Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Totally out of ideas
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:43 am
His pediatrician prescribed ranitidine, and it made zero difference.

Amother Brown- absolutely!! Let's set them up on a play date, and then we'll escape and go to the spa.

Amother Denim- do you mean constipated? He has a normal amount of dirty diapers a day!

Amother Cobalt- I will absolutely ask his pediatrician about that!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:44 am
jewishmom6 wrote:
Is he at a babysitter?

I would venture to say that its all coming from over tiredness unless it looks like he is in pain. I know I know how hard it is to get them to finally sleep when he is over tired.

Makes sure he takes good solid naps. Maybe try a car ride and errands to keep him asleep.

I have read tonz of books on baby sleep...someone mentioned the below which gives really good advice...
https://kinderwink.com/

**editing to add that sometimes we swaddle too loose and newborns loved to be tightly swaddled. why dont you try a swaddlemeblanket or a miracle blanket. Once he falls asleep in it he shld be able to sleep much more soundly.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he's not.
He CANT take good solid naps! That's part of the problem here.
Someone already sent me that link. It's useless for this baby!
I swaddle him nice and snug with a Swaddle Me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:47 am
Aylat wrote:
Oy OP, that is so hard!

If he sleeps on you, I second the recommendation for a baby carrier. Most of my newborns liked the wrap (rather than a carrier type thing) because it keeps them close right against my chest as if they were being held. If it works, at least you can get some things done because you have your hands free.

And then get someone to take him in the wrap for a few hours so you can get some sleep! DH in the evening - you go to bed as early as possible straight after a feed, and sleep until he needs the next feed. Maybe even pump a feed so DH can give him one, then put him back to sleep in the wrap until the next feed and you can get 4-6 hours solid sleep. Or see if you can get a babysitter to come for a few hours in the morning or afternoon and put him to sleep in the wrap while you nap.
Or I've even put my baby to sleep in the wrap and then taken a nap carefully lying on my back.

Good luck!

He refuses to take a bottle. Im going crazy.

Thanks, everyone, for the baby carrier idea! I'll try that. Idk what to do at night, though! I hope this thing gets sorted out because I'm getting sick from all this sleep deprivation

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:48 am
My baby didn’t respond to Zantac but was a different child on Prevacid! Ask your pediatrician if you can do a Prevacid trial.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:53 am
I feel you OP. That was my oldest. Everyone gave me all this advice that just didn't work for him. When he finally turned 6 months I sleep trained with modified Ferber method and it was lifesaving. But those first 6 months Can't Believe It Banging head

oneofakind

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:12 pm
Try a pediatric gastro for possible reflux.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:19 pm
I think a lot of babies are this way, I don’t know that it means something is “wrong.” He’s barely out of the newborn stage and there’s a sleep regression at four months as well. 45 minutes is the length of their sleep cycle so babies often wake up at that mark. I would sleep train him as soon as the doctor says it’s ok (might want him to be a specific weight). Move your three year old to a different room for the week when you do it.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:23 pm
OP, your baby reminds me of my oldest. He cried all day and night, and hardly slept. Nothing helped...just time. And he is still not an easy child, it's just his personality...
Take time off for yourself; leave him with a babysitter if necessary so you get a break.
Hope it ends soon for you. It's emotionally and physically draining.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:37 pm
Work on your vibes.

Come to acceptance of the situation. Let go of expectations.

Be overly compassionate to this little fella.

Send him good messages.

Be positive.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:40 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Work on your vibes.

Come to acceptance of the situation. Let go of expectations.

Be overly compassionate to this little fella.

Send him good messages.

Be positive.

very easy to talk. lol

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No he's not.
He CANT take good solid naps! That's part of the problem here.
Someone already sent me that link. It's useless for this baby!
I swaddle him nice and snug with a Swaddle Me.

You can try a swaddle up blanket, my baby really likes that one.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:50 pm
Major hugs!!!! I had this with two of my babies and I had multiple meltdowns with each it is so incredibly difficult I am actually choked up reading your posts. Are you by chance in Israel? I want to help you, take your baby for a few hours or even a night...you Must get a break! You must hire help so you get some sleep. My heart goes out to you.

sim

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:55 pm
This sounds a lot like one of my babies. You have a lot of good suggestions here, and I tried them all as well, and they didn't work.
My advice:
Get help. Shamelessly exploit as many of your family members as possible if that's an option. If it's not, try to get a girl to come in for a couple of hours to hold baby so you can rest and recharge. It was absolutely the only thing that kept me on the right side of sanity.
Make sure you get time to eat normal meals, and take care of yourself (long showers are nice.)

My baby (he's now a teen) stopped crying from one day to the other when he was 9 months old. He (bh! kh!) hasn't given me a moment of trouble since.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:01 pm
I don't know if this is something you can afford but if so, I'd recommend hiring a top sleep coach...this is something they deal with a lot. Overtired babies can be under tremendous stress and cause this extended , exhausting cycle.

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:47 pm
So hard! Sending hugs. Agree to get as much help as you can because it’s really too much for one person. Does he sleep when in a moving stroller or car?

Esheschayil18

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:59 pm
U gotta see a pediatrician. If everything is ok, try changing your diet. There may be something you eat that is not good for him. Experienced that in the past and it worked.

DVOM

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He refuses to take a bottle. Im going crazy.

Thanks, everyone, for the baby carrier idea! I'll try that. Idk what to do at night, though! I hope this thing gets sorted out because I'm getting sick from all this sleep deprivation

Oh honey, this sounds so awful!

My now 4 year old was a screamer. He did not have reflux. He wasn't constipated. He wasn't allergic to anything. He just liked to scream. I get the shivers just thinking about those months. I have such vivid memories of walking around our neighborhood in the middle of the night, hoping the fresh air would soothe him, both of us crying our eyes out.

Being in the BabyBijorn was just about the only way to keep him calm. When he got too big for it, we moved to a back carrier. We basically lugged the kid around for 18 months. At that point he started talking and became the most curious, creative, sweet tempered little dude you could ask for.

Firm massage and being in a warm bath were also a help. Sometimes these was able to calm him down.

I also would sometimes leave him safely strapped in a swing or bouncer and let him scream while I took a shower or drank a cup of tea. It is not something I've ever done with any of my other kids, and I'm sure if someone was looking in at me calmly sipping while my baby sobbed they would have screamed child abuse, but I knew my limits and knew that sometimes I needed a break or I would not be able to function. Please do take breaks when you need them OP. It will help you keep your good humor and sense of perspective. Your child will not be a baby forever. This stage will pass.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:07 pm
A few recs -

1. Try an infant probiotic with the strain b infantis in it- it helps babies digest breast milk (babies used to get this bacteria from birth but now the majority of babies don’t - and it doesn’t pass through the breast milk so needs to be supplemented).

2. Pediatric chiropractor!!

3. I know many people are saying to look into reflux, but even if reflux is the answer, the reflux “meds” prescribed don’t actually treat the reflux, just mask the symptoms. Look into what could be causing reflux or tummy issues. I’d def get checked for tongue tie by a preferred provider - this is a big cause of reflux AND sleep issues in babies!!!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:28 pm
I know someone else mentioned this, but a car ride does not help? It was the only thing that worked for me (I know 19 years ago, but in some ways still fresh). Getting him out of the carseat was not for the faint of heart but at least knowing there was one way he would go to sleep...eventually... was something that prevented me from completely losing it.

Going anon is funny even to me, as if I am the only mother who had to hold their otherwise perfectly healthy child for a ridiculoulsy large percentage of the first 2 years of his life....

Ima4therecord

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tried giving my milk in a bottle. I actually tried 3 different bottle brands. Still nothing.
I cut out dairy, gluten, nuts, soy. That actually worsened the situation. So I'm back on everything besides dairy. Still. Nothin'.

Did you try Similac comfort?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics