Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Wic formula Q
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:12 pm
Hi, I am having a baby soon and I would like to know what type of formula does WIC give? Which company? Hechsher? Pareve or dairy? How much a month?

Alternatively, if you are nursing, what do they give for nursing mothers?

In Monsey

Thank you

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:26 pm
They only give formula if you have a note from the doctor that you're not nursing. I got enfamil. They wouldn't give a different brand.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:51 pm
They are places that would exchange for you

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:03 pm
It must vary from office to office. By my WIC office in NY. I didn't have to prove that I was not nursing.I did need a doctor's note in order to get special formula. Standard formula they give is Enfamil. With a doctor's note and diagnosis you can get Elevate, Alimentum if you need. They also have a Cholov Yisrael option, which they call Kosher. You can say you fully formula feed or partially. If partially, the mother gets a partial food package as well.

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:05 pm
I’m not from NY, but the WIC in my area didn’t need a doctors note for formula. They gave me enfamil (OUd). They only gave me a different formula when I brought a doctors note (Similac Neosure for preemies).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:50 pm
Would they give similar cholov yisroel? Or any cholov yisroel? With a doctors note or without?
Talking about the Monsey office..

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:09 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It must vary from office to office. By my WIC office in NY. I didn't have to prove that I was not nursing.I did need a doctor's note in order to get special formula. Standard formula they give is Enfamil. With a doctor's note and diagnosis you can get Elevate, Alimentum if you need. They also have a Cholov Yisrael option, which they call Kosher. You can say you fully formula feed or partially. If partially, the mother gets a partial food package as well.

There I no CY option through WIC

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:10 pm
I live in monsey. They don't give chalov yisroel. Only enfamil.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:18 pm
They didn't give any CY but they had soy from Gerber. No doctors note needed

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 4:48 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I’m not from NY, but the WIC in my area didn’t need a doctors note for formula. They gave me enfamil (OUd). They only gave me a different formula when I brought a doctors note (Similac Neosure for preemies).

Really? I can get Neosure for my premie there? What do I need to prove that she needs it?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 4:51 pm
dankbar wrote:
Really? I can get Neosure for my premie there? What do I need to prove that she needs it?

Form
To be completed by MD can be found online. Your ped should know how to access and complete it

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:02 pm
You can get neosure and neocate in Monsey as well if you have a docors form.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:08 pm
dankbar wrote:

A rx from the Dr .

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:35 pm
dankbar wrote:

You need a prescription, plus there's more to it - I don't remember from over a decade ago, but something similar to prior authorization for extra expensive medicines where the doctor needs to prove that the child is allergic/they tried other things without success, etc and prove medical need.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, I am having a baby soon and I would like to know what type of formula does WIC give? Which company? Hechsher? Pareve or dairy? How much a month?

Alternatively, if you are nursing, what do they give for nursing mothers?

In Monsey

Thank you

If you're nursing, they give a food package for Mom. Includes milk, juice, eggs, beans, cheese, fruits and veg, whole wheat bread, beans, tuna, etc.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:03 pm
dankbar wrote:

You can but in monsey office it’s so hard to get they make you and docs office nuts I needed neocate for my babies was hard to get but got it

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You need a prescription, plus there's more to it - I don't remember from over a decade ago, but something similar to prior authorization for extra expensive medicines where the doctor needs to prove that the child is allergic/they tried other things without success, etc and prove medical need.

I don't remember having a hard time about 8 years ago. Kid was 1 and insurance rules changed- they stopped paying for formula but there was a medical need. Wic covered it till kid outgrew the need but only the infant version, not the toddler/child version. We kept trying to get insurance to cover that because the gastro preferred that one but it didn't work. Rules keep changing so I hope whoever needs Elacare and those types of formulas has an easier time getting it covered than I did.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 9:39 am
Can I get Cholov Yisroel formula from the Brooklyn (Williamsburg) WIC?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Can I get Cholov Yisroel formula from the Brooklyn (Williamsburg) WIC?

WIC does not cover CV. If you want to give parve soy they'll pay for it but I don't recommend it if your child can handle milk.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 11:52 am
Monsey WIC office sees a lot of fraud, so they might be stricter than usual about things.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries