Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Preschooler bedding- fun or practical?

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:33 am
My preschooler needs a sheet/blanket set. Should I let him pick out whatever he wants (will probably be paw patrol, construction vehicles or fire trucks is my guess) or should I let him choose (or I choose) a set that isn't so childish that he will be able to have for a lot longer?

cbg

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:46 am
You can get something practical for the bedding and then some stuff animals and pillows to decorate on top of the bed
Also, they sell wall stickers that don’t damage the wall.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:48 am
That's a great idea cbg had.
But paw patrol bedding is probably not that expensive, so maybe let him get it, if it makes him excited! You can replace it in a few years.

Classicookie

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:53 am
Let him have the fun you could get him a nicer things as he's older why so you could always put the fun blanket in a duvet cover

wiki

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:55 am
Bedding is not that expensive. Get one that he likes and one that you like!
(Anyway, you will need extra bedding for the inevitable accidents and throw up that come the day after you did laundry!)

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:03 am
cbg wrote:
You can get something practical for the bedding and then some stuff animals and pillows to decorate on top of the bed
Also, they sell wall stickers that don’t damage the wall.

I like this idea. But... I bet the pillows and wall decor and stuff would probably equal out to the cost of a bed set.
On the other hand I'm reading reviews that all these kid sets are made from polyester and microfiber and are stiff and uncomfortable. Do kids care? Or would they rather have the cuteness?

trixx

Whatever will entice him to stay in his bed instead of coming back into yours lol

lucky14

wiki wrote:
Bedding is not that expensive. Get one that he likes and one that you like!
(Anyway, you will need extra bedding for the inevitable accidents and throw up that come the day after you did laundry!)

Haha true

lucky14

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:05 am
trixx wrote:
Whatever will entice him to stay in his bed instead of coming back into yours lol

Thank G-d he loves his bed (and realizes he sleeps better in his own room)!

emzod42

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:14 am
Another option would be to let him pick out a sheet set (just the sheets/pillowcases), and pick a blanket in a coordinating color that could be used later.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:24 am
I let my kids pick their sheets. Its one of the few things in life they get to choose so why not. My oldest chose the most bizarre bedding but it made him so happy that I rolled with it even when I couldn't understand it.

My 3 and 5 year olds share a room and have sheets and blankets that have trucks/cars/vehicles. They are very cute but still classic enough to last a few years before they get bored or feel its baby-ish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics