Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skin Care Regimen - Where do I start?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:43 am
So, I asked about makeup products, and realized that I need to start with a good skin care regimen.

Are expensive products really that much better than drugstore brand products?

Is it bad if I wash my face with Dove soapbar?

Right now, all I use is Dove soapbar as a cleanser and Cerave moisturizer.

Is that bad? What other things do I need to add into my daily skin care regimen?

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:55 am
You can do much better than Dove in terms of cleansing your face.

Expensive products aren't necessarily better than drugstore brands but you have to know what you are buying - what ingredients to look for etc.

In terms of what you should be using, it really depends on what your concerns are in terms of your skin. Some skin care is also a way to take a few minutes to pamper yourself as well.

Some skin care products are aesthetically pleasant to use so you might prefer them. For example, as part of my skin care regimen I like to use a toner with a cotton pad after cleansing. I was given a sample of Mamonde Rose Water Toner and I liked it so much I actually bought a bottle. It's not super expensive but not the cheapest I could get but I love how it smells so it's a few seconds of pleasure.

Similarly masks are a nice way to force oneself to relax - a great way to pamper yourself. Sheet masks are especially relaxing for me because I can lie down and I don't even have to get up to wash off as you just rub in anything left after you take off the actual sheet after 20 or so minutes.

In terms of actual skin regimen, most would say

Cleanse
Tone
Use Serum
Use Eye Cream
Use Moisturizer

Some women use a heavier moisturizer (also sometimes called a night mask) at night.

Korean skin products have become wildly popular because Korean women focus a lot of energy and money on their complexions. They use something called double cleansing where you use a face oil first which removes makeup and grime and then wash with standard cleanser with water. Again, lots of women love to take a few minutes in a beauty ritual.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No. Just as much as some cheap products use inferior ingredients, some expensive products are the same inferior ingredients, but disguised with a higher price tag!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:34 pm
Amarante, thank you, once again!

Thanks, Puce!

I don't need to feel like I'm spoiling myself.

I just want to take care of my skin.

Any real rec's for a good quality but not expensive facial products?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So, I asked about makeup products, and realized that I need to start with a good skin care regimen.

Is it bad if I wash my face with Dove soapbar?

Right now, all I use is Dove soapbar as a cleanser and Cerave moisturizer.

Is that bad? What other things do I need to add into my daily skin care regimen?

I'll answer u in order:
1- no
2- ya
3- u need a good cleanser (aveeno foaming cleanser is *chef kissing fingers*). And a good moisturizer. What's your skin type? MOST IMPORTANT you need SUNSCREEEEEEEEN

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:43 pm
Consider visiting a DECIEM store if there is one that is not too far from you. The Ordinary, a brand of reasonably priced, quality skin care products that has been mentioned here, is a DECIEM brand. The staff at the store can help you find the products you need.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Consider visiting a DECIEM store if there is one that is not too far from you. The Ordinary, a brand of reasonably priced, quality skin care products that has been mentioned here, is a DECIEM brand. The staff at the store can help you find the products you need.

Are all their products containing of good quality ingredients?

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:51 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

I had recommended The Ordinary on OP"s other inquiry.

The Ordinary has an excellent website which explains all of its products - the ingredients - what to be used for.

You can also order the products through Sephora or other websites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics