Home

For parents who DO vaccinate, do you give the flu vaccine?
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Poll

If you do vaccinate your children, do you give them the flu vaccine, too?
Yes
 60%  [ 69 ]
No
 40%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 115


amother




Tan
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
It's the least effective vaccine and most adverse reactions , so no, I don't give it. I only vaccinate what's mandated and start past 2.


What makes your argument that flu vaccine isn't safe, better than those who feel the same about other vaccines?
Do you know that people had all vaccines but MMR were referred to as unvaccinated? That goes to say that if your kids have all but one vaccine, they too are unvaccinated.

U get to refuse flu fir your personal reasons/beliefs. So can others for other vaccines that they don't feel are safe for their kids/themselves.

This isn't directed at 'you' per se, rather, at all those who are in the same boat as you for flu or hpv or any other vaccine refusal
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Really? So its efficacy rate is actually 0%?


It's not a given that someone will contractors the flu every year so how can efficacy be really proven? And when someone gets flu, the strain isn't tested so no way to know if it's vaccine preventable if effective anyways
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 2:07 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It's not a given that someone will contractors the flu every year so how can efficacy be really proven? And when someone gets flu, the strain isn't tested so no way to know if it's vaccine preventable if effective anyways


We do test and watch flu strains. We know which are circulating during the season - we just need to guess before. Right now we know that influenza B Victoria lineage virus is currently predominant, which is especially tough on children. Obviously there are other strains as well because multiple flu strains circulate each flu season.... Also, those previously vaccinates have been shown to be better protected by subsequently vaccinations in future years. I think of the flu vaccine as an umbrella - some people won't get wet at all, some will get a little wet, sometimes an umbrella turns inside out - and many people are fine with an umbrella.
Back to top

BadTichelDay




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 2:42 pm
Yes. Our children get flu vaccinations every year, and I get one as well because my job exposes me to lots of people constantly. I try to make dh get them as well, some years he does, others he doesn't. Never saw any side effects other than local pain (feels like one got a bad punch and a bruise) at the injection site for 1-2 days in all of us and one child had a mild fever for a day after the shot 3 years ago. I had what I think was the flu many years ago, before I started getting vaccinations - was totally bed bound with a high fever for several days. Very unpleasant. I prefer the shots and so far they seem to have worked for my family and me.
Back to top

amother




Powderblue
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 4:52 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
What makes your argument that flu vaccine isn't safe, better than those who feel the same about other vaccines?
Do you know that people had all vaccines but MMR were referred to as unvaccinated? That goes to say that if your kids have all but one vaccine, they too are unvaccinated.

U get to refuse flu fir your personal reasons/beliefs. So can others for other vaccines that they don't feel are safe for their kids/themselves.

This isn't directed at 'you' per se, rather, at all those who are in the same boat as you for flu or hpv or any other vaccine refusal

I'm with you all the way.
Back to top

nicole81




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 5:04 pm
Yes. This year, one kid for some reason didn't get vaxxed yet and she came down with the flu. She missed a full week of school is still not completely healthy. The five other kids, as well as myself and my husband (who ran out for a flu shot as soon as the child tested positive), stayed completely healthy. BH for the flu shot.
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Thu, Dec 12 2019, 8:14 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
My DD caught the chicken pox as a baby so she never had the vaccine for it (my other kids had the shot).

She recently got shingles (at age 11!). It was HORRIBLE.

My neighbor got the chicken pox shot at 12 months and shingles at 2.5. You can still get shingles after the shot!!
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
London flu/virus
by amother
1 Thu, Jan 23 2020, 4:21 pm View last post
NY State vaccine laws- catch up schedule
by amother
2 Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:37 pm View last post
Please give feedback about Mesila!
by artsy
1 Tue, Jan 21 2020, 4:48 pm View last post
S/o- Did your parents expect you to be perfect?
by amother
2 Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:06 pm View last post
This should be required reading for all parents.
by amother
1 Sun, Jan 19 2020, 8:15 pm View last post

Jump to: