Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Horse Hair Wigs for Satmar?
1  2  3  Next

marina

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:09 pm
Do satmar women wear horse hair wigs? Does anyone? Do those things even exist?

For an argument with a friend. Thanks

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:13 pm
No, they don't. Who makes wigs out of horse hair still? afaik, they are made of synthetic fibers and some of them look really human these days. And why satmar? so many others wear only synthetic wigs.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:15 pm
Maybe if they work as judges?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:19 pm
I've never heard of horse hair wigs.
Satmer women wear all types of wigs ranging from stunning custom wigs to synthetic and everything in between.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:22 pm
Huh? You mean synthetics that people joke about calling it horse hair or doll hair.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Huh? You mean synthetics that people joke around calling it horse hair or doll hair.
or steel wool. It’s none of the above. SOME women wear synthetic wigs . However the majority wear human hair wigs nowadays.

happyone

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:24 pm
horse hair did exist many years ago and was glued directly to the forehead. today there are finer , better produced options.

Lesia

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 1:22 pm
Not anymore.

Esheschayil18

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:01 pm
Satmar?

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:42 pm
When I got my first shaitel, it was sold as human hair. My shaitel macher told me that someone with the same shaitel had hers tested and it 100% horse hair. This was over 30 years ago, and I hve no idea if it was true or not-it definitely seemed human......

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:45 pm
Yup and they also have relations using hole in a sheet LOL LOL

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:49 pm
Haha 😆 LOL

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:50 pm
marina wrote:

They did about a hundred years ago...
Enjoy the flick, Marina

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:53 pm
I used to work in a hair company. They made brushes with real horsehair. I don't think they ever used it in wigs. They did use synthetic.

Btw I think most wigs have something (maybe animal hair) added despite it saying 100% human. It is not possible to use only human on so many thousands of wigs out there..you need at least 4 heads for one wig at a minimum. And hair has to be long enough. They write 100% virgin which means its not coming from Asia, Korea, India, China etc. and the color is untreated...Yeah, right -on all those blondes.

Just saying.

clowny

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:13 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Yup and they also have relations using hole in a sheet LOL LOL

Rolling Laughter

Thanx for the laugh.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:40 pm
Grandmother did in Europe

chanchy123

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 12:31 am
marina wrote:

My great great grandmother wore a horse hair wig (in Lita the US and Yerushalayim - she passed away in the fifties).

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:13 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

They did about a hundred years ago...
Enjoy the flick, Marina

Happens to be, the wigs look better than my $1700 wig... really holds a style well (just that it’s out of style to wear it like that now).

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 6:23 am
Never heard of horse hair wigs but I do know that people who wear shpitzlech, it's a front half wig with a tichel wrapped around, those half wigs are made of horse hair. But, not all fronts are horse hair, most are regular shaitels.
The reason why Satmar came up is because the rebbishe ladies wear the horse hair fronts. Some other rebbishe ladies wear them too but satmar is synonymous with shpitzlech.

I know because I myself am a graduate and one purim I dressed up as a shpitzel lady and borrowed from a classmate her mother's old horse hair front. That gives the shpitzel look.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 7:17 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Never heard of horse hair wigs but I do know that people who wear shpitzlech, it's a front half wig with a tichel wrapped around, those half wigs are made of horse hair. But, not all fronts are horse hair, most are regular shaitels.
The reason why Satmar came up is because the rebbishe ladies wear the horse hair fronts. Some other rebbishe ladies wear them too but satmar is synonymous with shpitzlech.

I know because I myself am a graduate and one purim I dressed up as a shpitzel lady and borrowed from a classmate her mother's old horse hair front. That gives the shpitzel look.

This. Not sure why everyone above found the question funny. Many many Satmar women wear shpitzels. It looks nothing like human hair (it's not meant to). I don't know what it's made out of, but it is definitely not human hair.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels