Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
From Las Vegas to ?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:09 am
Dh has a show mid January in Las Vegas. We are planning to stay there for two days, afterwards we would love to spend another couple of days elsewhere. Where would your recommend we travel? California or Arizona? And what would you tell us is a must see in either of the states?

happyone

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:38 am
Grand Canyon, Yellowstone park, Geyser national park, Sedona, redstone, Utah has a large array of beautiful national parks.

essie14

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:41 am
You should probably move this to Vacation and Traveling.
The Grand Canyon is easy to drive to from Vegas.

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:02 am
Grand Canyon (see the Hoover Dam on the way)
Sedona

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:08 am
happyone wrote:
Grand Canyon, Yellowstone park,, Geyser national park Sedona, redstone, Utah has a large array of beautiful national parks.

Yellowstone is nowhere near Las Vegas. It is an 11 hour drive.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:57 am
If you decide to go to the Grand Canyon, skip the Skywalk. It's a waste of money in my opinion. It's not so cool.

The glass bridge by the Hoover Dam is worth going to.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 9:46 am
Grand Canyon, Palm Springs (& Joshua Tree National Park), Los Angeles, San Diego

Lots of options. How much time do you have and what do you want to do? Hiking? Beach? Museums?

So fun that you get to go on a vacation!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:36 am
Thanks loads for all replies! Definitely wanna do the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam. My question really was that I would love to travel in a certain direction and stay there for a couple of days, and take flight home from there, so would love to know which direction to take.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:38 am
How do I change the forum title? I realized right away that I made a mistake,but don’t know how to fix it...

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:51 am
Report your OP and ask a mod to move it to the correct forum. If you're planning to go to GC, you'll be roughly equidistant from Las Vegas and Phoenix airports (3-4 hours each). If you want to see Sedona as well, you can fly back from PHX, but if you don't have time for it, it's probably better to just loop back to Las Vegas since one-way car rentals can be more expensive.

You could also see if you'll have time to stop in Page (Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and Lake Powell), or possibly even Bryce or Zion NP. If you're going in the next few months, the GC North Rim may be closed due to the weather (check the NPS website), so you'll need to go to the South Rim.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 1:03 pm
Thanks loads for your help! Will definitely check out all places you mentioned
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics