Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teenager

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 4:42 am
I have a 14 year old son who comes home from Mesivta very bored no hwk...I’m trying to interest him in a hobby anyone have any ideas?

elisheva25

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 6:50 am
Engineering
Chess
Learning Hebrew

monseymom25

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 6:51 am
Photography

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:26 am
Ty for your suggestions I really appreciate it he’s just so picky he doesn’t go for any of those ideas any other ideas??

shmosmom

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:34 am
My mother gets all my brother bikes and helmets as a "starting yeshiva gift".
She feels like it's important that they stay active esp when they're sitting so many hours.
Don't know if this will work in the climate you may live in.

One brother recently got a keyboard as well and is trying to learn sheet music.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:41 am
Yes he has a bike it’s just too cold to ride now. Ty all for your suggestions if there are any other ideas I would appreciate it. I would love for him to play a musical instrument but he has no interest.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:54 am
Puzzles? Start with a 500 piece. You can work on it together sometimes , or he can do it himself.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:05 am
Drawing, Writing a journal,creating a newsletter for the class whether giving it out weekly or monthly on Rosh Chodesh or before yomim tovim. He can get the class involved in the project by kids sending in riddles, comics, drawings, puzzles, stories... it kept my 14 yr old very busy at that age and he eventually became the manager of the paper coordinating between all the things the boys sent in and putting t together.

Putting over the door an indoor basketball hoop, exercise program whether in a group or personal trainer, music is also amazing, keeps my son busy for hours, listening to hotline stories, signing up to a mishnayos program (there’s one where they send you miniatures to build for noi sukkah, painting, creating a 3D puzzle like the Bais Hamikdash...

These r things that kept my 14 yr old busy with last yr.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:20 am
What are his talents? Is he creative? Is he good with his hands? Is he a homebody that likes reading? Is he athletic? Does he like using brainpower or needs to relax his mind?

tp3

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:34 am
My mesivta boys have no time besides an hour here and an hour there, but they enjoy reading, coding, playing chess, keyboard, and adult paint by number canvasses.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 9:21 am
My husband likes, and try to grt my boys interested in astrology!!
Buy him a telescope for chanuka and a book about stars!
(Unless you live in n.y city ! In that case you probably won't see a single star!!! LOL LOL )

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 4:45 pm
If he's good with his hands, bookbinding is a great thing for him to learn (and practice on your own books) and then he can even start making a little pocket money from it as he gets proficient...

aliavi

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 5:04 pm
If you do computers coding is a good skill. Exercising indoors at a JCC or YMCA is great for Mesivta age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children