Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood schools HELP!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sebastian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:45 pm
lkwdlady88 wrote:
Would you mind explaining what is 'left".. I am having a hard time defining that? Is it short skirts and really not tznius? Is it TV at home? Or is red nail polish and longer sheitlas?

Probably a little bit of everything above.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:50 pm
Please remove the name of the school asap. With all due respect that’s Lashon hara and not necessary. I happen to know many people who are very happy there, just a side point to anyone who unfortunately had to see that. Hatzlacha op with schools I hope it works out smoothly for you iyh!

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:52 pm
I thought I was lkwdlady... nice to meet a close relative!

I was reading your issue with girls schools and I just want to say that until your child is registered and everything has fallen into place, it really is very overwhelming here! I had a very hard time getting my daughter into the school we really wanted for her. We had pull, the right hashkafos.. it was mind boggling what we went through with our first daughter. At the end ( the very end), they reluctantly accepted her but you should know that it had nothing to do with money at all. Maybe smaller schools are taking bribes but as far as I know, the long time established schools don’t run like that.
If you have any other girls you’ll be happy to know that once you get your oldest daughter into a school, you don’t have to go through this uncertainty again with other daughters.
As I was reading through your posts I thought of another possible option for you. Have you heard of ateres tzipa? I don’t have personal experience with that school but I know a few people who send there. It seems (to me) like a small, warm, well run school. Just giving you another place to consider. Hope I’m not totally off.
Good luck. Eventually it DOES work out! (Speaking from experience)

Last edited by lkwdlady on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:05 am
Badmouthing specific schools on a public forum like this is just plain wrong.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:07 am
Sebastian wrote:
Tashbar is also considered more left. What llwd considers left, you may consider open minded lol

Tashbar isn't considered left, it's just not yeshivish. And it has a VERY different parent body than TCS.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Please remove the name of the school asap. With all due respect that’s Lashon hara and not necessary. I happen to know many people who are very happy there, just a side point to anyone who unfortunately had to see that. Hatzlacha op with schools I hope it works out smoothly for you iyh!

I think its ltoeles
If anyone wants to know why I said what I said. They can PM me.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:15 am
I think its a mistake to try to get into a school that is significantly "frummer" than the home - unless you are willing to change. If children see that the parents don't follow all the school rules they may ch"v think ALL the school (Torah) rules are optional. That doesn't happen when school and parents are on the same page.

Don't worry about the "name" of the school that accepted your daughter. It just means its too modern for some people - but it may be just right for your family.

If you think the parent body and school is frum enough for you, than it's all good.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:17 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I think its a mistake to try to get into a school that is significantly "frummer" than the home - unless you are willing to change. If children see that the parents don't follow all the school rules they may ch"v think ALL the school (Torah) rules are optional. That doesn't happen when school and parents are on the same page.

Don't worry about the "name" of the school that accepted your daughter. It just means its too modern for some people - but it may be just right for your family.

If you think the parent body and school is frum enough for you, than it's all good.

Lakewood doesn’t yet have options to accommodate all the new young families in Jackson and Toms River.
There are 2 schools that are still evolving so ppl are scared to send (by of ocean county and Tcs)

Most schools here are going to insist that kids watch nothing that isn’t Jewish. Father wears black hat. Mother dresses to certain standard. It’s their right and what rest of parent body wants. (I don’t find white shirts such an issue - DH doesn’t wear white but that was overlooked because he is pretty right)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:26 am
OMG, I have no words!!
So happy we stayed in Brooklyn, where my girls attend a wonderful school that has a wide range of "fathers shirt colors" Wink and everyone is respected.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:27 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

There are 2 schools that are still evolving so ppl are scared to send (by of ocean county and Tcs)

TCS is not a new school at all! it used to be Bnos Rivka

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:32 am
Sebastian wrote:
Tashbar is also considered more left. What llwd considers left, you may consider open minded lol

Tashnar would have the same requirements as the nachlas. Interview. I’d imagine their handbook doesn’t allow watching anything not Jewish. And that fathers there wear black hats davening. I’d be shocked otherwise.
The only thing that makes it more left is they don’t translate to Yiddish.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:33 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Lakewood doesn’t yet have options to accommodate all the new young families in Jackson and Toms River.

Most schools here are going to insist that kids watch nothing that isn’t Jewish. Father wears black hat. Mother dresses to certain standard. It’s their right and what rest of parent body wants. (I don’t find white shirts such an issue - DH doesn’t wear but that was overlooked because he is pretty right)

It sounds like OP found a school that is a good fit for her.

Who cares if other people think its modern? Every school has some people who think it's too modern and other people who think it's too frum. Main thing is if it is right for YOU.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:34 am
#BestBubby wrote:
It sounds like OP found a school that is a good fit for her.

Who cares if other people think its modern? Every school has some people who think it's too modern and other people who think it's too frum. Main thing is if it is right for YOU.

She doesn’t have a girls school...
You may have a school that meets your needs hashkafically. But the way the school is run or services may not match what you need
If only it was simple.

small bean

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:37 am
My neices are in TCS.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

My girls are in BEM, they are obnoxious when it comes to registration and they have no room before registration even opens.

I'm surprised about bnos brocha not responding because they are very nice there. Or that's what I have been told.

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:45 am
deleting my postS. This turned into pure gossip and LH. Not my intention. If the admin can delete entire convo- even better.

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:46 am
deleting my postS. This turned into pure gossip and LH. Not my intention. If the admin can delete entire convo- even better.

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:47 am

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:48 am

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:51 am

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady88

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:51 am
Mistake. Edited.

Last edited by lkwdlady88 on Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics