Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Active Shooter in Jersey City
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

tothepoint

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:26 pm
Clowny, are you hearing from reliable sources? Just baffles me how social media can release unconfirmed info on victims

clowny

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:29 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Clowny, are you hearing from reliable sources? Just baffles me how social media can release unconfirmed info on victims

Deutch story- yes reliable.
Gold- halfway reliable.
And yes something is off bec at press conference they were saying that there’s 4 dead. And according to what I’m hearing now it’s 3 dead. (With officer )

So something is still not adding up.

provent

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:34 pm
clowny wrote:
Deutch story- yes reliable.
Gold- halfway reliable.
And yes something is off bec at press conference they were saying that there’s 4 dead. And according to what I’m hearing now it’s 3 dead. (With officer )

So something is still not adding up.

One cop
two suspects as well

clowny

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:36 pm
provent wrote:
One cop
two suspects as well

Right. So all along we heard. 2 suspects. 1 cop. And 3 Yidden. Now we’re hearing 2 yidden.

zohar

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:37 pm
The mayor of Jersey City just tweeted that they now believe that the shooters targeted the location they attacked... Crying

clowny

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:38 pm
zohar wrote:
The mayor of Jersey City just tweeted that they now believe that the shooters targeted the location they attacked... Crying

Terrible news.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:44 pm
Mayor Steven Fulop tweeted:
Quote:

Based on our initial investigation (which is ongoing) we now believe the active shooters targeted the location they attacked. Due to an excess of caution the community may see additional police resources in the days/weeks ahead. We have no indication there are any further threats

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:46 pm
There were no names released yet. My brother in law is at the scene. They're not letting in misaskim yet, they said it might take another few hours.
I cannot fathom how people can make up names of victims and details to a story.
There are afew yidden that have not been contacted yet, I guess people assume they're victims.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyfaces

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:47 pm
Teary Eyed

Marigold

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:53 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Mayor Steven Fulop tweeted:
Quote:

Based on our initial investigation (which is ongoing) we now believe the active shooters targeted the location they attacked. Due to an excess of caution the community may see additional police resources in the days/weeks ahead. We have no indication there are any further threats

I have been thinking All day (and actually voiced it to my hub) as to why the shooters chose this location out of all the shops lining the boulevard. Yes I know it cld be completely random (ie from hashem) but something didn't sit well with me.
May the families be comforted and may we hear of no more tragedies. Hashem we need Mushiach, now.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:57 pm
This is a terrible tzara . But now that we know it’s a targeted attack I feel so grateful to Hashem that he spared that cheder of boys that was upstairs. Imagine if the goal of these shooters was to get to the kids .

Geulanow

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:00 pm
From kolhaolam: Two of the victims tragically gunned down inside the Kosher Supermarket are Jewish. Proper ID will only be done once Misaskim and CSE are let inside the crime scene later tonight.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This is a terrible tzara . But now that we know it’s a targeted attack I feel so grateful to Hashem that he spared that cheder of boys that was upstairs. Imagine if the goal of these shooters was to get to the kids .

No!!! I can’t have my mind go there. My nephew was there

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:02 pm
Geulanow wrote:
From kolhaolam: Two of the victims tragically gunned down inside the Kosher Supermarket are Jewish. Proper ID will only be done once Misaskim and CSE are let inside the crime scene later tonight.

Stupid question here- why couldn’t they transport the victims once the scene was deemed safe? I understand they didn’t want anyone in there but for so many hours Can't Believe It

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:05 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
There were no names released yet. My brother in law is at the scene. They're not letting in misaskim yet, they said it might take another few hours.
I cannot fathom how people can make up names of victims and details to a story.
There are afew yidden that have not been contacted yet, I guess people assume they're victims.

A father of one of the victims said that DNA was identified as his child’s .

nchr

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:06 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Stupid question here- why couldn’t they transport the victims once the scene was deemed safe? I understand they didn’t want anyone in there but for so many hours Can't Believe It

Because it is a crime scene. They need to go through each shell casing, bullet, etc.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:06 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

Because it’s a homicide investigation in addition to a police officer shooting. And now who knows, it may be terror related. All this is a reason for major investigation and you can’t touch anything on a crime scene until it’s all wrapped up.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:07 pm
Oy nebach. This is so heartbreaking.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:08 pm
So as posted before my relative was the one running from the car into the swat vehicle.
Per him-he was making a quick stop at the shul and saw the U-haul truck stop and armed men shooting and rushing into the store. He ran into his car and called 911 where they told him to lay low, while keeping him on the phone, where he saw bullets flying on both ends.
After the bulk of the shooting, the swat Vehicle put themselves in a position blocking his car from the shooters so that he was able to run from the car into the armed vehicle in order to get out of the fire.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:10 pm
cnc wrote:
A father of one of the victims said that DNA was identified as his child’s .

Was that Deutch?
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics