Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen color

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:33 pm
I’m finally redoing my kitchen. What colors are in? Practical? Nice?
My kids feel I’m old Can't Believe It Can't Believe It and don’t know what’s in. I don’t know what I like! I want it beautiful! Any inspiration would help!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:43 pm
Go to the library and get some books. And of course look on line too.
What colors do you like? You can incorporate your favorite colors, whatever they are. Have fun and use it in good health!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:44 pm
I did grey last year and love it. But I think blue and white is the latest. Check out kitchen places on Instagram and you can see all the pictures. Good luck!

MiriFr

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:45 pm
White!!!
With dark marble and gold accents

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:47 pm
White cabinets with wood floors, marble countertops and gold (trendy) or silver (classic) accents is a trending yet classic look.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:08 pm
Blue is a trend. And there is some movement towards warmer tones.

White or gray shaker cabinets are still popular.

The KBIS show will be taking place in a month. You'll see a lot of kitchen trend articles and blogs then.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 2:39 am
Most of my friends did grey or white or cream with dark wood accents.
I wanted color! I did a beautiful turquoise with white counters, white back splash and gray floors. Anon because everyone knows what my kitchen looks like Smile

If you like color, go for it. You can search for "[color] kitchen" on Houzz to get ideas.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 4:56 am
Nothing light. We inherited a red and grey kitch from previous owners and wow

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 7:19 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Most of my friends did grey or white or cream with dark wood accents.
I wanted color! I did a beautiful turquoise with white counters, white back splash and gray floors. Anon because everyone knows what my kitchen looks like Smile

If you like color, go for it. You can search for "[color] kitchen" on Houzz to get ideas.

I also did color! More of a sea green

But if op only want something that her kids consider to be"in," it doesn't sound like she'd go for something so "brace."

(Almost everyone who comes to my house comments how beautiful the kitchen is!)

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 8:04 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I also did color! More of a sea green

But if op only want something that her kids consider to be"in," it doesn't sound like she'd go for something so "brace."

(Almost everyone who comes to my house comments how beautiful the kitchen is!)

Mine too! Everyone tells me they weren't brave enough to do what I did Smile
I enjoy it so much. It's my kitchen and I paid for it and I use it all day every day. My kids didnt get a say in the decor, sorry. they get to decorate their own rooms.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 9:17 am
Look around and do what makes you smile. It doesn't mater what is in this year because in 5years it won't be in anymore and you will not be redoing your kitchen again anyway.
If you think you will be putting your house on the market in the very near future, neutral is something to consider (and then accent with glass bowls...).
I did cobalt black/grey/silver more then 15 years ago. It was hard to find because it was not in and not what they were showing. I loved it then and I love it now. It really makes me smile. I am so glad I didn't go for what the contractor said "because this is what'sthe latest style/ what everyone is doing".

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 3:13 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
White cabinets with wood floors, marble countertops and gold (trendy) or silver (classic) accents is a trending yet classic look.

Don't do gold. It won't look nice in a year.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 5:25 pm
Take some time to google kitchen pictures and save the ones that you like. Don't worry about over thinking but just save those which you are instinctually drawn towards.

Then take a look and see what commonalities they share in terms of look - separate door style (for example) from color.

In terms of trends, very high end designers like Christopher Peacock and Smallbones are showing wood again. However, the best advice is to go with something that you love because five years from now, there could be a different trend but if you picked something you love, you will stick like it.

I recently remodeled and I went with medium stained quarter sawn white oak cabinets with a blue/green tile back splash and a Black Galaxy granite counter - it's hand painted so each tile looks a bit different. I accented with copper tiles and have a copper farmhouse sink.

I love the way my kitchen turned out - it is not trendy but incorporates the colors and styles that I like.

Most importantly I incorporated a lot of functionality into my kitchen - toe kick step stools to help me reach upper shelves; lots of lower drawers and rollouts when I have lower door cabinets. Very good lighting including under cabinet lighting. A garbage disposal with an air switch and a garbage disposal mounted to a drain which is on the upper left which leaves lots of room under the sink. I also have my sink cabinet clad in formica for easier cleaning as well as have all shelves clad in formica - again for easier clean up. My ovens open to the side instead of the bottom so that I can access them by standing in front instead of to the side.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 14 2019, 12:28 pm
One more vote for doing what you love. Most people don't have the budget (or emotional energy) to redo the kitchen every five years. At some point, your kitchen will be out of date. So it may as well bring you joy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen