Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Behavior change overnight
1  2  Next

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 6:57 am
My dd is 3 years. She was the easiest kid I’ve seen. She would eat nicely play alone in the morning, loved her baby sister. She never hurt her from the day my baby was born! Clean up the toys when I asked her to. She loved being on the street sitting nicely in the carriage etc..
Now lately shes been impossible!! Im not handling her Crying she’s refusing to eat healthy just nosh. She stated terrorizing my baby. I cant leave them unattended. I went out with her on the street yesterday and she was standing in the carriage. When I told her to do stuff like close the door of a store cuz it was freezing she didn’t listen to me. I really dont know what happened to my angel?? How do I handle her? Do I yell at her? (I almost never yelled at her cuz there was no need) I need help ASAP!

anonymrs

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:24 am
Have you ruled out medical causes? Strep, pinworms maybe?

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:30 am
You think its a health issue? No I didn’t check her out
She’s extremely expressive. She would tell me if something hurts her

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:49 am
Either an ear infection/strep or she needs quality time with you.

I find when my easy kid gets difficult she is either lacking the nutrition that she needs, overtired or just need my attention all to herself and then is completely a changed kid.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:51 am
Please check her for PANDAS

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:53 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Please check her for PANDAS

Now ur scaring me!! Do I go to my regular dr to check?

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:55 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
Either an ear infection/strep or she needs quality time with you.

I find when my easy kid gets difficult she is either lacking the nutrition that she needs, overtired or just need my attention all to herself and then is completely a changed kid.

I have strep and she was bz thats shes also sick but I thought she’s just copying me because im bz taking meds... ill go to dr today

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:55 am
subby wrote:
Now ur scaring me!! Do I go to my regular dr to check?

Nothing to be scared of, just something you would want to rule out. A blood test should be able to give you the results, make sure your doctor is familiar with Pandas.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:00 am
I dont think your daughter has pandas. She either has strep that she caught from you or shes just under the weather . Maybe she just wants extra time with you and more attention . People are always busy blaming pandas for their children's odd behavior . I wouldnt worry about that now. To me she sounds like a regular over tired 3 year old .

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:02 am
If she has strep wouldn’t she complain her throat hurts??

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:03 am
How do I give her more attention?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:04 am
I don't mean to scare you either, but if your daughter goes to a school or babysitter, make sure there is nothing abusive or otherwise harmful going on there.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:05 am
subby wrote:
If she has strep wouldn’t she complain her throat hurts??

Not always. I have a kid that is very expressive extremely well behaved that suddenly goes bonkers. Every single time I take this child to the dr when they suddenly go bonkers it's usually strep . My child is much older than yours and expressive but for some reason they dont always have a sore throat when they get strep. A few days on antibiotics and this child is as good as new Very Happy

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I dont think your daughter has pandas. She either has strep that she caught from you or shes just under the weather . Maybe she just wants extra time with you and more attention . People are always busy blaming pandas for their children's odd behavior . I wouldnt worry about that now. To me she sounds like a regular over tired 3 year old .

Do you know what Pandas is? Didn't seem so from your post. Many kids have strep goes on unoticed, which can then go into the blood that is pandas.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:07 am
subby wrote:
How do I give her more attention?

Sit and play with her. You can always read books to her. Just have her on your lap and play games .. etc.. btw my kids are also cuckoo when they eat a lot of junk food. Try making her foods that she loves to eat that isnt junk food . If she loves meatballs make that for her . Fill her up with foods that she likes that isnt full of junk . One of my kids also gets into this cuckoo cycle when they get addicted to junk food. They're hungry so they ask for junk food and refuse to eat normal food but I dont give in . (This usually happens after Purim or simchas torah when they're busy eating junk food in shul or when they're by my parents for a day and all they eat is junk food )

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:10 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Do you know what Pandas is? Didn't seem so from your post. Many kids have strep goes on unoticed, which can then go into the blood that is pandas.

Of course I know what pandas is! But I'm just saying that people are always blaming their kids behavior on pandas. It's not always pandas that's all . Sometimes the kid can just be under the weather from a virus or maybe the kid is learning to make trouble in school etc
. Usually kids act out when they're either under the weather , exhausted or not eating properly. Not everything is because of pandas . Just because her kid may have strep doesnt mean it's necessarily pandas it could be that she has strep /under the weather so shes acting out .

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:10 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I don't mean to scare you either, but if your daughter goes to a school or babysitter, make sure there is nothing abusive or otherwise harmful going on there.

Ok so how do I find out about that?? She does go to school. She told me a girl told her shes a baby but thats normal kids language. I told her its not true. And she should go away from that kid if she tells it to her again.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:14 am
Take her to the dr today . Tell the dr that your daughter is acting out and isnt herself and that she said she isnt feel well (even though you think she only said it because you were sick ) but you dont know if there is something going on .

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:15 am
How old is her baby sister?

My son is 2.5 (going on 3), and my daughter is 17 months. About 3-4 months ago, he suddenly hit his terrible twos. I realized that it was because my daughter got really, really cute at around that time, and he got jealous of all the attention she was getting.

Is that a possibility in this case? A precocious child who is suddenly getting less attention that she was used to previously will often act out.

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:15 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Take her to the dr today . Tell the dr that your daughter is acting out and isnt herself and that she said she isnt feel well (even though you think she only said it because you were sick ) but you dont know if there is something going on .

I’ll definitely to that today when she comes home!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers