Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I would like to go back to school and I’m in my 30s.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:00 pm
I graduated in 2005 and I would like to go back to school for my bachelors degree. I had a very chaotic upbringing and didn’t get to enjoy learning at any point during my school years. As an adult I think I can appreciate it more. Financially this is not an issue for us and aside from my youngest all my children are in school. I do have full time help to help with household chores and my children . Can anyone help guide me that’s been here? I don’t know where to start.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:02 pm
What is your end goal? Do you want a career or just to enjoy learning?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:06 pm
My short term goal is investing in my education and enjoy learning. My end goal is to have a job when all my children are grown and out of my house.

imanonymous

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:06 pm
OP, you may want to go back to anon in your second post.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:07 pm
Where are you located?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:08 pm
If money is not a problem - definitely go for it. I started community college in my forties and I loved every second.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:11 pm
I would like to do something online and I think it would greatly benefit me to hire a guidance counselor to help direct me. I also am suspecting I will have a hard time getting back in to it and would love to hire a tutor to start me off and get me on track until I can do it on my own: all recommendations welcome

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My short term goal is investing in my education and enjoy learning. My end goal is to have a job when all my children are grown and out of my house.

If you still have a baby at home that job is a long way off. But if you want to learn for the sake of learning I say go for it.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would like to do something online and I think it would greatly benefit me to hire a guidance counselor to help direct me. I also am suspecting I will have a hard time getting back in to it and would love to hire a tutor to start me off and get me on track until I can do it on my own: all recommendations welcome

Where are you located?

I went back to school in my 30s, but I picked a lucrative career. If you are just interested in learning, audit some classes. You should take one of those career tests to see what suits you.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:18 pm
SUNY and NYU have online programs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics