Home

Lump on knee. Semi-update
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:23 pm
My daughter found this big soft lump on the front part of her knee. She doesn't remember hurting herself. It's very soft and plumpy but quite big. I'm panicking like crazy.
Back to top

groisamomma




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:25 pm
Check for strep. That's one of the first places it travels to when it's been neglected.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:27 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Check for strep. That's one of the first places it travels to when it's been neglected.

I was planning on going to the Dr first thing tom morning. But untill then I'm too scared. I literally can't sleep.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter found this big soft lump on the front part of her knee. She doesn't remember hurting herself. It's very soft and plumpy but quite big. I'm panicking like crazy.


Google bursitis. Does that fit the bill?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:30 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Google bursitis. Does that fit the bill?

According to the pictures yes, but it doesn't hurt her whatsoever, and she doesn't remember hurting herself either. According to Google bursitis comes with some kind of pain
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:31 pm
As a kid, I got these palpable soft bumps on and off for years. They were usually on my wrist (another joint, similar to knee), and my mother took me to all sorts of doctors. Ended up being cysts. They didn’t require any treatment.

Editing to add: they did not hurt.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the pictures yes, but it doesn't hurt her whatsoever, and she doesn't remember hurting herself either. According to Google bursitis comes with some kind of pain


Bursitis is often not painful. People only realize they have it because of the soft large bump.

But it's also possible that it's strep, as the other poster suggested. You should check it out just to make sure.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:33 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Bursitis is often not painful. People only realize they have it because of the soft large bump.

But it's also possible that it's strep, as the other poster suggested. You should check it out just to make sure.

I'm going to the Dr first thing tom morning. Lumps scare the h-- out of me.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm going to the Dr first thing tom morning. Lumps scare the h-- out of me.


That's good - but rest easy tonight. From what you describe, it sounds like a benign condition.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:37 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
That's good - but rest easy tonight. From what you describe, it sounds like a benign condition.


Agree. And usually the scary type of lumps come along with other symptoms. Usually.
Back to top

my mama




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:38 pm
Check if it's a ganglion cyst...

https://www.google.com/search?....._LglU
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:46 pm
my mama wrote:
Check if it's a ganglion cyst...

https://www.google.com/search?....._LglU

I dunno. I googled it. My sil had that on her wrist but she was in alot of pain.
Funny how she takes a shower almost every day and didn't notice it untill today. She took one last night and she didn't notice it.
Back to top

amother




Brunette
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dunno. I googled it. My sil had that on her wrist but she was in alot of pain.
Funny how she takes a shower almost every day and didn't notice it untill today. She took one last night and she didn't notice it.


The fact that she didn’t notice it until now and it’s not tiny sounds more like a benign condition such as a cyst (such as a cyst that fills up fast with water)
that can appear suddenly. As far as I know the nasty type doesn’t just appear.
Back to top

amother




Bisque
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 10:20 pm
How about a lipoma? I was diagnosed with one on my thigh at age 38 which isn't exactly the "middle age" they say they are normally detected at. (My sister at age 15 got a benign growth on her forehead which should only have affected very young children or very old people, I forget which) so don't negate it because she's young.
I've had it for over 10 years. Never hurt at all.
Back to top

amother




Bisque
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 10:23 pm
I also had a ganglion cyst on my wrist years ago and it did hurt. (I remember calling my dr. stbx bro-in-law over on R"H nite cuz I was so freaked.) The lipoma also freaked me out. Luckily I got an appt with a dr the next day so the worry wasn't prolonged.
Back to top

amother




cornflower
 

Post  Mon, Dec 09 2019, 10:31 pm
Not trying to scare u but just something to keep in mind when going to the doctors: can it be Lyme disease. Could she have gotten a tick bite...
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:09 am
If it's soft, not painful, not red around, and not warm to the touch, it's probably nothing to worry about.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:56 am
could be Lyme's ms son had that I thought it was strep but turned out to be Lyme's
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:14 am
My sons first symptoms of Lyme Disease was pain and swelling in his knee to the point it hurt him to walk. It then spread to the other knee and hips but at that point we were already in the hospital.
If it’s painful and red , you need to rule out a septic joint.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:27 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My sons first symptoms of Lyme Disease was pain and swelling in his knee to the point it hurt him to walk. It then spread to the other knee and hips but at that point we were already in the hospital.
If it’s painful and red , you need to rule out a septic joint.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.

No pain, not tender, not discolored, regular skin color, just big plumpy lump.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Monsey: best place to buy knee socks and tights for girls
by amother
2 Mon, Mar 09 2020, 7:32 am View last post
ISO knee length tutu for purim costume - cheap
by amother
1 Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:37 pm View last post
Iso orthopedist for knee/ Lakewood
by amother
10 Sun, Dec 22 2019, 12:48 pm View last post
Knee socks for school 7 Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:13 pm View last post
Knee socks
by amother
7 Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:13 am View last post

Jump to: