Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Paint crib

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:38 am
My crib is fully bitten up. Any recommendations how to get it to look like new? Otherwise it looks gorgeous! A pity...
Ive heard of spray painting...? Anyone used actual paint for such?

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 4:05 am
I had a person patch up my crib and paint it. I couldn’t just spray over it, since the bite marks need to be fixed. If you want the number let me know.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:07 am
I once looked into it, and I never completed my project. I was scared about regular paint-if kids would bite etc and I bought special water based paint that's made safe for kids. I wanted to sand down the crib to take away the bite marks etc and prepare the wood for painting. Realistically I didn't have the energy etc when pregnant and ended up just buying a new cheap one. It's a really time-consuming project.
You can just paint it, but that won't remove the bite marks-you have to smooth the wood first.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:17 am
Please dont spray paint! If you will paint it over make sure its non toxic!

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:36 pm
It would have to be child-safe paint. Better to sand the wood smooth and rub in a homemade blend of half-and-half beeswax and olive oil, (melt together in microwave till wax is almost liquefied, stir and let cool) or more beeswax for a harder finish. Apply while still warm, if you lime. Rub in with a soft cloth. Reapply as needed. Or just the olive oil, several coats with time between to soak into the wood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics