Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Is a doona worth it
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:05 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood and have petite babies so the Doona was heaven sent. My baby only outgrew at like 15 months, and I don’t walk much with the stroller, so the Doona was my only stroller til about age 9 months, when I bought the uppa baby minu which I highly recommend instead of the yoyo. Folds into a near square, and way smoother ride and sturdier. If you live in and out of your car, the Doona is a luxury, but in my opinion worth every penny

Is the uppababy minu stroller easy to push?

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
My baby is old enough to entertain himself and play so its left in the car unless we have to walk on shabbos/yt or at a simcha - which isnt so often - then hes in the doona.

The doona has rated one of the lowest for crash testing. There are so many cheaper and better car seats available. I really dont get it.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:17 pm
watergirl wrote:
The doona has rated one of the lowest for crash testing. There are so many cheaper and better car seats available. I really dont get it.

What ginger said. Where I live we have to drive anywhere to get to any store or to the babysitter so Im in and out of the car all the time. So my baby is a year now and is on the petite side so Im going to be using the doona for a while more because he still fits nicely. My mother always hated the graco snap and go where you have to take the base out of the trunk, set it up and put the car seat on top. Its such a hassle esp if your alone and rushing somewhere and have to handle so many things at once. Yes the doona is a luxury but I'm loving it! There is no basket but I never felt like I was missing it

When he grows out of the doona Im going to get a car stroller not a bugaboo or uppababy or any of the carriages that are close to a thousand

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:30 pm
What ginger said. Where I live we have to drive anywhere to get to any store or to the babysitter so Im in and out of the car all the time. So my baby is a year now and is on the petite side so Im going to be using the doona for a while more because he still fits nicely. My mother always hated the graco snap and go where you have to take the base out of the trunk, set it up and put the car seat on top. Its such a hassle esp if your alone and rushing somewhere and have to handle so many things at once. Yes the doona is a luxury but I'm loving it! There is no basket but I never felt like I was missing it

When he grows out of the doona Im going to get a car stroller not a bugaboo or uppababy or any of the carriages that are close to a thousand

This has nothing to do with the person who I responded to. She said her doona is almost always in her car. She does not bring it in and out for the most part. Its almost never used as a stroller. So my question stands. Why get this doona then? It has horrible crash ratings.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:36 pm
watergirl wrote:
This has nothing to do with the person who I responded to. She said her doona is almost always in her car. She does not bring it in and out for the most part. Its almost never used as a stroller. So my question stands. Why get this doona then? It has horrible crash ratings.

Till around 6 months I brought it in and he napped in it.
Whenever I go to a store and take him with me, the doona comes out as well.
Till recently whenever I went to visit someone, the doona came out with me as well

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:38 pm
Till around 6 months I brought it in and he napped in it.
Whenever I go to a store and take him with me, the doona comes out as well.
Till recently whenever I went to visit someone, the doona came out with me as well

Ok.... so you use it differently than the person who I was replying to.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:40 pm
watergirl wrote:
Ok.... so you use it differently than the person who I was replying to.

No..Im the person you replied to

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:44 pm
No..Im the person you replied to
ok I see that now. So you are changing what you said that I quoted you on. You first said it stays in the car unless its a simcha/shabbos/YT. Now you say you are in and out of the car with it all the time. Doesnt matter. Enjoy it! I'm just one of the people who are curious about the draw, given its ratings and limited functionality.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:49 pm
watergirl wrote:
ok I see that now. So you are changing what you said that I quoted you on. You first said it stays in the car unless its a simcha/shabbos/YT. Now you say you are in and out of the car with it all the time. Doesnt matter. Enjoy it! I'm just one of the people who are curious about the draw, given its ratings and limited functionality.

I just googled it and the doona actually scored very high on the ratings....

tigerwife

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:56 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I LOVED mine and thought it was totally worth it - it was gifted to me but I save up the $$ if I needed to.

I find it so strange and hilarious that I see women all over BP/Williamsburg with the Doona - they don’t drive!! Just why!?

If they take car services a lot, then a portable car seat is mighty convenient.

Most people I know who own a Doona love it and recommend it. I always used an adapter to attach my car seat to stroller base and it really wasn’t inconvenient. I like art so a lot of my decision making comes from comparing cute prints lol. The doona and yo-yo are just not aesthetically pleasing to me.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:56 pm
Ok. Different searches I guess. Anyways, enjoy!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:10 pm
Tigerwife, till the doona wasn't a trend, they managed fine without it. In Williamsburg, it's monkey see monkey do. If it's in style, most will own it. No matter what.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:02 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Tigerwife, till the doona wasn't a trend, they managed fine without it. In Williamsburg, it's monkey see monkey do. If it's in style, most will own it. No matter what.

That's true. My friends sil won it by a party. She was soooo excited. So I asked my friend, sil hub doesn't drive, never will, her baby is a yr old why does she need one? So she told me that's the shtick in Willy now.
But it's only in Willy this attitude. Anywhere else, those who get it have real use of it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:28 pm
I still don't understand how people use Doona as their shopping stroller. That's the one time I davka need a basket!

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:42 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

One of the benefits in the Chassidishe world is that children are at least being exposed to a car seat. In Monsey babies would often otherwise not be properly restrained in a taxi.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:18 pm
nchr wrote:
One of the benefits in the Chassidishe world is that children are at least being exposed to a car seat. In Monsey babies would often otherwise not be properly restrained in a taxi.

True! Although I did see in Williamsburg a chassidish lady getting into a taxi with a Doona. She took the baby (about a year old) out and put the doona in the trunk. I couldn’t believe my eyes! Was so funny... and so sad...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:25 pm
Amother sapphire, maybe the taxi driver didn't allow her to put the stroller on the seat. I've had that already.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:42 pm
Is the uppababy minu stroller easy to push?

Yes.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:44 pm

It takes 2 seconds to snap and go and then you have a basket to store all your items while you are handling all those errands.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:36 am
For those of us in Lakewood , shopping is usually done in and out of car. So no need for storage. Personally, I find the the look of snap n go not pretty hence having never had one. I used an attachment to my regular stroller which was a major inconvenience. Can’t wait to have another baby and purchase a Doona. It’s a must on my list and will try to get an older version that costs less. I also wonder why there isn’t a copy of it on the market yet.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics