Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
2019: The Imamother Year In Review! What YOU Learned..
1  2  3  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:01 pm
Hiya, fellow Imas!
I have seen one too many end of year lists and decided we should have one, too!

We've all had the honor of benefiting from this all encompassing site. But what did THIS year teach YOU?

You can write whatever you please; no thoughts too small or too large..

Here's what I personally learned this year on Ima...

Not too many people are interested in experimenting with pot in our community..

And..

Quinoa is generally accepted as a food item, not as a craft item, as I initially assumed.

And..

Nobody, but nobody has an easy life. Everybody struggles. The only difference is how they deal with their struggles.

May next year be much easier on Klal Yisrael and may it be a year of Simchos and joy for all who seek it.

What did YOU learn this year?

(Aside from the fact that I like using all caps, you know who you are...)

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Sun, Dec 15 2019, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:09 pm
I learned what comic relief & Jewish food(ie) have in common Laugh LOL Laugh LOL
BEST THING EVER!!!!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:14 pm
I learned that some very popular amothers vanished out of the blue and left me here wondering where they disappeared to and why they left .
Examples: Crust, Inner Me, Simba, Pesek Zman etc.

Imamother this year has made me realize I’m getting old. I always felt so young but with women here that are almost the age of my children it’s starting to hit me that I’m from the “older and wiser” crowd.

I discovered a private forum that I became a part of and it’s a wonderful and loving support group. I didn’t realize what a difference a private forum could make vs. the general imamother forum.

I learned about $780 sneakers this year and it got me Googling and checking them out because imamother piqued my curiosity.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:53 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I learned that some very popular amothers vanished out of the blue and left me here wondering where they disappeared to and why they left .

Imamother this year has made me realize I’m getting old. I always felt so young but with women here that are almost the age of my children it’s starting to hit me that I’m from the “older and wiser” crowd.

I discovered a private forum that I became a part of and it’s a wonderful and loving support group. I didn’t realize what a difference a private forum could make vs. the general imamother forum.

I learned about $780 sneakers this year and it got me Googling and checking them out because imamother piqued my curiosity.

Those Imas will be back! (some Imas work full time and summer is a bit more stress free)
And we're not old; we're setting the trend! When I read some newlywed issues, I silently thank Hashem He got us to this amazing age! Every year marks something new for me! This year I learned that I won't pass out and quietly slip into a coma if I read non fiction. Who knew! Jury's still out on quinoa. Maybe next year.

Another thing I learned is that the mothers who post under their screen names and NOT amother have much more thought out responses and are by and large brave and smart.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:58 pm
I learned that theres a double standard when it comes to many peoples expectations from husbands vs wives

I learned that I can feel tremendous concern for people I dont know, concern more powerful than I thought possible. I constantly think of certain threads and daven that the OPs are ok. (Chivalry is dead thread, for example)

I learned that too many people are misinformed/totally closedminded/very naive when it comes to p-rn exposure in the yeshivish community.

I learned how to make cheese blintzes!!!!!!!

I learned to say what I think, under my screen name, even though there will often be those who disagree with me, and thats ok. I agree with me. And thats more important.

Last edited by little neshamala on Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

hodeez

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:59 pm
I learned just how angry frum women can get over politics, and debate the same exact issues for hundreds of pages across multiple threads, and it will always end in name calling. So basically the same as any other website.

hodeez

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:19 pm
I also got my delicious challah recipe from here! Also stuffed capons, shabbos brownies and cakes, oven farfel.. my husband sincerely thanks you imas!

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:19 pm
Oh! And I learned it's never too early to start cleaning for Pesach, from the Ima who posted about it Sukkos time! (if I find her, I'm gonna crumble a cookie somewhere in her bedroom and not tell her where. )

Wife1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:29 pm
This is my first year here and I learnt there is nothing like klal yisroel no matter what people are going through there is a wonderful community of women ready to hold their hand!

Thank you all

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:06 pm
A sad thing I learned is that no matter how bad one mother has it, there's still a mother out there suffering more. That's really awful to me and I hope that things get better for all Jewish mothers everywhere.

A nice thing I learned is that no matter what time of day or night someone is in a crisis, there is always someone, somewhere, up and ready with a soothing word and sound advice. That is sooo amazing!!

I mean, it could be 3:47 AM and an ima will randomly title her post, "my kid vomited on me and my husband left" and a split second later, condolences and ideas for how to get vomit out of a feather down quilt. (along with advice to hire a lawyer and take all her money out of the bank naturally,) all before 3:49 AM.

There is truly nothing as special as imamother..

MiriFr

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:14 pm
I learned about all the treasures I can find in Trader Joe's! (I really mostly follow the food-related threads Very Happy )

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:26 pm
I got some great ideas for spaghetti squash.
I met some of the people on here or at least spoke to them on the phone.
It was this time last year when you guys told me about the utilities here such as Suez and Orange and Rockland.
Of course, I am always finding things that I never realized.

mom_13

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:52 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Oh! And I learned it's never too early to start cleaning for Pesach, from the Ima who posted about it Sukkos time! (if I find her, I'm gonna crumble a cookie somewhere in her bedroom and not tell her where. )

Love this! Can I please come with some pretzels? It'll be fun, cheap girls night out!

crust

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:59 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Hey Thunder! How are you? I miss you!
I wasn't on for a few months because I was trying to set limits to my screen usage.
Bh it was successful. 💪

An ima freind sent me a screenshot of your post and I had to come by to say hi.

We still have to go out for coffee one day. Let's make that day happen soon so you'll see how far from lost I am. 😉

shmosmom

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:00 pm
I learned that people will post as amother, and then ask you to post with your screen name so they can dm you. I think I'm starting a new little rule for myself, if OP is amother then my responses will be anonymous too, as obviously she must feel this is way too of a personal topic. Fair?

honeymoon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:04 pm
crust wrote:
I wasn't on for a few months because I was trying to set limits to my screen usage.
Bh it was successful. 💪

We still have to go out for coffee one day. Let's make that day happen soon so you'll see how far from lost I am. 😉

Hey there! I missed you! Hi The crust on my bread wasn't half as good without you around....

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:08 pm
crust wrote:
Bh it was successful. 💪

(you are loved and missed! Kudos on the screen time limit. You coming with us to put bagel chips and crinkle cookies under "pesach cleaning" Ima's bed?)

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:11 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Love this! Can I please come with some pretzels? It'll be fun, cheap girls night out!

Totally! Bring foods that, if you chew them and then accidentally sneeze, they spread across a minimum of 12 feet in either direction. I would say 'baby fingers' but they are kosher l'pesach by design.. We don't want to HELP her..

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:12 pm
L
Jewishfoodie wrote:
(you are loved and missed! Kudos on the screen time limit. You coming with us to put bagel chips and crinkle cookies under "pesach cleaning" Ima's bed?)

(Maybe it was her posting anonymously. I mean, what else do you think she’s doing in her spare time/no screen time when all of us are slaving away browsing ima...)

crust

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:13 pm
I miss you and I love you all!
Gotta keep my commitment.
Good night!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics