Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pre Nuptial Contract

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:53 am
I am divorced & PG getting re-married soon.

My Chosson wants me to sign a pre-nuptial contract. (I have a bunch of kids, while he has never been married).

How common is this for anyone to request?

TIA.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 4:36 am
Extremely common in your situation.

abound

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 5:59 am
sounds very normal and acceptable. It is also common for him to stipulate that he is not responsible financially for your children from before the marriage.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:08 am
The normal and sensible thing to do. If he would have children of his own it would be even more imperative, but this protects everyone.

Coming from the wife of someone who is concerned about whether his father did it before a second marriage. But not something he feels he can check up on at the moment.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:40 am
Does he have significant assets? What's the prenup for specifically? Also make sure you do a halachic prenup too.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:26 am
Very normal and healthy. Makes sure that you read through it with someone who understands it well and you’re on the same page... (is he supporting your kids? What if you iyh have children together and/or you for some reason can’t work? Who inherits your shared assets, which will be defined in this document.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics