Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Health insurance

fbcmom

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:22 am
Anyone here on a six figure income and struggling with good health insurance plan?? I’m looking for a solid plan that has decent premium and deductible. I’m doing this for first time and some plans I inquired about have crazy deductibles. I’m part of middle class that gets to flush thousands to get a decent plan.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:34 am
What would you consider a normal deductible? Asking out of curiosity - I don’t know much about insurance plans.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:54 am
We use refuah health share. BH we are healthy, so it works for us.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:59 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
We use refuah health share. BH we are healthy, so it works for us.

Refuah healthshare only works if theres a lot of people signed up with them. Its not an insurance. I know someone who had kidney stones and shes paying through the roof in medical bills.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 10:57 am
we're like you op. it is probably one of our highest if not highest expense. very high monthly payments, very high deductibles and then there are still co-pays.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 1:08 pm
fbcmom wrote:
Anyone here on a six figure income and struggling with good health insurance plan?? I’m looking for a solid plan that has decent premium and deductible. I’m doing this for first time and some plans I inquired about have crazy deductibles. I’m part of middle class that gets to flush thousands to get a decent plan.

What does a 6 figure income have to do with health insurance? 🤔 (Unless your getting health insurance from the government, does your income matter?)

turca

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 1:24 pm
Could you get your insurance through your employer?

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 1:50 pm
You are best of finding a good broker and following his/her advice on the best plan.

What works best for one person really depends on circumstances in terms of how you use medical care. You can pay less in premiums and then you will have a higher deductible and co-pays but if you don't use doctors frequently then your actual annual health care cost (insurance AND payments) will be less than if you opted for a plan with higher premiums and lower deductible and co-pays.

You can go to the Obamacare website for your state and view the different options. They are tiers of bronze - silver and platinum with platinum being the highest premium but lowest deductible and co-pay. If you need a lot of medical care, then platinum might be cheaper than bronze for total medical expenses.

Keep in mind that any plan you choose will protect you against catastrophic medical costs because your out of pocket costs are capped at a certain amount. You might still pay a pretty penny but it's not like you would be hit for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You can run the numbers and see which option works best for you. Keep in mind that even within certain tiers, an HMO will be less expensive than a PPO or EPO so you will pay more for not being limited as much to doctors within a network - this may or may not be relevant - again depending on how you access medical care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics