Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Jodie/Jody
Previous  1  2  3

nchr

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 3:13 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Fowl language names such as Jay, Alouette, Paloma, Raven, or perhaps Faigel or Tzipporah? Wink

This is so funny - why would you be anonymous? It is even funnier because I love the name Wren. I love you, and I actually love this typo (voice note) too!!!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 3:24 am
Alouette please no

dorothy1

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 4:23 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Madison was originally a boy's name? If you Google, you'll fin that it was originally a last name, like Robinson. As far as its use as a first name I thought that it originated with Splash, that movie about the mermaid who takes her name from Madison Avenue?

It’s been around for a very long time , way before movies Smile

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 4:27 am
MadiSON

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 5:49 am
Ruchel wrote:
MadiSON

Yes, like Robinson, Johnson, Watson, etc. Still originally a last name, not a first name. What was the first use of Madison as a first name?

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 6:38 am
I used to have such a weird fascination with baby name data - you can check on websites like the ssa.gov to track the history of a name. According to this site which compiles it all, Madison first entered the top 1000 names for boys in 1880. Didn't hit for females until 1985, after Splash came out as others have said.

http://www.nameplayground.com/Madison

dorothy1

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 7:11 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Yes, like Robinson, Johnson, Watson, etc. Still originally a last name, not a first name. What was the first use of Madison as a first name?

It’s been used as a first name since the Middle Ages.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 8:01 am
Madison was super popular around 15-20 years ago. Then the old fashioned and biblical names started to trend.

iyar

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 11:07 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Fowl language names such as Jay, Alouette, Paloma, Raven, or perhaps Faigel or Tzipporah? Wink

LOL

Hindel?

bigsis144

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:43 pm
My mother is a Jodi and her Hebrew name is Yehudis. I think it’s a cute name (my mom is awesome and cute!).

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 14 2019, 9:01 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

It literally means son
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names