Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Any other introverted hsp mothers??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:35 pm
With kids from teens and down, there is no quiet in the house from 3:30 until 11pm. By the time the last one is hurried off to bed (or not), I'm fantasizing about moving solo into a small cabin in the woods. The noise, fighting, playing, chaos, and being tapped, patted, have my lap jumped onto (and off of, and fought over). As an introverted hsp mom, this is a challenge! Anyone else relate?

STMommy

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:41 pm
Hi Banging head

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:01 pm
Well if it makes you feel better, I'm not introverted but I also have a hard time with nonstop stimulation all evening!!! LOL
It really is a challenge, no advice but just keep in mind that they do grow up....this too shall pass!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:03 pm
I know I’ll get tomatoes thrown at me, but once my younger one is in bed , I leave the older ones to their own devices , close my door and call it a night even at 8 PM.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:16 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I know I’ll get tomatoes thrown at me, but once my younger one is in bed , I leave the older ones to their own devices , close my door and call it a night even at 8 PM.

Me too!! I do the same! I thought I was the only nutty one...

Zehava

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:12 pm
I’m planning my dream master suite with this in mind. Complete with a minifridge and recliner so I can hole up there when needed.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:00 pm
how do you clean up the kitchen... if you go hide after 8. After the toddler finally falls asleep is when I have time. My oldest is still on the younger end but I don't know what I'll do later...

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:02 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
how do you clean up the kitchen... if you go hide after 8. After the toddler finally falls asleep is when I have time. My oldest is still on the younger end but I don't know what I'll do later...

I care more about myself than my kitchen . The kitchen waits until the next morning. Im an early riser.

Stars

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:25 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I care more about myself than my kitchen . The kitchen waits until the next morning. Im an early riser.

Same here. I love this. I thought I was the only person in the world who allows herself to go to sleep without washing floors every night.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:31 pm
What does hsp stand for?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:42 pm
highly sensitive person
trust me my kitchen floors definitely aren't washed every night! I'm just not an early riser. if you are that makes sense.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I would totally do this. The only thing is, my older boys get home around then and want to chat. If I go to my room, I won't end up seeing them the entire day.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:29 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What does hsp stand for?

Highly sensitive person.
"the highly sensitive person (HSP) has a sensitive nervous system, is aware of subtleties in his/her surroundings, and is more easily overwhelmed when in a highly stimulating environment"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children