Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
What can my 3 yo do by himself for one hour?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 4:51 am
Siblings = more people but also more fight

It depends each child and how you get them used.

Read John Rosemond on entertainment

lucky14

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 6:43 am
I thought I added another response last night but I guess it didn't post. I remembered another thing my son enjoys: we made pretend sand out of flour and baby oil (you can find recipes online). I put down a biiiig plastic tablecloth on the kitchen floor (the room in my house with the floor that's easiest to clean) and put the "sand" in a big shallow pan and add a bunch of mini trucks, spoons and other random things. He has so much fun with that. When I was pregnant I could sit on the floor next to him half watching him while I struggled to keep my eyes open (pregnancy does that to you) and he would keep himself entertained with that for a good while.
I leave it all in the kitchen in a big plastic container now and he helps himself to it when he wants (with my permission of course). He even knows to spread the plastic out and to try to keep it all on there and to let me know when he's finished so I can clean him off before he goes and spreads it all around the rest of the house.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 6:52 am
play with a babysitter.. you should never go to sleep and leave a 3 year old unsupervised. Maybe a 5-6 year old if you are easily accessible but no younger.

lucky14

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 6:59 am
notshanarishona wrote:
play with a babysitter.. you should never go to sleep and leave a 3 year old unsupervised. Maybe a 5-6 year old if you are easily accessible but no younger.

oooh I took it to mean like relax on the sofa. You're right she may mean she wants to take a nap.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:39 am
I work every day with 3 year old home. She can’t do the same activity for so long straight but can play between different activities herself with direction.
Rotate toys. Take out one at a time.
Like wood puzzles 20 min. Magna tiles 20 min - give something specific to build. And then color. And then snack time when done.
If it’s not the same toy everyday it makes a big difference.

I also like the idea of having special craft or toy box only for when Mommy is resting time. Like stickers and colored paper. Or special colored pencils. You can fill it from the dollar store. This way it’s something to look forward to.

You can also try large size perler beads.

Or cuddle on couch together. My 3 yr old would love to get her blanket and cuddle on couch a bit.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:05 am
She played with her 1yo sister. A sibling or friend keeps a young child entertained for a good while.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers