Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Not vaxxing CAN BE a religious issue!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 13  14  15  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:06 am
#BestBubby wrote:
There is a mitzvah of "ushmartem es nafshechem me'od".

If your child had a bad vaccine reaction you may feel it is dangerous to give your child another vaccine. Or to give your other children vaccines.

This is part of guarding one's health.

Medicine cannot be "one size fits all" like the government is coercing.

Thank you for addressing my question. I would argue that whether or not the government allows it or not, this is a medical exemption, not a religious one.

small bean

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:07 am
What constitutes a vaccine reaction?

I once had a guess at a shabbos meal and he said that his niece had a reaction. She was very distant to her father after the shot for a month or so. That is not a medical reaction.

My daughter 12 had recently very bad headaches, which my doctor did say was a reaction but it went away after a bit. Again that's not a medical reaction for a vaccine exemption and it should not be.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:09 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
A handful of BMG rabbis is not the authoritative opinion on whether this actually the Torah viewpoint. There is no psak from a universally accepted gadol hador.

For the umpteenth time - the law does not require any religious authority to
endorse one' religious belief.

If a parent declares that is their sincere religious belief, they are exempt.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:11 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
What does it have to do with being frum??

The mitzvah to guard health includes foregoing medications and treatments that could harm that person.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:11 am
small bean wrote:

I once had a guess at a shabbos meal and he said that his niece had a reaction. She was very distant to her father after the shot for a month or so. That is not a medical reaction.

My daughter 12 had recently very bad headaches, which my doctor did say was a reaction but it went away after a bit. Again that's not a medical reaction for a vaccine exemption and it should not be.

Children have had high fevers and seizures following vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:13 am
small bean wrote:

Medical reaction is the basis behind the religious. Meaning, my religion doesn't allow me to do something definitely harmful to my child for the sake of possible prevention from disease which might possibly harm my child.
People have kids who suffered way worse than bad headaches from vaccines and still can't get medical exemptions.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:15 am
Reputable studies showing this has happened in the thousands, as you claimed? Not from some weird site that nobody wants to click on because it might have a computer virus!!

small bean

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:16 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Children have had high fevers and seizures following vaccines.

What is the problem with high fevers? How is that a reason to get a medical exemption.

Also of the people who dont vax, how many of them had kids who developed a seizure condition for life?

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:17 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Thank you for addressing my question. I would argue that whether or not the government allows it or not, this is a medical exemption, not a religious one.

It's both.

The Torah COMMANDS us to guard our health.

small bean

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Medical reaction is the basis behind the religious. Meaning, my religion doesn't allow me to do something definitely harmful to my child for the sake of possible prevention from disease which might possibly harm my child.
People have kids who suffered way worse than bad headaches from vaccines and still can't get medical exemptions.

It's not definitely harmful.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:20 am
small bean wrote:

For that person it obviously is.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:20 am
small bean wrote:

Our son's doctors refused to further vaccinate him for anything due to seizures from a flu shot. This went on for the remainder of his childhood. He got the MMR during the outbreak to protect his baby.
Nobody questioned the exemption because the seizures were treated in the ER so there were witnesses to the reaction.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:22 am
small bean wrote:

So Vax YOUR kids.

Don't decide what's harmful for SOME ELSE'S kids!

This used to be a Free Country.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:23 am
southernbubby wrote:
Our son's doctors refused to further vaccinate him for anything due to seizures from a flu shot. This went on for the remainder of his childhood. He got the MMR during the outbreak to protect his baby.
Nobody questioned the exemption because the seizures were treated in the ER so there were witnesses to the reaction.

Plenty of children have had seizures following vaccination and the doctors
claim it is a "coincidence" and insist on continuing to vaccinate.

You are lucky your doctor is not a vaccine-injury-denier.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:25 am
Sure, a free country unless your choices adversely affect others. Like "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" wasn't it Oliver Wendell Holmes who said that, about freedom of speech? So there are limitations, according to the Supreme Court.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:26 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Plenty of children have had seizures following vaccination and the doctors
claim it is a "coincidence" and insist on continuing to vaccinate.

You are lucky your doctor is not a vaccine-injury-denier.

That doctor is also not from NY/NJ.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:28 am
Sure, a free country unless your choices adversely affect others. Like "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" wasn't it Oliver Wendell Holmes who said that, about freedom of speech? So there are limitations.

An unvaccinated child is not like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

We have had exemptions for 50+ years without anyone caring, until the government and news media whipped up a hysteria which never existed until recently.

Again, riding in a car is a million times more risky than measles - and nobody
is concerned - because you have not been BRAINWASHED to fear cars like
you have been brainwashed to fear measles.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:30 am
No, because the number of unvaccinated children was miniscule until the last 15 years or less. So it was only a matter of time until the epidemics started.
And btw, I'm not holding my breath waiting for you to prove your claims about supposedly thousands of children being maimed and killed by vaccine s. You keep ignoring that salient point.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:30 am
Sure, a free country unless your choices adversely affect others. Like "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" wasn't it Oliver Wendell Holmes who said that, about freedom of speech? So there are limitations, according to the Supreme Court.

When you force everyone to fax a certain percentage of kids will
be permanently injured or die. That's a fact.

I guess their lives don't matter.
Just the mythical ZERO kids per year who DON'T Die from Measles in US matter.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

small bean

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For that person it obviously is.

First of all every vaccine is a new story. As well as every age. So unless the person knows what caused the reaction, there is no definite.

Second of all, if it was about protecting people with real reactions this wouldn't be an issue. It is the fact that people don't vaccinate without any medical reason not to. Then it becomes an issue. The movement to not vaccinate based on a handful of people, led to the regulation that is going to happen.

When you say that the reaction was distance from a parent and therefore you dont vaccinate any of your kids, than I'm sorry, you're hurting it for all the rest. Or if you dont vaccinate cuz someone else had an issue you are hurting it for that person.
Page 4 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics