Home

3yo not sleeping for 1.5 weeks

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:52 am
I took them to the doctor twice. They said to give benadryl. I gave at 1 am and he seemed a bit sedated but otherwise acting himself and perky and definitely did not fall asleep I lay down next to him in bed for hours and he was just moving from side to side and talking to himself and if I try to leave he would follow me and wake up his siblings.

Any ideas. He sleeps 2 hours from 7-9 pm and 5-7 am
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:56 am
Is he getting enough activity during the day to wear him out?

Talk to your doctor about melatonin. Start on the lowest possible dose that is effective.

DD was just like this, and once I got her on melatonin she was a different kid. She was much happier during the day, and went to bed very nicely without a fight.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Is he getting enough activity during the day to wear him out?

Talk to your doctor about melatonin. Start on the lowest possible dose that is effective.

DD was just like this, and once I got her on melatonin she was a different kid. She was much happier during the day, and went to bed very nicely without a fight.

He has been on melatonin. He has a long medical history but was doing better. The melatonin stopped working a few months ago and he was sleeping without it. I gave double his usual dose and it did nothing

Lots activity.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He has been on melatonin. He has a long medical history but was doing better. The melatonin stopped working a few months ago and he was sleeping without it. I gave double his usual dose and it did nothing

Lots activity.


That should have been included in your first post.

Care to give more details?
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:23 am
Some top rated safety bed tents here: https://safesleepsystems.com/t.....kids/

It's a play fort during the day, and a secure sleeping space when you close all the zippers. If he's happy to sit in there with his stuffed animals, talking to himself, this might be the best solution.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:33 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Some top rated safety bed tents here: https://safesleepsystems.com/t.....kids/

It's a play fort during the day, and a secure sleeping space when you close all the zippers. If he's happy to sit in there with his stuffed animals, talking to himself, this might be the best solution.

He unzip from inside. And did dangerous things if left alone.

None of medical history relevant now and doctor says not related this is new
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:53 am
The safety ones should not be able to be unzipped from the inside. Maybe you need a different model that is designed better.

There's should be a way to secure the zipper on the outside in a place where he can't reach it. The only way he would get out would be if he ripped a big hole in the screen. Do you think he would do that?

This one is probably pretty expensive, but it also looks Houdini-proof.
https://www.abramsnation.com/t.....eper/
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Husband sleeping in sukka 22 Sun, Sep 13 2020, 6:57 pm View last post
Prayer article in last weeks mishpacha 4 Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:08 am View last post
How can I wake up my sleeping computer? 11 Tue, Sep 01 2020, 12:40 am View last post
Sz 9-12 months long sleeve sleeping bag update
by tweety1
4 Mon, Aug 31 2020, 10:38 am View last post
Maternity leave + vacation a few weeks later- is it ethical?
by amother
97 Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:52 am View last post
by art