Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood schools HELP!!
1  2  3  4  Next

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:47 pm
deleting my postS. This turned into pure gossip and LH. Not my intention. If the admin can delete entire convo- even better.

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:53 pm
Omg
I don’t have any info for you but am also just curiously wondering where I will send my daughter when the time comes. I can’t believe that’s what the interviews are like. I’m sending my son to tashbar next year, (Btw would love any info you have about what you like about it), so just went through the boys school system and not one interview was the way you described. We got 4 interviews out of the 5 places we applied to, and got into two schools with no pull no promising money etc. I told my husband we should start saving money to donate to a girls school when we get up to that!!!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:12 pm
I'm really sorry for your experience op, and I want you to know that there are people who are living in Lakewood their entire lives who have a hard time getting their daughters into school. These are nice, frum families, some of the men learn, some don't, some of their kids do know Sesame Street, some don't, some husbands wear only white shirts, some don't, some have lots of money, some don't. It is a well known, very sad, fact that Lakewood girls schools do not have enough room and it is very, very difficult to get into a school. It absolutely does not reflect on you or your husband, or your parents, or grandparents, or siblings or children.

Eventually the vaad will put out ads saying that if you didn't get into a school you should contact them and even they can't help everybody.

I'm sorry to ask this, because I know you're in pain and I don't want to hurt you. But I'm so curious about your use of "Lakewood B" and "realized we had to use the Lakewood schools." Don't people understand that when they move to Jackson and Toms River they are relying on the Lakewood infrastructure? Isn't that the draw, you get this (usually) big, beautiful house and property and you're also part of the frum Lakewood community? How did you expect this to work? There aren't any schools in Jackson. I'm always so taken aback when people move to Jackson and Toms River and then are surprised they have to use the Lakewood schools, mikvaos, stores etc.

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:15 pm
deleting my postS. This turned into pure gossip and LH. Not my intention. If the admin can delete entire convo- even better.

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:15 pm
You don't need money to push your way into a school. That rumor is perpetuated by people that never actually did it. Those people bitterly assume that money would have bought them a slot. In reality, if your family is a good fit and they have room, you do not need to buy your way in. If there's no room then they can't take you anyway.

Tehillas Chaya Sara is run by the parents. They do whatever they want. In other words, not a growth-oriented place. That's the long and short of it. If you want your daughter to see the selectively frum life then send there.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:16 pm
Tehilas Chaya Sara is an excellent school. The clientele there are a bit more modern, hence the "bad name" among the more yeshivish crowd. Modern may or may not bother you.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:18 pm
lkwdlady88 wrote:
I knew I would use Lakewood infrastructure but thought the schools we were going to look into were more open-minded... Not sure if that is true about all of them. But the interview we had was so wrong on so many levels.. I dont want o bash them and not the point of this...

Does anyone know about TCS and this "name" that they have

What made you think there are open minded schools here? Again, I'm really trying to understand. Did you not find out anything about Lakewood before you moved here?

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about TCS to help you.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:18 pm
lkwdlady88 wrote:
I knew I would use Lakewood infrastructure but thought the schools we were going to look into were more open-minded... Not sure if that is true about all of them. But the interview we had was so wrong on so many levels.. I dont want o bash them and not the point of this...

Does anyone know about TCS and this "name" that they have

As I said above, the other schools refuse to allow it to become hefkeirus. They pull the strings, not the parents. If you don't want your child to be in a school that upholds its own standards--whatever that may be-- then send to TCS.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:21 pm
OP I'm so glad nachlas turned you down
You would not want your daughter there.

Tcs is a more open minded school so that's why a lot of lkwd pol dont know about it or send there. It s well run and ppl are happy.

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:33 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:33 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:34 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:37 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:39 pm
lkwdlady88 wrote:
If we were to write a check- we could potentially open a spot.... Exists in all walks of life.. Money talks..

A friend paid 50k recently to get into Nachlas

[edited to remove unnecessary opinion about a school]

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:39 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:40 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:41 pm
lkwdlady88 wrote:
Why is it not groth oriented? and ho does it differ from another school? they are all beis yaakovs... have uniforms and are tznius, etc

It s considered the most "left" of the Lakewood schools.

Why not go by dismissal and check the school out and see if you could picture your dd there.

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:42 pm
Sebastian wrote:
It s considered the most "left" of the Lakewood schools.

Why not go by dismissal and check the school out and see if you could picture your dd there.

Edit

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:43 pm

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:44 pm
Tashbar is also considered more left. What llwd considers left, you may consider open minded lol
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics