Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hate the ‘poor boys hat’ my Dh bought/wears
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:41 am
What does your Dh wear in the cold weather?
Mine says this keeps him warm.

Thing is, even though he’s not young, he still has a headful of nice hair.
& when I see this hat on men, I think it ages them & they are trying to cover up their aging balding head.
So my Dh said he’d be happy to stop wearing it if I can find a replacement

I actually finally got used to it you until someone I know saw him and made a negative comment to me about it. 😬😔

The one that looks like photo attached

https://I.imgur.com/0nc8vhL.jpg

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:46 am
It's a newsboy's cap, not a poor boy's hat. Laugh
Don't take it so seriously.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:46 am
I like it. Guess that's irrelevant though.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:51 am
OP, I know guys in their 30's wearing such a cap. Its very in style now.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:52 am
I love that hat. I once took a pic of my DH trying one on in Target because I thought he looked so cute. But how does this hat keep your DH warm? There’s nothing to cover his ears.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

weasley

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:44 am
How about a regular beanie?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:49 am
My DH is under 40 and loves those. He wears it more in the rain on Shabbos. He loves it.

He wears a beanie to work and during the week a lot.

Do you know the political statement “I’m not your Halloween costume”. My DH has a collection of those caps cheap. And the neighborhood teens all call tonask to borrow them for Purim. DH loves it and happily gives them out.
(I live in Lakewood)

small bean

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:37 am
My husband also wears them. Hes been wearing it since hes like 25

heidi

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:39 am
I understand OP.
My grandfather wore them.
It would drive me nuts if my husband did.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:47 am
My dh been wearing those since his 20s. ANY hat makes a man look as if he’s covering up a bald spot. For that matter, so does a kippah. So what?

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 11:27 am
Thats a very nice hat.. what do you want him to wear???

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 11:46 am
Ha! My mother hated when my father wore that hat. When we were young and didn't know the name of that style hat we'd call it "the hat that mommy doesn't like"
I think it looks fine though. Better on younger men actually

chipmunks

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 12:15 pm
I love newsboy caps! Whenever we go somewhere in chutz la'aretz and it's cold but not cold enough for a winter hat or DH isn't sure it's safe/normal to wear a kippah I ask him to wear one of those. I think they look great. Anyways, it's sweet of him to take your feelings into consideration and be open to wearing something else. I would suggest a baseball cap, but that's what my dad wears...to cover up his bald spot!

To the person asking how it keeps him warm, it's surely warmer than a kippah. Smile

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 12:37 pm
I bought one like this for my dh in zara two years ago. It's actually very in style now.
I like it. My nephew has one, he looks adorable with it (a baby). I see this hat's now everywhere

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:45 pm
Just let your dh wear what HE likes. Just asking, would you appreciate him criticizing what you wear?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:01 pm
My Dh and 3 sons wear these actually. Dh is only 30 and has been wearing these hats forever...like before we were even dating.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:39 am
Guess I’m outvoted
But if there was something I wore that my DH didn’t like ( for whatever reason) I wouldn’t wear it.
I have to also say that I don’t ever not like what he wears or his choice of attire. And vice versa. So if there happens to be occasion that I dislike something I would like to have some validation.
Also, I DID as I stated in my OP stop saying anything after awhile bc I just kinda got used to it. & he wasn’t stopping to wear it, and he wanted to keep his head warm. (Don’t know how it keeps warm with no ear flaps but whatever......)
But then someone actually texted me after seeing him one day and made a sarcastic negative comment. & since then HE doesn’t want to wear it anymore !!
So everyone who is stating that just Cz their own DH wears it, I still don’t like it on my own Dh.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:51 am
Buy him a hat that you do like.
I had to add - if you have friends who would text you something mean about how your husband dresses, you need new friends more than he needs a new hat.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:13 am
If he likes the style, it could be that a different pattern would look trendy instead of poor or old fashioned.

Brachie69

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:19 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Buy him a hat that you do like.

This.
Why not try something you like and see if it works for him?
Best starting point. DH should always want to look his best for you too! Give the man a helping hand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics