Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What should I buy now for my first pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 4:40 pm
Iyh planning on making pesach for the firdt time this year and I need everything...
Any black Friday deals for things I'll need?
Any storage cabinets on sale so I can store my pesach stuff?

Any tips /leads appreciated!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 4:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Iyh planning on making pesach for the firdt time this year and I need everything...
Any black Friday deals for things I'll need?
Any storage cabinets on sale so I can store my pesach stuff?

Any tips /leads appreciated!

Check the Black Friday thread. Tons of deals on cutlery, dishes, pots and pans, small appliances.

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 4:54 pm
Pots cutlery knives peelers soup ladle potato masher and any other kitchen utensils you use a lot. Also a mixer if you plan on baking

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 6:59 pm
How many people will you be cooking for?

SingALong

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 7:06 pm
For my first Pesach, I also took advantage of Black Friday sales.

I got a kitchen aid stand mixer, food processor, a set of pots, cutlery.

When I found the deal, I’d check with other stores for the reg price to see if it was worth it. Say there was a deal for a blender but not the brand I wanted. Then I’d look at the blender I wanted and compare pricing, see if it made sense for me to give up the brand I want for a better price.

One mistake I bought a food processor on sale, great price but was a total lemon. He following year I had to buy a new one (so I got a brain). wasn’t worth the Black Friday deal. So just make sure whatever deal you get its what you really want!

shmosmom

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 10:46 pm
I made Pesach for the first time this year.
Loved my croc pot for all dinners, as I didnt kosher my stove or oven.
We got a pizza maker to make eggs on it in the morning but didnt end up using it.
We also got one of those things you plug in to make hot water, I forgot what they're called.
If you want a separate coffee machine/funnel.
A pareve knife and a meat knife, and a peeler.
We got a washing cup so we don't put out regular washing cup that we use in our chometz sink in the pesach sink insert.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:17 pm
HOTEL RESERVATIONS. LOL

tilot37354

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:40 pm
I have one of those 10 in 1 food processor/immersion blender/mixer/beater machines. It's a bit underpowered, but it does the job. (It can't handle grinding big pieces of horseradish, which is too hard, but everything else it does pretty well.) Probably cost $20-$40 in amazing savings. Very standard piece. I also have a $20 Crock-Pot and a $10 electric kettle. I think those are my only appliances. I have a big and medium fleishig pot, a medium and small pareve pot, 3 frying pans (F/P/M). I have a few good ($15-$30) knifes (I love good knifes, my splurge), 2 cutting boards, a 4 piece mixing bowl set, a measuring cup and spoon set, assorted ladles, spatulas, peelers, and a potato masher. I think that's my pesach kitchen kit. (I use tons of disposable stuff-much more than during year.) I don't have a pesach kitchen, and like leaving as much stuff as I can in place in my regular kitchen, so minimizing necessary cabinet space is important to me. I probably have about $250-$300 worth of kitchen equipment total.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics