Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Did you give the flu shot?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Did you give the flu shot?
Yes I did or planning to  
 63%  [ 90 ]
No and I'm not planning on  
 36%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 142

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:37 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
The toxins and live viruses in the flu shot are a reason many people decide not to get a flu shot. Anyhow scientists don't have crystal balls.there's no way to know which strain or even strains of the flu virus will be going around, when the flu shots are made pre-flu season.

What percentage of ppl who die from the flu are unvaccinated?

If the number is high then it works.

If it’s true that 80% of pediatric deaths were unvaccinated then I’ll take my chances of the shot not working.

180 families last year buried children that died of the flu.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:41 pm
Amother pumpkin, I know the flu shot doesn't cause the flu. But when we didn't get the shot, no one got the flu. When we did get the shot, we all got the flu. And I know quite afew people with the same experience. So maybe the flu shot does indeed cause the flu.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:43 pm
Scientists don't know which strain(s) of flu will become prevalent the following flu season- it's all a shot in the dark, as they're guessing. But for sure there is thermisol, live viruses and a host of other toxins in the flu shot.

There are no live viruses in the flu shot. And you can ask for the preservative -free one.

And if you're scared of live viruses, do you stay quarantined at home all day? Because there are live viruses everywhere.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:45 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Amother pumpkin, I know the flu shot doesn't cause the flu. But when we didn't get the shot, no one got the flu. When we did get the shot, we all got the flu. And I know quite afew people with the same experience. So maybe the flu shot does indeed cause the flu.

Well I had the opposite experience. The only year I got the flu was the year I forgot to get a flu shot. And believe me, I have NEVER forgotten again. I get it as soon as it comes out.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:57 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Yes and yes.
I have a daughter on humira so it’s a must.

At one time my children got the flu after the shot. It was very mild and they were pretty ok but I will still annoyed. I spoke to my dr and he said if patients who take the flu shot don’t get lifetime complications or die of the flu then it is working. He is right.
Last year so many healthy ppl - including a Jewish toddler in Lakewood - died of the flu. It’s just not worth the chance.

I also have a daughter on humira and we all got flu shots. All her doctors were adamant we all get it. God forbid she gets it while on immune suppressants

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:10 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I also have a daughter on humira and we all got flu shots. All her doctors were adamant we all get it. God forbid she gets it while on immune suppressants

Also have a child that’s immunocompromised. And I can say this- if there’s anything we can do to prevent the flu then we must do it. We had adenovirus in the house and it was NASTY!
So be’H we did our hishtadlus, and Hashem please please watch over us!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:24 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

Could you imagine how much sicker you would have been had you not gotten the flu shot the years you actually did get it ?

tweety1

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:35 pm
My brother got the flu shot only once a few yrs ago, a few weeks later he got the flu and went to my mother's house cuz he was so sick and was too scared to be home himself (talking abt a guy who's marrying off kids already). He passed out on my mother's couch.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 7:58 pm
I never took the flu shot and never got the flu. So Im undecided to give it to my baby.
The people I know who were or are very sick from from the flu, also caught something else at around the same time like pneumonia

My question is why is it that once the flu shot came out, the flu is suddenly so much worse when people get it?
I know people who never got the shot and when they had the flu last year they were just sick for a few days but was no big deal

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I never took the flu shot and never got the flu. So Im undecided to give it to my baby.
The people I know who were or are very sick from from the flu, also caught something else at around the same time like pneumonia

My question is why is it that once the flu shot came out, the flu is suddenly so much worse when people get it?
I know people who never got the shot and when they had the flu last year they were just sick for a few days but was no big deal

You've never had flu in your life? Wow! That's pretty lucky. I remember having the flu as a kid, before flu shots were around. It was really awful. I've had flu as an adult too, and it's really miserable. Most people who test positive for flu and didn't get the shot are pretty sick. Not mildly sick for a few days.

About pneumonia, that's not something someone catches. It's a complication from the flu- the only reason those people got pneumonia is because they had the flu. In fact that's what causes many flu deaths.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:45 pm
I always give it . Even if it’s not 💯 effective , better safe than sorry .

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:52 pm
Scientists don't know which strain(s) of flu will become prevalent the following flu season- it's all a shot in the dark, as they're guessing. But for sure there is thermisol, live viruses and a host of other toxins in the flu shot.

This is false.

Most dr offices do not give the shot with thermisol. I asked my dr office. Ppl can check with their dr office to check.

“Flu vaccines in multi-dose vials contain thimerosal to safeguard against contamination of the vial. Most single-dose vials and pre-filled syringes of flu shot and the nasal spray flu vaccine do not contain a preservative because they are intended to be used once.”

The nasal spray contains a"live attenuated" flu virus, but the virus is weakened so that it cannot cause the flu. (my daughter on humira can't take it). The shot does not. My peditrician doesn’t even offer the spray anymore.

pizza4

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:58 pm
I don't know, it's not so clear cut. Imagine if it was and if you took the shot, you wouldn't get the flu. But as a previous poster said as long as you aren't left with lifelong complications it worked.
A relative of mine has several stories (firsthand) about people who had emergencies after getting the flu shot. (Hatzolah) perfectly healthy people.
A relative of mine had a mini heart attack the same day as he had the flu shot. Coincidence? Perhaps. How can we know?
The flu can be nasty, (and so can a "cold") but isn't life threatening in itself. We try our best to lead a healthy lifestyle and do our best with the information we have, as we understand it.
Meanwhile, I don't give the flu shots. Thank God we still are allowed to opt out.
I'm not anti vax, at all. My kids are vaccinated, (almost completely) besides for flu shots. So don't jump on me, I'm posting with my sn. I'm just saying, it's not black and white.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:10 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
You've never had flu in your life? Wow! That's pretty lucky. I remember having the flu as a kid, before flu shots were around. It was really awful. I've had flu as an adult too, and it's really miserable. Most people who test positive for flu and didn't get the shot are pretty sick. Not mildly sick for a few days.

About pneumonia, that's not something someone catches. It's a complication from the flu- the only reason those people got pneumonia is because they had the flu. In fact that's what causes many flu deaths.

I never had the flu b"h. Neither did my dh or any of my kids. None of us have ever gotten the flu shot and we are not planning to. Lots of water, healthy vitamin rich food, healthy sleep habits, hand washing, along with a tefillah works just fine bs"d.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:20 pm
Hugs are good for our health too. Thank you hugger.

eschaya

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Have you heard of the 1918 flu pandemic? 20-50 million people died of the flu worldwide, including 675k Americans. So no, "once the flu shot came out, the flu is suddenly so much worse: this is a very false statement.

eschaya

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:22 pm
The toxins and live viruses in the flu shot are a reason many people decide not to get a flu shot. Anyhow scientists don't have crystal balls.there's no way to know which strain or even strains of the flu virus will be going around, when the flu shots are made pre-flu season.

There are no live viruses in the flu shot

eschaya

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:25 pm

There are no live viruses in the flu shot. There is no thimerosal in single use vials of the flu vaccine (which is what your children will be given). Its ok to have your stance, but at least learn the facts.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:25 pm

If you're going to post, how about posting honestly?

The single dose vials of flu (which are given to all children, pregnant women, and most adults) contain NO thimerisol. Only the multi dose vials contain it.

There are NO live viruses in the flu shot. There is an weakened live virus in the flu nasal spray.

Please post accurately.

TheNeutralOne

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:48 pm
My grandfather went into respiratory paralysis from a flu shot. He never breathed again on his own.
He was not interested in getting the shot, but because of his age, the family had insisted.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics