Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Active Shooter in Jersey City
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

chanchy123

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:16 am
Tzutzie wrote:
It might sound crazy, but the fact that they were targeted by muslims, gives me a strange small feeling of comfort. They died al kiddush hashem.
They were also a korban so the children could live.
I got this earlier

What is the source for this information?
I haven't heard any of this in the media.

dankbar

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:47 am
Bochur was a Chaya Lifeline volunteer.

My son was supposed to be in Jersey City yesterday & canceled last minute. Thank You Hashem that he was spared & wasn't there

myself

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:13 am
Why did it take the police until 3pm to enter the store if the shooting started around 1:30?

I knew right away it must have been targeted. If it was a Jewish store it wasn't random.

I'm so shaken. We've been facing so many unbelievable tragedies recently Crying Crying Crying

momX4

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:17 am
koalamum wrote:
So so sad!
At least the husband wasn’t in the store at the time. The children still have a father....what a nes!

I was thinking about this all night.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:19 am
myself wrote:
Why did it take the police until 3pm to enter the store if the shooting started around 1:30?

I knew right away it must have been targeted. If it was a Jewish store it wasn't random.

I'm so shaken. We've been facing so many unbelievable tragedies recently Crying Crying Crying

Did you watch or listen to any of the clips while the shooting was active? Don't. It was like a war zone. Boom boom boom, shots flying right and left. There seems to have been no clear shot to get through. One of the cops died trying to stop the bullets. He left 5 kids fatherless. Sad

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:24 am
ra_mom wrote:
Did you watch or listen to any of the clips while the shooting was active? Don't. It was like a war zone. Boom boom boom, shots flying right and left. There seems to have been no clear shot to get through. One of the cops died trying to stop the bullets. He left 5 kids fatherless. Sad

The cop that was shot in the head and killed was actually killed at cemetery a mile away .
But there was a massive shootout afterward in the street and in the store for a few hours.

koalamum

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:37 am
Tzutzie wrote:
It might sound crazy, but the fact that they were targeted by muslims, gives me a strange small feeling of comfort. They died al kiddush hashem.
They were also a korban so the children could live.
I got this earlier

Wow!
Where did you get this info?

honeymoon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:40 am
I can't view the picture tzutzie posted. can anyone share what it's about?

WhatFor

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:07 am
honeymoon wrote:
I can't view the picture tzutzie posted. can anyone share what it's about?

I would like to know the source of that before I share it. The Mayor of Jersey City has still not publicly revealed who the perps were as apparently that falls to the DA's office, and as they haven't yet released that information, I'm assuming there's an ongoing investigation. The picture is just text making claims about the perp with no source of the text.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:22 am
Actually, honeymoon, what Tzutzie posted is consistent so far with what just came out in this nyt article:

Quote:
Jersey City Shooting: Suspect Published Anti-Semitic and Anti-Police Posts, Official Says
Investigators in the firefight that left six people dead believe the attack was motivated by those sentiments, an official said.

By Michael Gold and Ali Watkins

RIGHT NOW
A suspect had published anti-Semitic and anti-police posts online and officials say camera footage indicates a kosher market was targeted.

A suspect involved in a prolonged firefight in Jersey City, N.J., that left six people dead, including one police officer, had published anti-Semitic and anti-police posts online and investigators believe the attack was motivated by those sentiments, a law enforcement official familiar with the case said on Wednesday.

The Jersey City mayor said surveillance footage indicated that the two shooters had targeted a kosher supermarket where most of the carnage unfolded.

On Twitter Wednesday, Mayor Steven Fulop wrote that an “extensive review” of the city’s closed-circuit cameras made it clear “that these two individuals targeted the kosher grocery location” where they opened fire and sparked a gun battle with police officers.

Mr. Fulop has not said whether the violence was related to anti-Semitism, though in a follow-up post on Twitter, he said that “hate and anti-Semitism have never had a place” in Jersey City.

The law enforcement official could not provide more details about the suspect’s online posts or where they had been published. He said that investigators were still reviewing that information.

So far, the authorities have not identified the shooters, who were killed in the firefight. None of the three victims inside the store have been publicly identified by officials. The Jersey City police officer who was killed was identified on Tuesday as Detective Joe Seals.

Detective Seals approached the two suspects, a man and a woman, who were inside a U-Haul van at a cemetery near the kosher market because the van had been linked to a homicide over the weekend, according to the law enforcement official. The official did not have any more details on the homicide.

Video surveillance footage shows the suspects shooting the detective and then driving away and ending up in front of the kosher market where they park and enter the store guns firing, the official said.

For much of at least the next hour, residents nearby — and blocks away — could hear rapid bursts of gunfire coming from the area around the market. Investigators later found a live pipe bomb inside the van, the official said.

Initially, investigators said they believed that market was a random choice by the shooters and that the episode was not a hate crime. The city’s director of public safety said at an afternoon news conference that there was “no indication” of terrorism.

By Tuesday night, however, Mr. Fulop, said on Twitter that officials now believed that the shooters had “targeted the location they attacked.”....

(I stopped copying there but then it went into previously released details)

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1......html

OOTforlife

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:10 am
The mayor strongly implied that the attackers were not Muslim: https://mobile.twitter.com/Ste.....88965

He said the AG's office would provide more info today.

Zehava

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:51 am
OOTforlife wrote:
The mayor strongly implied that the attackers were not Muslim: https://mobile.twitter.com/Ste.....88965

He said the AG's office would provide more info today.

They’re now saying that they were members of the black Hebrew Israelite movement

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:00 am
Zehava wrote:
They’re now saying that they were members of the black Hebrew Israelite movement

What is the black Hebrew Israelite movement ?

Sweet as Pie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:03 am
The name itself gives me chillz
What a sad day😢

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:03 am
Let's wait to find out
It doesn't help to try

Zehava

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:28 am
elisheva25 wrote:
What is the black Hebrew Israelite movement ?

A bunch of black crazies who claim that they are the real Jews and we’re imposters.

koalamum

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:44 am
I’m not a mathematician but: 6 were killed. 1 police, 2 frum yidden in the store, the 2 shooters. That equals 5.
Who was the 3rd civilian?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:46 am
koalamum wrote:
I’m not a mathematician but: 6 were killed. 1 police, 2 frum yidden in the store, the 2 shooters. That equals 5.

Pretty sure the third name hasn't been announced yet officially. The names of the two Yidden who were murdered were not officially released; they were released by the community, not the police.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:47 am
koalamum wrote:

a non jewish worker in the store.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:48 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Pretty sure the third name hasn't been announced yet officially. The names of the two Yidden who were murdered were not officially released; they were released by the community, not the police.

I heard their names on 1010 wins this morning.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics