Home

Not vaxxing CAN BE a religious issue!
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:28 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Not relevant. Poem is about socialists, trade unionists, and Jews, not rapists, murderers and anti-vaxxers.

Very relevant. To take this thread back on track, this is actually the reason these Rabbonim have gotten involved, similar to why the Agudah gave out a statement after the repeal in NY against the law (too little too late, but nice try on their part)

Here's the rewritten version:
First they came for metzitza b'peh, and I did not speak out-
because I don't practice this minhag

Then they came for the anti-vaxxers, and I did not speak out-
because I'm not an anti-vaxxer (ch"v)

Then they came for the homeschoolers, and I did not speak out-
because I'm not a homeschooler (who would do a shidduch with me?)

Then they came for the yeshiva education...

And for shechita (already a reality in Europe)

And for ....
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:34 pm
Regardless, in NYS many people didn't care about the removal of the RE because not vaccinating is not related to religion, there's no religion that doesn't allow vaccinating bla bla. Many anti-vaxxers did claim that their beliefs are religion-based (with letters and psakim from their own rabbonim to prove it), but they weren't believed, in fact they were openly mocked in the state senate, which all that mockery and nastiness against religion is the basis for a pending lawsuit against the state NY. Now you've got a public statement from religious leaders proving that not vaccinating can be a religious issue. I hope NJ doesn't turn into the next tyranny state.
Back to top

amother




Emerald
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:45 pm
tilot37354 wrote:
First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—

Because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.


Are you comparing this to the anti-vax movement, because if you are it is really offensive.

I want them to remove the fake religious exemption because so many people hide behind it because they still believe it causes autism, which is a LIE.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:46 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Southernbubby someone told me that and since I don’t have proof and you do. I apologize.


You mean Best Bubby. We are 2 different bubbies.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:48 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Are you comparing this to the anti-vax movement, because if you are it is really offensive.

I want them to remove the fake religious exemption because so many people hide behind it because they still believe it causes autism, which is a LIE.

How is it really offensive?

How do you gauge the sincerity of one's religious belief as delineated in one's religious exemption?
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:21 pm
Per the Constitution, whatever an INDIVIDUAL believes is THEIR religious belief. Per the Constitution, an INDIVIDUAL does not need a Religious "authority" to
legitimize their religious belief.

As for it being a "lie" that vaccines cause autism, there are medical doctors and
phd scientists who disagree. There are independent scientific studies showing otherwise.

The fact that the government refuses to do a Vax vs UnVax study comparing
the autism rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated should tell you something.
And it's not just autism associated with vaccines. also allergies, asthma, adhd, epilepsy, speech delays, etc.
Back to top

amother




Wheat
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:23 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Are you comparing this to the anti-vax movement, because if you are it is really offensive.

I want them to remove the fake religious exemption because so many people hide behind it because they still believe it causes autism, which is a LIE.


Whether your statement is accurate or not is irrelevant.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

Picking and choosing which aspects of one's religion are acceptable is a dangerous slope.

How do you decide what is a legitimate religion and what is not?

Don't let your emotions over the vaccination issue cause you to lose your rational cognitive abilities.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:27 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Southernbubby someone told me that and since I don’t have proof and you do. I apologize.


Thank you. And I am going to edit my post and tone it down. Shavua Tov.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:44 pm
BH5745 wrote:
Good point. Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to prove that the main reason vaccine companies want vaccines to be universally mandatory is to avoid having a healthy, non-vaccinated control group. But, it's a legitimate reason which should be entertained.

If the government can tell you what to put into your body, that sets the precedent that they can tell you what to do with your body. Getting people used to the idea of fewer individual liberties for "the good of the group" is a continuation of the current American slip into bolshevik inspired tyranny. It's amazing how so many people people love bolshevism -so long as it's their opinion that's being enforced.


Since there was a 98% VOLUNTARY compliance rate, and there has been a
growing outcry for a Vax vs UnVax study.....what do you think?
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You. Are. Nuts.

Period.


Sorry for being blunt. Go somewhere else for TLC.

(For the record, I'm not anti vaccinations, but to equate them with rapists and murderers is sickening and not a mentally stable sentiment.)

1. Anti-vaxxers cause children to die, much like murderers.
2. I did not equate them, I listed them as different types of criminals.
3. Statements cannot be described as having or lacking the quality of mental stability.
4. You're not being blunt, you're posting a weak personal attack.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:50 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Per the Constitution, whatever an INDIVIDUAL believes is THEIR religious belief. Per the Constitution, an INDIVIDUAL does not need a Religious "authority" to
legitimize their religious belief.

As for it being a "lie" that vaccines cause autism, there are medical doctors and
phd scientists who disagree. There are independent scientific studies showing otherwise.

The fact that the government refuses to do a Vax vs UnVax study comparing
the autism rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated should tell you something.
And it's not just autism associated with vaccines. also allergies, asthma, adhd, epilepsy, speech delays, etc.


There again, if the person who has the MD or PhD benefits financially by taking a certain stance, that also muddies the water. Because of social media, the discussion has become extremely polarized. I don't remember it being that bad when I was raising kids. I never knew who vaccinated and who didn't and it was rarely the topic of discussion.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:02 pm
southernbubby wrote:
There again, if the person who has the MD or PhD benefits financially by taking a certain stance, that also muddies the water. Because of social media, the discussion has become extremely polarized. I don't remember it being that bad when I was raising kids. I never knew who vaccinated and who didn't and it was rarely the topic of discussion.


You also gave maybe a handful of shots to your kids, maximum. Less than a current kid receives by the age of 2.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:12 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
1. Anti-vaxxers cause children to die, much like murderers.
2. I did not equate them, I listed them as different types of criminals.
3. Statements cannot be described as having or lacking the quality of mental stability.
4. You're not being blunt, you're posting a weak personal attack.


Vaccines kill and permanently injure, too. Government Vaccine Court admits this.

Nobody died in US from measles.

Cars kill a million times more children than measles - should we abolish cars?
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:14 pm
Does it bother you about the El Al flight attendant who died this past year from complications of the measles?
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:17 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Does it bother you about the El Al flight attendant who died this past year from complications of the measles?


Yes. Does it bother you that thousands of children have been injured and killed by vaccines?

And you don't know the flight attendant caught it from unvaxxed. Vaccinations fail in some people and wear off eventually. Unlike natural immunity which lasts a
lifetime and protects babies.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:23 pm
Well, I don't believe the statistics you wrote about thousands of children being maimed or killed by vaccines. I have never seen that reported by any reputable news organization. And you don't need to bother digging up links from obscure sites to prove anything. If this were actually the case it would've been front page headlines in all the major news sites/channels especially at the height of the hysteria. When it's the front headlines of the NYT or CNN as actual quantifiable reports by mainstream scientists or doctors I'll believe it.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:25 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Well, I don't believe the statistics you wrote about thousands of children being maimed or killed by vaccines. I have never seen that reported by any reputable news organization. And you don't need to bother digging up links from obscure sites to prove anything. If this were actually the case it would've been front page headlines in all the major news sites/channels especially at the height of the hysteria. When it's the front headlines of the NYT or CNN as actual quantifiable reports by mainstream scientists or doctors I'll believe it.


What's more deadly: Cars or Measles?

Or do your children ride in cars? ride a bide? go swimming?

Maybe that should be outlawed as those activities are far more deadly than
measles.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:26 pm
Nice deflection LOL
When all else fails, change the subject.
Back to top

amother




Yellow
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:45 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Well, I don't believe the statistics you wrote about thousands of children being maimed or killed by vaccines. I have never seen that reported by any reputable news organization. And you don't need to bother digging up links from obscure sites to prove anything. If this were actually the case it would've been front page headlines in all the major news sites/channels especially at the height of the hysteria. When it's the front headlines of the NYT or CNN as actual quantifiable reports by mainstream scientists or doctors I'll believe it.


NYT and CNN report controversial things only when they decide to, for whatever reason.
Not necessarily running after the truth.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Dec 07 2019, 11:45 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Nice deflection LOL
When all else fails, change the subject.


No - pointing out the measles hysteria is manufactured by government
and fake news brainwashing.

Nobody is scared to put their child in a car which is far more deadly than measles. Even LIGHTENING kills more than measles in USA - 50 per year compared to ZERO for measles.

Here is how people used to laugh at measles in 1960s before government
manufactured hysteria:

Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 15 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Quit being so religious! 2 Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:14 pm View last post
Help me how to deal with this issue?
by amother
2 Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:57 am View last post
HELP! Religious organization and unemployment benefits
by amother
5 Mon, Dec 30 2019, 8:44 pm View last post
Book (gift) recommendation for religious non-Jew?
by amother
11 Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:09 pm View last post
Dealing with non-religious men and shomer negia
by amother
27 Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:21 am View last post

Jump to: