Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby rubbing on me

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:49 am
My 18 moth old daughter has a mishigos to rub herself against my foot. It looks as if she is stimulating her clit0ris. It's very embarrassing when she decides to do it in public. Why is she doing this and what can I do to stop her? She becomes so upset when I take her away.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:04 pm
Check her for pinworms.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:22 pm
Checked for that already. It's not pinworms

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:44 pm
Is she a very emotionally intense child? Does she have a blanket or paci to soothe herself with?
This is what I would tell you to do. Gently pick her up and try to distract her with something exciting every time she engages in this behavior. Try singing a song she likes, reading a book to her, looking by the window or doing any activity she likes. She is very likely doing it to soothe herself, so if you make her feel good in another way she'll stop the behavior and hopefully forget about it. It's extremely important that you not show any negative emotion and to just calmly interrupt her. I also used to have this " Meshigas" from a pretty young age and I remember my father being so mad at me and I had no idea what I did wrong, it just felt good. It was definitely a comfort thing for me and the more my parents discouraged this behavior, the more I craved it. I seriously thought something is wrong with me and my body. As a result of my parents trying to "eradicate this crazy behavior" I have a problem to this day allowing myself to relax in the bedroom. I seriously went through hell while being intimate and I needed serious therapy to figure out why I was feeling this way. With my therapists help we traced it back to my parents horrified reaction and punishments when they caught me. It literally made me feel sinful to experience pleasure.

My reaction to your post might be extreme but I was really triggered when you called it a "meshigas" because this is exactly what my parents called it and they ruined me for years. So please watch out and forgive me for being so emotional about it!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:24 pm
Wow! I feel so bad for you. Thanks for opening my mind to this. Good that I asked while she is still young and not when things are ruined already. Thanks for your advice on it and I totally understand your strong emotions. I usually let her do it while she is alone with me. Would you say I should try to stop her then too or should I let her do it to soothe herself?

banana123

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! I feel so bad for you. Thanks for opening my mind to this. Good that I asked while she is still young and not when things are ruined already. Thanks for your advice on it and I totally understand your strong emotions. I usually let her do it while she is alone with me. Would you say I should try to stop her then too or should I let her do it to soothe herself?

Can you find her a stuffy? Offer a pacifier/ nurse instead?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:27 pm
My son has pleasured himself there by rubbing on us or blankets or teddy bears since he's an infant. It's completely normal. Now that he's old enough to understand, we tell him this is something private be can do in his bed by himself, but not anywhere else. Don't make it into a big deal. It will just make her more conscious about it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 18 moth old daughter has a mishigos to rub herself against my foot. It looks as if she is stimulating her clit0ris. It's very embarrassing when she decides to do it in public. Why is she doing this and what can I do to stop her? She becomes so upset when I take her away.
OP, it is a completely normal thing. And a small child is not doing anything se4ual. To her, it just feels good.
Please dont call it a mishegos.
My daughter started doing that at a young age. I had seem it in one of my steady babysitting charges, so I knew what was going on. It is not a bad thing. It is ok. As she got older I made sure to teach her to only do this in her bedroom, with nobody else there. This child is 9 now. Still does it, but only in her room.
Dont take away a soothing mechanism for a child. There is literally nothing wrong with what she is doing.
Just make sure as she gets older, as soon as she really understands things, to explain to her that this can only be done in private.
Dont make her feel bad about this.

Rappel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:40 pm
If you've already checked her for pinworms, then you've also checked her for a yeast infections/UTI, right?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:49 pm
My baby did this from the time she could hold herself up. As she got older we told her that ‘rubbing’ was private and she could do what she wanted in her bedroom. Now she is a mature, beautiful, smart and socially appropriate adult and as soon as she understood ‘private’ we never saw it again. It’s how the human race continues. We are all born with the instinct. Don’t be upset because the baby has no idea what it’s about other than it feels good.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:03 am
It may be due to itching of some kind even if it's not pinworms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics