently, the Tdap dose should not be counted as valid. The adolescent Tdap dose should be administered as recommended when the child is age 11–12 years."

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:50 pm
I really feel for you Op!

I am so surprised to hear of all this confusion!
I would think a pediatrician would figure out a schedule and give it to you so you could book the necessary dates/appointments. As a parent with a trusted pediatrician I would certainly rely upon my dr. to do so in the best way possible.

hugs and hatzlocha

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 2:37 pm
Just make sure the intervals are not too close together because if Chas V'Shalom you gave something 2 weeks early, they'll make you give it again.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 2:53 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
This is outright rude and insulting. I am appalled that someone would say such a thing to another person. She perfectly has the right to make her choices and most likely her kids fared well. Why dont you compare how.many times your kids were sick to her kids before you insult the OP.

I'm not getting into this now because theres no point . Bottom line, you dont get to make your own choices if they affect the rest of the world /community . I cant just send my kids to school with a peanut butter sandwich because I have the right to make my own choices. If you live in a community or you live in a society with other human beings you vaccinate your kids ! Stating the truth is not rude and insulting . She endangered her kids, immunocompromised people , pregnant women and the elderly. Sorry for not being sympathetic to a person that put society in danger .

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:15 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
This is old. That used to be the requirement. This has changed. They will require another one at 11.

"For persons age 7–10 years who receive a dose of Tdap as part of the catch-up series, an adolescent Tdap vaccine dose should be
administered at age 11–12 years. If Tdap is administered inadvertently, the Tdap dose should not be counted as valid. The adolescent Tdap dose should be administered as recommended when the child is age 11–12 years."

Where are you quoting from? I copied and pasted from the 2019-2020 immunizations required for school entrance , first link in my op

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:19 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I really feel for you Op!

I am so surprised to hear of all this confusion!
I would think a pediatrician would figure out a schedule and give it to you so you could book the necessary dates/appointments. As a parent with a trusted pediatrician I would certainly rely upon my dr. to do so in the best way possible.

hugs and hatzlocha

I know!!! you would think right? but my doctor was confused and very much had attitude of they didnt tell us what they want, I can only follow regular protocol, bring me the list of what you need from your school and I'll see what I can give your kid and whatever I cant I'll write a letter to the school. but problems are that school doesn't know what my kid needs and also that doh wont accept a letter from doctor. they dont care schedule is schedule.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:22 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Just make sure the intervals are not too close together because if Chas V'Shalom you gave something 2 weeks early, they'll make you give it again.

I know!!! thats why im trying to figure this out and be informed, not just go according to what school or doc's secretary says, which can be contradicting to each other. I need to know and have sources for what I say so I can show them I know what im talking about. its my kids were discussing. I need to take care of them not to get more than is absolutely necessary

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

this requirement.

I thought you said your child received DTaP. In addition, there is a note indicating that the recommendation is that children should receive a TDaP after age 11.

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my kids are 7-10 and got first dose of Tdap and then 2 months later dtap. so now they need in six months a td ?and then after 11 another tdap? my kid is younger than 11 so second paragraph not applicable

Yes, according to the TDaP catch up schedule they would need a TD in 6 months (third dose) and then at age 11 another TDaP is recommend.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:27 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I'm not getting into this now because theres no point . Bottom line, you dont get to make your own choices if they affect the rest of the world /community . I cant just send my kids to school with a peanut butter sandwich because I have the right to make my own choices. If you live in a community or you live in a society with other human beings you vaccinate your kids ! Stating the truth is not rude and insulting . She endangered her kids, immunocompromised people , pregnant women and the elderly. Sorry for not being sympathetic to a person that put society in danger .

if youre not getting into this now because theres no point, why did you continue to do exactly that? I deleted 3 times my other comments to you and in the zechus of withholding them im asking hashem to bentch my kids with gezunt , and they should be able to continue attending school w/o extra vaccinations.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics