Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Naki Radio
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:10 pm
So interesting I was considering getting this also but I already spent too much on Hanukkah gifts. My oldest is also only 6; she’s the only kid who would really understand the stories . So maybe next year IYH .
I wish there was a little more info available . Maybe I would want it for myself !

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 11:29 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
So interesting I was considering getting this also but I already spent too much on Hanukkah gifts. My oldest is also only 6; she’s the only kid who would really understand the stories . So maybe next year IYH .
I wish there was a little more info available . Maybe I would want it for myself !
I got it for my son- but it’s really not for his age. DH and I are enjoying it so much though! It’s on all day!

dorothy1

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 11:42 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I got it for my son- but it’s really not for his age. DH and I are enjoying it so much though! It’s on all day!

I have A LOT of CDs and I listen all day. My husband doesn’t like music (!!!!). I would want to get it solely for the kids programming , and I’m sure enjoy other features as well . But I’m just picturing my 2 year old pushing the buttons constantly and my 6 year old crying bc of it and my baby shouting the whole time so you can’t hear anyway. Smile

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 11:55 pm
@coffeegirl

A new update will be available soon advertised as the NakiRadio Library - includes over 160 stories that can play on demand with ability to pause and restart

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 12:27 am
Does anyone know who to contact about adding a new channel? (We produce content that we feel would be of interest)

atara4

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:07 am
My office is giving them as Chanuka gifts to our office! I can't wait! I'm done with buying CDs Banging head and getting scratched, lost or broken...
A few of my friends have the naki and they rave about it...

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:28 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
@coffeegirl

A new update will be available soon advertised as the NakiRadio Library - includes over 160 stories that can play on demand with ability to pause and restart

Will this automatically become available to all those who've already purchased a Naki Radio, or is this a reason to wait to get one so that we'll have the one that includes this library?

And if anyone has anything to say about the new more expensive model with the extra speaker vs. the cheaper original model, I'd still love to hear it.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:35 am
Is it so different from Spotify?

watergirl

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:35 am
It's on amazon also. I plan to order this as soon as I have an extra $100 (so probably never but maybe one day!). My whole family would love something like this.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:50 am
doctorima wrote:
Will this automatically become available to all those who've already purchased a Naki Radio, or is this a reason to wait to get one so that we'll have the one that includes this library?

And if anyone has anything to say about the new more expensive model with the extra speaker vs. the cheaper original model, I'd still love to hear it.

Updates become automatically available to everyone

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:06 am
We love it! Especially great for these long winter afternoons when kids are stuck inside after school. The programming is great but I cant wait for the library to be released

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:08 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Does anyone know who to contact about adding a new channel? (We produce content that we feel would be of interest)

There is an email address on the website I emailed with a question and got a response within minutes even though it was late at night. That would probably be a good place to start

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
There is an email address on the website I emailed with a question and got a response within minutes even though it was late at night. That would probably be a good place to start

Yeah, I saw the email address, got a little thrown off by the fact that it's "orders@"

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 2:43 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Is it so different from Spotify?

Yes. There are no ads. Also I don’t play Spotify in front of my children unless it’s a playlist that I created. I never know what will start playing.... also spotify is vey repetitive - this isn’t.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 2:58 pm
So what is it exactly? Is it songs and stories downloaded from many cds? Is it a combination of Jewish radio programs from around the world? Can you choose which song or singer? Where is everything (stories, songs, shiurim) coming from?

LeahRivka

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 3:58 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
So what is it exactly? Is it songs and stories downloaded from many cds? Is it a combination of Jewish radio programs from around the world? Can you choose which song or singer? Where is everything (stories, songs, shiurim) coming from?

https://nakiradio.com/

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 4:06 pm
You can’t choose which songs or singer. It’s preselected radio channels.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 4:09 pm
LeahRivka wrote:
https://nakiradio.com/

I still don’t get if it’s live radio shows or prerecorded?

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 6:38 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I still don’t get if it’s live radio shows or prerecorded?

Live - it’s like the regular radio but there are only certain “kosher” channels....

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 6:45 pm
cnc wrote:
Live - it’s like the regular radio but there are only certain “kosher” channels....

Hmm.., but I have a Jewish radio station here. My children are listening to the Chanuka story now. I guess it’s meant for people who don’t have a Jewish radio station in their area.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics