Home

Which insurance with Medicaid is better in Brooklyn?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Hashem_n_Farfel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:13 pm
I have Fidelis but I hear it’s mostly used in monsey and in Brooklyn it’s difficult to find a doctor who takes Fidelis.
I am looking for myself and my baby
I am thinking of switching to another insurance.
I’m looking into
- empire blue cross
- health first
- united healthcare

Which of the 3 would you recommend to me?
Back to top

Amelia Bedelia




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:17 pm
Definitely not United Healthcare. Don't know why you think it's difficult to find doctors who accept Fidelis in Brooklyn. That has not been my experience.
Back to top

amother




Cobalt
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:23 pm
I have fidelis in Brooklyn and no problem finding doctors for me and my kids.

Not United healthcare. A lot of doctors dropped them.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:40 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I have fidelis in Brooklyn and no problem finding doctors for me and my kids.

Not United healthcare. A lot of doctors dropped them.


What Dr do u use for yourself with fidelis?
Back to top

honeymoon




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:47 pm
Many doctors in the Boro park area don't take Healthfirst.
Back to top

Hashem_n_Farfel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:38 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
What Dr do u use for yourself with fidelis?


I’m still looking for a doctor
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:44 pm
Most are now using Blue Cross and Fidelis
Back to top

Rivky




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 10:45 pm
I have United Healthcare. Never had an issue.
Back to top

dovebird




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:01 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I’m still looking for a doctor

What type of doctor are you looking for?
Back to top

Hashem_n_Farfel




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:00 am
dovebird wrote:
What type of doctor are you looking for?


General doctor like well check ups and stuff.

Also looking for an obgyn in Boro park or close to Boro park that’s affiliated with NYU so I don’t have to go to Williamsburg and back. (Really don’t want to go to Maimonides.)
Back to top

Hashem_n_Farfel




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:36 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Many doctors in the Boro park area don't take Healthfirst.


What do they take?
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:40 pm
I am in Brooklyn and have Healthfirst. I have never felt like I was lacking for Dr. options. But I was looking for an OBGYN two weeks ago, and there were surprisingly few options in Boro Park (other than Maimonides, of course.) Some, but not many.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:42 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
General doctor like well check ups and stuff.

Also looking for an obgyn in Boro park or close to Boro park that’s affiliated with NYU so I don’t have to go to Williamsburg and back. (Really don’t want to go to Maimonides.)

Dr. Berger- but he doesn’t accept Medicaid
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:01 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I am in Brooklyn and have Healthfirst. I have never felt like I was lacking for Dr. options. But I was looking for an OBGYN two weeks ago, and there were surprisingly few options in Boro Park (other than Maimonides, of course.) Some, but not many.


There are many options just outside of BP, though - in practicallly ALL the surrounding neighborhoods.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Celiac nutritionist brooklyn
by amother
14 Yesterday at 10:57 pm View last post
Giving up Insurance in favor of Medicaid
by et27
44 Yesterday at 7:18 pm View last post
Self defense classes in Brooklyn?
by mimimom
0 Yesterday at 10:47 am View last post
Bored at home-need places to go in Brooklyn plz
by amother
3 Yesterday at 10:41 am View last post
Jewish Health Share instead of Health Insurance?
by amother
3 Tue, Jan 21 2020, 4:24 pm View last post

Jump to: