Home

Could Samoa happen in contiguous America?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Azure
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:12 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
What about the thousands of antivaxers who got their kids measles and didnt use any health care whatsoever? How did they do it?


Where? Thousands of families did not have children with measles now. Also, there were very many hospitalizations, including those in the ICU as a result if the outbreak. A woman is blind, an elementary age school deaf, a 10 month old baby brain damaged, etc. That's just some of what I know there are probably more complications but BH not as many as in Samoa.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:24 am
The outbreak in the frum community probably didn't involve children who were suffering from malnutrition, but I am stereotyping. I consider most frum people here to have access to health care.
Samoa has rural areas and primitive faith healers and maybe didn't get the kids to the hospital in time to save them.
We know the death rate in Samoa but not the number of permanently disabled.
Back to top

amother




Salmon
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:34 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Where? Thousands of families did not have children with measles now. Also, there were very many hospitalizations, including those in the ICU as a result if the outbreak. A woman is blind, an elementary age school deaf, a 10 month old baby brain damaged, etc. That's just some of what I know there are probably more complications but BH not as many as in Samoa.


Ha. Thousands of families DID have measles in the past year. With each family having a couple of children catching it, it easily adds up to several thousand. Most cases were not reported so the numbers are skewed.
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:40 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Vaccines were not created to "change" the immune system, just to teach it to tag the disease without having to get sick.

But really, it doesn't matter if wifi and the other examples sky gave were created to change the immune system or not. Electricity wasn't created to affect health yet it does. It wasn't created to change the amount of melatonin in people's bodies yet it does. It sure was created to allow people to stay up after dark, but no one thought that would have a negative effect on health.

Pesticides weren't created to negatively affect people's health but they do anyways. Plastic wasn't created to have an effect on people's health but it does. IVF wasn't created to allow people to push of childbearing until their late 30s and early 40s but it does anyways. Birth control wasn't created to cause UTIs or cancer and IUDs weren't created to puncture the uterus, but they still do all those things.

It is downright stupid to say "this wasn't created for that purpose therefore it's not important to the discussion."

"Teach it to tag" are nicer words for "tricking the immune system"
You missed the point. All these examples are actually extremely important to discuss. Lets just highlight vaccines because they were created to alter the immune system and probably have the biggest chance of creating immune disorders
At least lets consider that it might be vaccines
Back to top

amother




Sapphire
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:47 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
"Teach it to tag" are nicer words for "tricking the immune system"
You missed the point. All these examples are actually extremely important to discuss. Lets just highlight vaccines because they were created to alter the immune system and probably have the biggest chance of creating immune disorders
At least lets consider that it might be vaccines

Your body learns to tag on its own. It's just that by the time it learns to tag, it's already too late, and will remember only for next time.

No - let's highlight everything else on the list because unlike vaccines, most of the other things on the list have not prevented billions of deaths worldwide. Everything else on the list alters biology just as much as you claim vaccines do, but they're not lifesaving in any sense of the word and we would all be healthier without them. So let's first focus on the risks that provide no health benefits - and then, if we still haven't solved the problem, we can talk about the one risk factor that DOES provide health benefits.
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:21 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Ha. Thousands of families DID have measles in the past year. With each family having a couple of children catching it, it easily adds up to several thousand. Most cases were not reported so the numbers are skewed.


Thousands of families did not. Hundreds not thousands. Many cases were reported after the fact. I know someone who did not report the cases, but her neighbors did. She refused to speak to the health department, but she eventually needed to prove immunity to send her children back to school. She had 13 children with measles. Do you really believe there were 10,000 cases now? Not really...
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:26 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
"Teach it to tag" are nicer words for "tricking the immune system"
You missed the point. All these examples are actually extremely important to discuss. Lets just highlight vaccines because they were created to alter the immune system and probably have the biggest chance of creating immune disorders
At least lets consider that it might be vaccines


Vaccines don't alter an immune system or overwhelm it. There is a medical term for an overwhelmed immune system - it is called a cytokine storm or septic shock and it is life threatening chv. Bodies are constantly developing immunity to different things, regardless of vaccination. It is just easier to blame something that the majority of the population has no intellectual or academic ability to study and understand etc.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Mrs. America
by amother
14 Wed, May 27 2020, 2:31 pm View last post
What will happen to the other viruses?
by amother
9 Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:21 pm View last post
Night Seder America on ZOOM
by cbg
12 Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:38 pm View last post
Asymptomatic how often does this really happen
by sima
20 Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:41 am View last post
How will pesach happen?
by amother
4 Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:55 pm View last post

Jump to: