Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
The story of the 10 non returnable blankets
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:50 pm
Same! I got a total of 15 blankets with my first (lots of Russian family). It was touching to get gifts but so hard to store them all. Luckily if any got lost it wasn't a big deal. He slept in a sleep sack til he was more than 12 months and used a bundleme outside so the blankets didn't do much

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:50 pm
This is why I stopped giving gifts.
I can't afford to shop in a fancy store and give a gift with a gift receipt and I am terrible at predicting what the person wants/what others will give , so instead of frustrating and annoying the new mom, I give nothing. Let her think it is yet to come and I haven't gotten around to it/it is yet to come, or it slipped my mind. But at least I haven't offended her and spent my time and money needlessly.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:53 pm
Most people I know only give gifts for the first baby anyway except for immediate family.
So it was pretty nice that the OP received so many gifts. Even if they are repeats.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:55 pm
I think people feel safer giving a blanket because it isn't as subject to taste as clothing is. That said, I've only received three blankets as gifts over the course of having four kids BH. I wonder if this is the kind of thing that happens more in certain communities?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:55 pm
Just something funny to add... a friend of mine recently told me she got a beautiful blanket with an embroidered name. Not only did she have no clue who it was from, but it also had the wrong name! Yet it was definitely addressed to her. Same first letter as her child’s name so likely someone heard wrong or got confused...

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:01 pm
For people saying they get 15 $ blankets without receipts.

Personally I give something from amazon or target in the same range that’s exchangeable- a mustela soap or burts bees baby something. A pretty swaddle. And I’m even if I got something in tjs I would include a receipt...

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:12 pm
Most people would not include a gift receipt for something they got on a clearance table for $5.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wouldnt you want a gift you give to be useful? Of course im grateful. I feel so good that so many people thought of me and took the time out to go buy something, wrap it, write a card, drop it off. Not to mention the money spent..

Complaining about lack of gift receipt doesn’t sound like appreciation. It’s the word you wrote.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:20 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
This is why I stopped giving gifts.
I can't afford to shop in a fancy store and give a gift with a gift receipt and I am terrible at predicting what the person wants/what others will give , so instead of frustrating and annoying the new mom, I give nothing. Let her think it is yet to come and I haven't gotten around to it/it is yet to come, or it slipped my mind. But at least I haven't offended her and spent my time and money needlessly.

I give $15-20 gifts with a gift receipt...

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:36 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Just something funny to add... a friend of mine recently told me she got a beautiful blanket with an embroidered name. Not only did she have no clue who it was from, but it also had the wrong name! Yet it was definitely addressed to her. Same first letter as her child’s name so likely someone heard wrong or got confused...

Reminds me of what happened to me. After my DC was born I received a delivery of a beautiful layette set. An outfit with a blanket and hat etc. fit for a little prince. Except.... I had a princess. It was from my SIL so she knew what I had. Turns out the place she ordered it from got it wrong... it was really funny at the time.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:42 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I give $15-20 gifts with a gift receipt...

Not everyone can afford that. Why should they feel bad about the recipient's lack of appreciation?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well technically 7 blankets and 3 swaddles.

Recently had my 3rd... I really appreciate all the gifts but.. I wish I could return or exchange for something I need! (1st of this gender so I need plenty!)
Just food for thought before you send a gift without a gift receipt..

And yes, I know I can regift them!

I laughed when I got so many blankets for my first! I appreciated it but was like whoa that's a lot!

Guess what?

Me baby is 18 months old. It doesn't feel like so many blankets anymore & we are BH using them in good health! I also used plenty of swaddle sacks - that I never had enough as I my baby had reflux and I constantly had to wash them..

You never know.. it might come to good use!

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:03 pm
Lol.
How interesting.
My first 2 are girls. Then my 3rd is a boy.
It happened that with this baby I got sooo many gifts. More than both my 2 oldest together. Lots of cash gifts too.
And we got a new glider, spring bunting, baby swing.... and much more. Bh! We are so so so grateful. It was totally unplanned for and unexpected. And so appreciated. I got hats and outfits and pajamas..... but the one thing we didn't get was BLANKETS!!!!
Only one, that is very very precious. It is very precious becuase it is handmade by my elderly grandmother. She sews a cozy blanket for every one of her grandchildren. And the crazy this is ALL the kids get so attached to that blanket. (although it gets quiet ugly really to use outside the home)
At this point the family is kyh so huge, and I don't know everyone anymore. But when I see someone with a pc (it usually ends up in pcs to be kept in all places lol) of that fabric/design sticking out of a stroller I know they are my relatives. And I go over to say hi and we end up connecting over this.
Angel Hug Lady Flower Wave.
Heya Bobby Ketz! Thank you!

wow

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 11:45 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
I've found beautiful blankets at TJ Maxx that looked and felt like the ones from Whoopi. Only they were $11.99 in place of $89.99

I wouldn't give it with a gift receipt.

Would u mind sharing the company name of the blanket if u know it? I am looking for one! Thanks!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:34 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Lol.
How interesting.
My first 2 are girls. Then my 3rd is a boy.
It happened that with this baby I got sooo many gifts. More than both my 2 oldest together. Lots of cash gifts too.
And we got a new glider, spring bunting, baby swing.... and much more. Bh! We are so so so grateful. It was totally unplanned for and unexpected. And so appreciated. I got hats and outfits and pajamas..... but the one thing we didn't get was BLANKETS!!!!
Only one, that is very very precious (although quiet ugly really to use outside the home). It is very precious becuase it is handmade by my elderly grandmother. She sews a cozy blanket for every one of her grandchildren. And the crazy this is ALL the kids get so attached to that blanket.
At this point the family is kyh so huge, and I don't know everyone anymore. But when I see someone with a pc (it usually ends up in pcs to be kept in all places lol) of that fabric/design sticking out of a stroller I know they are my relatives. And I go over to say hi and we end up connecting over this.
Angel Hug Lady Flower Wave.
Heya Bobby Ketz! Thank you!

Hi Cousin! Hi

salt

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:37 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Most people would not include a gift receipt for something they got on a clearance table for $5.

Or for something they received as a gift and are re-gifting Smile

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:51 am
I also received couple of blankets now for my baby

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:28 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Hi Cousin! Hi

Hello there!!! Hi

banana123

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 4:26 am
Just a PSA, if you are gifting a blanket to someone who's Chabad please don't give one with non-kosher animals on it. There are so many beautiful blankets with solid color, or pretty patterns, or even kosher animals, and it is so uncomfortable to have to say, "thank you but" or explain why you're not using it (when they see you out with baby later on, or come to visit).

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:43 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Reminds me of what happened to me. After my DC was born I received a delivery of a beautiful layette set. An outfit with a blanket and hat etc. fit for a little prince. Except.... I had a princess. It was from my SIL so she knew what I had. Turns out the place she ordered it from got it wrong... it was really funny at the time.

I really hope the store took it back graciously.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics