Home

Corruption in NYS repeal of RE
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Seashell
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:37 am
southernbubby wrote:
I am wondering why there is total silence about this in the frum print media. There is more concern about carpool tolls on the GW.

Because except for a bunch of " dangerous anti vaxxers" no one cares. They want religious exemption repeal...
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:51 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Because except for a bunch of " dangerous anti vaxxers" no one cares. They want religious exemption repeal...


You are correct.
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:53 am
gold21 wrote:
You are correct.

However the loss of anything "religious" is not a good thing as the Agudah has now come out and sided against the laws...
Whether you feel it is your religion or not, it is the religion of the Amish who came here because of religious persecution and it was thrown to the road side. This does not seem to bode well for all of our religious laws that we enjoy... shechita,bris mila are deemed "barbaric"... you had the opportunity to speak up and didnt
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:57 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
The forceful laws were a huge red flag to me. I did NOT start questioning vaccines until flu shot became mandated for my preschooler about 7 years ago when he had just recovered from MRSA, and had bad eczema. I discussed it with my pediatrician and she told me I had nothing to worry about as the law was being repealed. I told her my concerns were becoming that I have NO choice and it's all vaccines or none. She agreed with me and had no answer other than to delay. Flu shot was yearly and there was no way to "delay".
I started looking more into vaccines and found that many aspects do indeed have conflicts with my views of Judiasm and what is beneficial for my family and what is forced by govt.
All or nothing and corruption with the lawsuits is still a red flag for me.

I don't live in NYC thankfully and until a few months ago I did not know that annual flu shots were mandated there. It came onto my radar with the force-vaccination of MMR - which I understood even as I was uncomfortable with it. But then came the repeal of the RE and that feels so wrong to me. On the one hand we're fighting the BOE against regulating yeshiva education and on the other hand we're ok with infringing on others' religious rights? We're not being consistent in defending all religious liberties.

And then m'tzad the government, everything you brought up in this post is now bothering me. The corruption is so excessive. Maybe the same thing happens in other areas as well, but this affects me and my kids' health, unlike the tenancy laws which might affect me in a trickle-down way, but that's financial. I'm really having a hard time.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:58 am
southernbubby wrote:
I am wondering why there is total silence about this in the frum print media. There is more concern about carpool tolls on the GW.

I saw Mishpacha had an article about the HPV vaccine. Without the RE available, we won't be able to opt out of that. It's very concerning to me.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:04 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Because except for a bunch of " dangerous anti vaxxers" no one cares. They want religious exemption repeal...

But, you see, I don't think that's true. If everyone wants the RE repealed, why did they need to go crooked? A regular vote, regular pass, and done. But that's not what happened in NY nor in NJ.

In NY, they voted 3 times and bribed/threatened one guy to change his vote to get the outcome they wanted. Twice (!) they re-assigned the judge on the case hearing the lawsuit to ensure the results they wanted.
In NJ, Sweeney placed himself on the committee, planned the vote for a day that two Republicans weren't available, and switched out 3 long-standing Democrat members of the committee THE DAY BEFORE the vote because they had vowed to vote no.

I don't see how any of this is ok.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:15 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
However the loss of anything "religious" is not a good thing as the Agudah has now come out and sided against the laws...
Whether you feel it is your religion or not, it is the religion of the Amish who came here because of religious persecution and it was thrown to the road side. This does not seem to bode well for all of our religious laws that we enjoy... shechita,bris mila are deemed "barbaric"... you had the opportunity to speak up and didnt


I don't believe metzizah b'peh should be allowed, if that's what you're saying. There's a perfectly legitimate alternative. Bris milah is definitely allowed.

Shechitah is allowed.

And you know, and I know, that vaccines aren't a religious issue. Your concerns about vaccines have absolutely nothing to do with your religious principles.
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But, you see, I don't think that's true. If everyone wants the RE repealed, why did they need to go crooked? A regular vote, regular pass, and done. But that's not what happened in NY nor in NJ.

In NY, they voted 3 times and bribed/threatened one guy to change his vote to get the outcome they wanted. Twice (!) they re-assigned the judge on the case hearing the lawsuit to ensure the results they wanted.
In NJ, Sweeney placed himself on the committee, planned the vote for a day that two Republicans weren't available, and switched out 3 long-standing Democrat members of the committee THE DAY BEFORE the vote because they had vowed to vote no.

I don't see how any of this is ok.

Of course it's not OK but you are now seeing the hand of big pharma that if you even mention that term you are a "conspiracist"
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:34 pm
gold21 wrote:
I don't believe metzizah b'peh should be allowed, if that's what you're saying. There's a perfectly legitimate alternative. Bris milah is definitely allowed.

Shechitah is allowed.

And you know, and I know, that vaccines aren't a religious issue. Your concerns about vaccines have absolutely nothing to do with your religious principles.

They do violate my belief of veneshmartem since I do feel they are dangerous for MY children. Should you feel your children are fine, good for you. But, my kids are not your kids.

Shechita is allowed. For now. Wait until it is deemed inhumane and is going on in Europe.

A province in Canada banned any religious head coverings! No yarmulkas... is this what you want for the US???

You are missing the anti religious sentiment festering in US and amongst politicians.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 1:31 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
They do violate my belief of veneshmartem since I do feel they are dangerous for MY children. Should you feel your children are fine, good for you. But, my kids are not your kids.

Shechita is allowed. For now. Wait until it is deemed inhumane and is going on in Europe.

A province in Canada banned any religious head coverings! No yarmulkas... is this what you want for the US???

You are missing the anti religious sentiment festering in US and amongst politicians.


OK. So if for whatever reason you became disenfranchised from the frum community, you would start to vaccinate your kids? I don't think you would- do you?

Do you feel you're being asked to violate Halacha by following the vaccination requirements? Or is your concern more about medical freedom?

Anti semitism is always an issue, yes. Unrelated to vaccinations.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 1:37 pm
gold21 wrote:
I don't believe metzizah b'peh should be allowed, if that's what you're saying. There's a perfectly legitimate alternative. Bris milah is definitely allowed.

Shechitah is allowed.

And you know, and I know, that vaccines aren't a religious issue. Your concerns about vaccines have absolutely nothing to do with your religious principles.

I hear you, but see that's not what's bothering me. We could debate from today till tomorrow if vaccination is a religious issue or not and each side will bring experts to their defense. My problem is that this didn't happen. There was no weighing of the issue and bringing in experts to testify and determining what the public wants. Instead there was covert and overt corruption to get the bills to pass.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Dec 13 2019, 1:40 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK. So if for whatever reason you became disenfranchised from the frum community, you would start to vaccinate your kids? I don't think you would- do you?

Do you feel you're being asked to violate Halacha by following the vaccination requirements? Or is your concern more about medical freedom?

Anti semitism is always an issue, yes. Unrelated to vaccinations.


(I disagree with you about your stand on this law. I feel that if anti-semitism is an issue, the least we as Jews can do is to be tolerant of others' religious beliefs, sincere or not, so that we don't get judged for our sincerity for Jewish practices.)

But are you ok with the corruption and backroom deals that are going on to get these laws to happen? You can be a proponent of the law and still not be ok with the way they are being enacted. Or do you think that the end justifies the means?
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Dec 14 2019, 4:05 pm
Again, op, I'm with you all the way on this corruption. It's really unsettling and suspicious. There is talk about vaccine schedule going to be mandated for adults down to it being required for license and passport - idk if this is true or not but it makes me wonder just why?? It just smells so so fishy.
Also,if the product worked, they wouldn't have to push it!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Dec 14 2019, 5:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Again, op, I'm with you all the way on this corruption. It's really unsettling and suspicious. There is talk about vaccine schedule going to be mandated for adults down to it being required for license and passport - idk if this is true or not but it makes me wonder just why?? It just smells so so fishy.
Also,if the product worked, they wouldn't have to push it!

Where is there talk of this? If it's true, this is seriously disturbing.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Dec 14 2019, 6:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where is there talk of this? If it's true, this is seriously disturbing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=.....#menu
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sat, Dec 14 2019, 8:08 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSwP9YaSqc#menu

Oh Em Gee!
I hope it doesn't pass in NJ. This is government overreach beyond. I have no words.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Dec 14 2019, 10:03 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSwP9YaSqc#menu


YouTube took down the video!! (it says removed by user but I doubt it. It had millions of views)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:29 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
YouTube took down the video!! (it says removed by user but I doubt it. It had millions of views)

Wow. Wow. I watched it, so I know it existed and now they took it down? Why?
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow. Wow. I watched it, so I know it existed and now they took it down? Why?


Because measles is dangerous to some people or in some places, several social media platforms remove anti-vax content.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:39 am
southernbubby wrote:
Because measles is dangerous to some people or in some places, several social media platforms remove anti-vax content.

The video wasn't anti-vax. It was anti a specific bill that's being pushed through in NJ S2173. The person was pointing out all the amendments to the bill and what the long-term implications are. If this is Youtube censorship (instead of actual user removal), we've got a huge problem. People in this country have a right to express opinions on proposed bills.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
They're finally saying what some of us have said all along
by pause
20 Sat, May 30 2020, 11:06 pm View last post
[ Poll ] If you live in NY (re Covid)
by amother
17 Wed, May 27 2020, 10:31 pm View last post
Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election. Opinions?
by Mevater
142 Wed, May 20 2020, 9:25 pm View last post
Edit: Please sign petition re NY unemployment 3 day law!
by seeker
36 Tue, May 19 2020, 9:40 pm View last post
Anyone know if they’re making a shavuos box?
by amother
14 Sun, May 17 2020, 9:51 pm View last post

Jump to: