Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fever and pain in arm?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 10:36 am
My 3-yr old has fever and now she's complaining that her arm hurts. Should I be going to the doctor?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 10:38 am
I would go to the doctor. Fever can be a sign of infection when there is pain along with it.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 10:39 am
Yes, definitely have it checked out.

chasdie Hashem

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:45 pm
Yes ,can b sign of strept:(

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 9:48 pm
Or lyme disease

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:32 pm
I took her to the doctor today and he said it just looks like a virus.

However, she hasn't eaten ANYTHING in the past 24 hours. And in the two days before that she just ate a nibble here and there.

She has been drinking and he said it's enough, as long as she isn't dehydrated then I don't need to worry.

But I don't think it makes sense not to eat a thing! is this normal??

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I took her to the doctor today and he said it just looks like a virus.

However, she hasn't eaten ANYTHING in the past 24 hours. And in the two days before that she just ate a nibble here and there.

She has been drinking and he said it's enough, as long as she isn't dehydrated then I don't need to worry.

But I don't think it makes sense not to eat a thing! is this normal??

Yes. G-d created humans with the ability to heal themselves. One of the wondrous ways we see this is that when a body is fighting an infection, appetite gets automatically suppressed in order not to divert energy from healing to digestion. Digesting food requires energy the body doesn't have right now. As long as she has sufficient liquids, with electrolytes, she will be fine. Offer food, but don't push it. You'll know she's starting to feel better when she wants to eat. Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:33 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Yes. G-d created humans with the ability to heal themselves. One of the wondrous ways we see this is that when a body is fighting an infection, appetite gets automatically suppressed in order not to divert energy from healing to digestion. Digesting food requires energy the body doesn't have right now. As long as she has sufficient liquids, with electrolytes, she will be fine. Offer food, but don't push it. You'll know she's starting to feel better when she wants to eat. Smile

Thanks for the reassurance. But, it's really normal to eat nothing, nothing, nothing, like not even one bite?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:42 pm
There's a saying, "feed a cold, starve a fever.” Supposedly will burn off faster if you fast. I guess her body naturally is feeling this way. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:47 pm
Does she eat when you give her acetaminophen or ibuprofen ?

naomi2

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:48 pm
If she keeps complaining about her arm or you feel that something is not right, go back to the dr and dont leave until he does tests and gives you a better answer

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:49 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Does she eat when you give her acetaminophen or ibuprofen ?

No.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:50 pm
naomi2 wrote:
If she keeps complaining about her arm or you feel that something is not right, go back to the dr and dont leave until he does tests and gives you a better answer

She isn't complaining about her arm anymore.

She did say a few times recently that her stomach hurts when she drinks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics