Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Did you give the flu shot?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Did you give the flu shot?
Yes I did or planning to  
 63%  [ 90 ]
No and I'm not planning on  
 36%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 142

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:44 pm
eschaya wrote:
Have you heard of the 1918 flu pandemic? 20-50 million people died of the flu worldwide, including 675k Americans. So no, "once the flu shot came out, the flu is suddenly so much worse: this is a very false statement.

I'm pretty sure that the pandemic flu and the seasonal flu are two different things.

I know, late response. Was just checking this thread back since I was just thinking about the flu vaccine controversy today.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:47 pm
No I’m
Scared of needles husbands required to have one since he is a doc and when I was younger had the flu mist thru my nose

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 6:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the pandemic flu and the seasonal flu are two different things.

That's rather vague. The influenza virus is constantly mutating and jumping between species, but its genome has been decoded so it's possible to compare a 1918 virus to a modern one and count the number of differences.

https://www.nature.com/scitabl.....-716/

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious.. How many gave it or are giving it to their kids?

Yes but drools me this years shot is useless, he has lots of flu cases coming in even though they all gave shot

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:51 pm
Never got the flu shot and caught the flu once 13 years ago.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:44 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Yes but drools me this years shot is useless, he has lots of flu cases coming in even though they all gave shot

Same story every year. Hype flu in September, get shot Oct or Nov, see by Feb how useless it is. Do people really have such short term memory?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:23 pm
I never got the flu shot. Don't think I ever got the flu. Nothing very severe at least, I've had a cold with low fever and achy for one to two days, is that a flu? Not worth risking side effects for a flu shot IMO. In flu seasons, I'm careful to take vitamin C and zinc. Elderberry and oil of oregano diluted. Fresh garlic, ginger, tumeric.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics