Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Something that made you smile this week!:):)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:37 pm
When I came to pick up my 2.5 year old son from playgroup a bit early today he proudly shouted to his friends, “hello! Hello! My mommy! My mommy!!!”
It was my proudest moment in this motherhood thing thus far.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:44 pm
This morning while fighting the temptation to turn to the other side for a few more minutes of shut eye, I heard my 4 year old taking my 2 1/2 year old to the bathroom and telling her "Mommy is gonna be so proud of you!"
I ran out of bed to give her a hug.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:49 pm
One day this week my daughter randomly blurted out "mommy, I love you. You are the best mother."
I hugged her while my eyes welled up with tears. It came on a particularly difficult day when I was second guessing my parenting skills and pitying my kids that I am their mother. As per the Gemara, Hashem was speaking to me through the mouth of a child.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:52 pm
SuperWify wrote:
When I came to pick up my 2.5 year old son from playgroup a bit early today he proudly shouted to his friends, “hello! Hello! My mommy! My mommy!!!”
It was my proudest moment in this motherhood thing thus far.

LOL. I get that same feeling every day B'H when I come to the babysitter and my kids run to me and whoop "Mommy!!"

pizza4

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:23 am
My daughter wrote me a letter in that adorable "just learned to write" scrawl, mommy you are the best mother, love _.
I can't bring myself to throw it out.
I need to save it and show it to her when she's 16 and might not think the same cute thing.

subby

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 1:14 am
I had strep and my friend surprised me with delicious stuff from spoons! With a get well soon card!

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 1:55 am
Pewter that’s beautiful!!

A convo with my 2 yo:
Me: (tickling her tummy) what do you have here??
Cutie pie: milk!
Me: where’d you get it?
Cutie pie: the other side!

The joys of nursing an overgrown baby lol! (That’s defying all drs who didn’t think she’ll ever eat!) She has rules and regulations on how I need to sit/ lay on the pillow, which side she prefers etc.

Another funny one from this princess that’s under the weather with a nasty Virus and was really cranky all day. I put on some music and suddenly she’s jumping and dancing on my bed! I emailed a video clip of it to her onc & I think we made her day too! Kids are just so resilient, it’s amazing how they’re down & in pain but can just snap out of it in a second. A lesson to all... (ok, talking to myself here- not to dwell on grievances...)

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 1:56 am
My 4 yo wrapped his arm around me and said “bizt a yummy mommy”

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 2:03 am
DS6 asks me, "Are you pregnant?" I was kind of surprised, and didn't answer him right away. "This looks very big," he explains, pointing to my chest.

DS4 tells him very matter-of-factly, "No, that's where she nurses the baby."

(Note: I have looked 5 months pregnant since the last baby was born...)

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 2:50 am
My 2 yr old snuggled into me and said "Eema, you're my best friend"
I melted!

mig100

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 2:54 am
essie14 wrote:
My 2 yr old snuggled into me and said "Eema, you're my best friend"
I melted!

Adorable!!

mig100

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 3:16 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I was literally about to type this. Word for word! Cutest thing ever, !

Yeah it really is. My baby did this the other day!!!

Metukah

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 3:59 am
My baby is starting to eat a little solids. She ate soup yesterday and when she had enough, she shook her head from side to side; the no motion. She's 7 months old.
We had a good laugh.

chefmama

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 4:36 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

And she opens up her adorable mouth and says, completely puzzled, "Are you pooping, Bubby?"

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?

Oh my gosh! This is so funny, seriously had me laughing with tears!! LOL

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 5:12 am
Metukah wrote:
My baby is starting to eat a little solids. She ate soup yesterday and when she had enough, she shook her head from side to side; the no motion. She's 7 months old.
We had a good laugh.

Almost the same here - my 7 month old was wearing a tshirt that said 'be nice' on it. DH lifted her up and said 'are you gonna be nice today?' to which she promptly shook her head 'NO!'

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:44 am
I’m visiting my ds who is dorming someplace and he said he can’t wait until I come because he misses my food. Very Happy

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:36 am
chefmama wrote:
Oh my gosh! This is so funny, seriously had me laughing with tears!! LOL

Same here.
Then I just had to read it to dh and the second time too I had tears from laughing so hard. He was cracking up too.
Thank you jewishfoodie!!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:51 am
Bh my almost 16 year Old Yeshiva bucher showing me his straight 100 tests almost every nite! ( they’re not easy)What a nachas Bh Bh !

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:57 am
I was sitting on my bed after a long day and my 17 month old was on my bed jumping around. She usually can’t stay still for two seconds. She stood up behind me, turned her hands into fists and started rubbing them on my neck and said “massage, massage”...
my DH caught it on video, wish I could share it here it brings a smile to everyone’s face.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:00 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

And she opens up her adorable mouth and says, completely puzzled, "Are you pooping, Bubby?"

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?

I didn’t just smile, I’m rolling from laughter. Your granddaughter definitely has your genes!!! Hysterical.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics