Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Something that made you smile this week!:):)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 5:31 pm
for the last five years I had my electric tooth brush is a bathroom draw
today I finally found the charger to it under my sink I hope it works I am charging it now

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 5:32 pm
Was out for a week and a half and my students told me they missed me. High School. Was heartwarming.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:12 pm
My daughter thanked me so nicely for always having dinner waiting for her when she walks in from school .
I work really hard to make that happen and it was so sweet how she appreciates it and thanked me for it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:48 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
today I finally found the charger to it under my sink I hope it works I am charging it now

It works !

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:59 pm
I found adorable headbands for $2 and the cutest booties for $5 at Tottini today!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:05 pm
I just found out that I can make money selling my crafts on Etsy! I won't say what it is, but basically for now I won't have competition (until everyone else starts to copy me).

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:22 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I found adorable headbands for $2 and the cutest booties for $5 at Tottini today!

Thank you so much for this! I never knew about this website and their sales are awesome! I'm getting tons of headbands!

Also my 3 yr old daughter always tells me "You're my best friend! I love you so much!" I give her tons of kisses!

eschaya

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:35 pm
I saved a life today. In my line of work we are often involved in lifesaving, but it's often rote or just following protocol and training and experience. But last night someone (he was jewish, incidentally) came into our ED and had a life threatening electrolyte imbalance that none of the providers could understand where it was coming from. They obviously started the appropriate management of the issue, and then consulted me. I was just as stumped as everyone else, and then Hashem put a thought into my head of a rare possible cause. We ordered some more labs and it confirmed my suspicion. We ended up transferring the patient out to a larger hospital that has a specialized medication that can potentially save his life.
I could not stop smiling the entire morning. To know that because of my thought (that obviously is not due to me but thanks to Hashem who put it there) this man should hopefully go on to live another little while. And it did feel good to have 2 physicians tell me straight out "you saved this man's life today".

happinessseeker

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:50 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:

They have such cute stuff!! Any idea how fit runs?

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:57 pm
eschaya wrote:
I saved a life today. In my line of work we are often involved in lifesaving, but it's often rote or just following protocol and training and experience. But last night someone (he was jewish, incidentally) came into our ED and had a life threatening electrolyte imbalance that none of the providers could understand where it was coming from. They obviously started the appropriate management of the issue, and then consulted me. I was just as stumped as everyone else, and then Hashem put a thought into my head of a rare possible cause. We ordered some more labs and it confirmed my suspicion. We ended up transferring the patient out to a larger hospital that has a specialized medication that can potentially save his life.
I could not stop smiling the entire morning. To know that because of my thought (that obviously is not due to me but thanks to Hashem who put it there) this man should hopefully go on to live another little while. And it did feel good to have 2 physicians tell me straight out "you saved this man's life today".
Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray

You made EVERYONE smile today!! Thank you!

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:01 pm
yesterday was giving tuesday on facebook our $180.00 dollar donation to our incredible
chabad in Brookline Boston was tripled by generous donor's

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:43 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
1. My special needs child came home and was able to (mostly) retell a story his teacher told him - with characters and the plot. It was garbled but I got enough to look it up and reserve it at the library without asking the teacher! Yay, speech therapy is working!

2. He had a playdate with a friend at the friend's house (with me, but still!)

3. We found a really good tutor for another child and she is happy to go!

4. I found some new books to read in the library and I haven't snuggled down with a book in forever and I'm really looking forward to some good reading!

5. I went out at night for PTA and my teenage son cleaned up the playroom and kitchen to surprise us!

Sometimes I am just so overwhelmed with fears and negativity and then I have to stop myself and think wow, I have a lot of good going for me. So thanks for this thread!

This made me 😄! Lots of nachas! What a major milestone and what hard
wok went in to get here... wow!

Enjoy your book! Mommy-me time, hooray Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:55 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?
I have tears running down my cheeks. Thanks for the laughs!!!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:07 pm
Today I found keys and did my best to return them to their owner, and Hashem helped me do it! This is my FAVORITE mitzvah, and I felt the opportunity was a special gift from Hashem to me! May Hashem will help my daughter be found by her besherte just as quickly and easily!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 11:52 pm
I told my 5.5 yr old that I see his first ‘big boy tooth’ coming out. So he asks, “am I still going to be cute?”

overworked

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:06 am
my fil isn't alive about 8 yrs so my 6 yr old woke up this morning telling me out of the blue she misses zeidy a"h so I told he that she will see him iyh when moshiach comes to what she answers that when I will see him I will run and hug him

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:43 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

I found a sweater yesterday that I’ve been wondering where it was for a few years now. It was in my dh’s closet.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:59 am
I found a kitchen towel that I have not seen in years in my linen closet today it says

'happy chanukah ' on it perfect timing.

blessedflower

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:11 am
Jewish foodie, your posts made and make me smile. Thanks

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:26 am
My 6 yr old son asked me if my grandfather was alive in the times of the bais hamikdash!! Very Happy
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics