Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HELP!!!! Gained 20 lbs in 2 months 😢
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:32 pm
Despite trying so hard to keep it off
I went to the dr. and had some blood tests done
Absolutely NOTHING fits 😢
Plus I don’t know where it’s all coming from
I have exactly 2 shlepy tops and a tight fitting skirt
😢😢😢
My eating and exercise habits haven’t changed

I lost 20lbs. It took about 8 months, and then I stalled for a VERY long time, 6 months, and now out of no where the weight piled on 3lbs, and then another, and then another.

I know I need to be patient until the blood test come back
But I feel so lousy
😢😢😢

I’m going to have to go shopping tomorrow because absolutely NOTHING fits.
This is not a size I want to be.
I don’t feel pretty

Don’t know what the ima’s on here can do

I’m exercising, eating right, 😢

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:39 pm
Have you gone to a nutritionist?
Are you nursing? On birth control?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:45 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Have you gone to a nutritionist?
Are you nursing? On birth control?

Menapause
My nutrition is pretty good and I’m basically eating the same as when I lost weight.
Basically I eat protein, veg, and a healthy fat 2x a day. About 80oz of water a day, plus coffee with a bit of almond milk through out the day
I feel fine other than the weight gain.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:52 pm
This is normal. Your body is FIGHTING for homeostasis. It happens in every diet unless you take an action that your body does not expect on a regular basis.

For me, I lost fifty pounds quickly and then it slowed. I plateaued, at 80 and then went up and down but stayed on course and kept trying things to see what worked. That plateau started two years ago in March 2018. Still, over the next year and a half I lost another 20 pounds overall and though I had small bounces up and down, on the whole, I lost more and maintained.

Have others lost more quickly? Yes. But am I on an overall downward trend? Yes. Does that beat the odds? Yes.

I believe you changed nothing. I do. Now you need to shake things up for your body. I do that with intermittent fasting. Others do it by changing their food plan ( although if something works, like you’re comfortable and don’t binge etc, stay stable !) If you’re eating fake food or processed food, stop. Eat real, nutrient rich food. Don’t eat sugar or sweeteners. Depending on what your actual food plan looks like, this may be enough to get you losing again.

I know this is distressing but you can fix it as long as you’re still working with it. I’ve been telling myself that for two years, and you know what? I’m still here to tell you about it. Last month I gained 12 pounds without changing anything and also lost 12 pounds without changing anything. It’s been a ride.

Read the obesity And diabetes codes by Jason Fung and there are also videos by him and others. Just google him.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:54 pm
I saw what you said about menopause- that 12 pounds was when I suddenly had a cycle after three tlyears. Big fat pms. But today weigh ten pounds less than my weight when I gained so 22 pounds less than when I gained before my last period six weeks ago. Go figure. Menopause. Ugh.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:11 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I saw what you said about menopause- that 12 pounds was when I suddenly had a cycle after three tlyears. Big fat pms. But today weigh ten pounds less than my weight when I gained so 22 pounds less than when I gained before my last period six weeks ago. Go figure. Menopause. Ugh.

Dr took a bunch of tests.

I do 16/8, sometimes more
I eat only real food
I’m careful with the type of fats I use
I don’t use any sweetners.

Today I had
Coffee with 1/3 cup almond milk unsweetened

My first meal was a big plate of chopped cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, kohl rabí, celery (Shabbat leftover veggies) with 1 tbsp oil and a bit of vinegar, salt

Second meal
2 small chicken thighs, a big plate of stringbeans

A 2nd coffee with almond milk unsweetened.

I usually eat this way
I go to an exercise class at least 3x a week
The days I don’t go I try to get some extra walking in.

I just don’t understand where the extra 20lbs are coming from

Also, how long will it take to get them off again
If it will take 8 months I need to get clothes

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:18 pm
ugh - I hear you and feel for you and am in a similar boat
good you went for bloodwork
the usual culprits: hormonal (menopause sure qualifies), increased insulin resistance, increased gluten resistance, thyroid change (hormone)
you can lose it
bloodwork should help you determine best way to address it whether tweaking, tightening up some aspect of what you are eating, or trying something new in addition or instead of like yes intermittent fasting
hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I eat only real food

Today I had

My first meal was a big plate of chopped cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, kohl rabí, celery (Shabbat leftover veggies) with 1 tbsp oil and a bit of vinegar, salt

Second meal

I usually eat this way

I know that you don't want to hear this from an amother on the internet, but It doesn't sound like you are eating enough. I work in this field and most times when ppl are struggling they need to learn to eat more of the right foods and that's when they get healthy and lose excess weight...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:34 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I know that you don't want to hear this from an amother on the internet, but It doesn't sound like you are eating enough. I work in this field and most times when ppl are struggling they need to learn to eat more of the right foods and that's when they get healthy and lose excess weight...

Won’t more food make me gain MORE weight

More veggies?
My plates of veggies are huge

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:36 pm
you may need more protein

you may need to cut out fruit and starchy vegetables if you haven't already

thats what my nutritionist would say afaik

more chicken (meat, fish, etc)

more good oils

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:51 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

I don’t disagree. It’s counter intuitive but true. Jason Fung calls it the furnace effect. If you have less coal, you burn less coal. Personally, I know I’d have trouble with all the vegetables you’re eating. I’m that insulin sensitive.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Won’t more food make me gain MORE weight

More veggies?
My plates of veggies are huge

Less veg more meat, eggs, fat fish etc.

I’d lose the almond milk personally. My husband uses it but he doesn’t do it all day. It’s about getting your insulin levels low enough to let the fat out so to speak. Please read the obesity code. Or wTch videos on you tube about the actual causes of weight gain/loss.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I eat only real food

Today I had

Second meal

I usually eat this way

Did you notice that you're eating less than 500 calories a day? I don't know anything about you or your lifestyle, but this is called an eating disorder in plain English. Your weight really doesn't matter to me, but there is no way your body is getting enough nutrition from this amount of food. You need help eating MORE and accepting your body how it will naturally be, when you are eating enough, which you are most definitely not doing now.

I wish you loads of hatzlacha and a refuah sheleimah.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 4:22 am
Your doctor probably ran thyroid tests. Can you get the results and share them? There's a chance they just ran TSH and it's off but not flagged for reasons I don't have time to explain now and you need to pursue this.
But yeah, it could be menopause...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:23 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Did you notice that you're eating less than 500 calories a day? I don't know anything about you or your lifestyle, but this is called an eating disorder in plain English. Your weight really doesn't matter to me, but there is no way your body is getting enough nutrition from this amount of food. You need help eating MORE and accepting your body how it will naturally be, when you are eating enough, which you are most definitely not doing now.

I wish you loads of hatzlacha and a refuah sheleimah.

Is this true
I eat the skin of the chicken
My veggies always have good oil on them
I eat until I’m satisfied

Its not just vanity
It hurts my back to be this heavy

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this true
I eat the skin of the chicken
My veggies always have good oil on them
I eat until I’m satisfied

I'm not a doctor or a therapist so I'm not qualified to diagnose you. I also don't know your mental state but you definitely eat little enough that I would be very concerned about the state of your health.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:28 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Your doctor probably ran thyroid tests. Can you get the results and share them? There's a chance they just ran TSH and it's off but not flagged for reasons I don't have time to explain now and you need to pursue this.
But yeah, it could be menopause...

Dr ran the entire panel - T3 T4 TSH and something else I can’t remember
He’s also checking hormones, heavy metal toxicity, inflammation, IGE,
25 tubes, I kid you not

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:17 pm
You eat the skin of the chicken? Ditch it and add some avocado and a brown rice. How can you exercise multiple times a week and not feel hunger? You're not treating your body normally and it's not responding normally.

Please go see a nutritionist is you need more help.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:23 pm
Your body is in starvation mode, saving all energy/calories in fat stores for when there is no food. Because you are feeding it the equivalent of one meal a day - and that one meal without carbs.
Go see a registered dietician. You can pull yourself out of this rut.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:41 pm
I forgot to mention that I try to eat ketogenically
So, for the most part I’m not hungry

Animal fat is best on a keto lifestyle
Brown rice is not part of my way of eating
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise