Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Hashem DOES help. Chizuk Story.
1  2  3  Next

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:56 am
I just wanted to share something that happened yesterday so that others that are going through financial hardship can feel chizuk and hope.
This week my husband and I had a totally of $36 in our bank accounts combined. My mortgage is due the latest by the 15th of the month (yesterday) without penalty. Yesterday morning there was still no money to pay for the mortgage. My DH was running after his clients asking to be paid (he’s owed thousands of dollars for work he’s done). Nobody was coming through. One of the clients he was relying on had twins yesterday after years of IF, so this was not the time to bug him. I’ve been living my days with the belief that Hashem is the one with the power to help me and take care of me. And Hashem will do so as he sees fit. There has been lots of hardship the last few months in many facets of my life and financially as well. But I do believe that Hashem is the one in charge and will do whatever needs to be done.
Anyway, at supper last evening , my DH received a text from a friend that my DH lent money to over a year ago, when this friend lost his job and was going through financial difficulties . My DH never asked him for the money since he didn’t know if his situation ever improved . The guy texted “I Baruch HaShem have the money to pay you back. Can I send you the money via Quickpay?”. He sent the money. The amount he owed plus the money we had in our account was the exact amount of money due for the mortgage payment. We were able to still make the payment last night.
Thank you Hashem for always being there . In good times and bad times , I know that he’s taking care of me and for that I’m forever grateful.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:03 pm
Beautiful! May you always see HaShem's hand!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:04 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Beautiful! May you always see HaShem's hand!

Amen!

chay

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:05 pm
That's beautiful, thank you for sharing!

oneofakind

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:05 pm
He should continue and you should see bracha and hatzlacha! Thank you for sharing.

awesomemother

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:06 pm
Wow, beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:07 pm
Thank you for posting.

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:18 pm
Wow wow! So beautiful! Tnx for sharing.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:24 pm
Great story! I hope your bank account fills up real fast!!

Busy@mom

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:27 pm
Thanks for the chizik. What an amazing song.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:33 pm
I don't want to be cynical , but now you paid your mortgage with the exact amount and you are back to 0

If you are in Lakewood can I bring you food for Shabbos

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:35 pm
Oh, I just looked at OP, you aren't in Lakewood, I will PM you

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:36 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I don't want to be cynical , but now you paid your mortgage with the exact amount and you are back to 0

If you are in Lakewood can I bring you food for Shabbos
No thanks. My husband got a part time job on the side and will be getting paid from that job this week. Also one of his clients said that they will be paying him today or tomorrow. Hashem has sent us so far exactly
what we need when we needed it. Baruch HaShem. But thank you anyway for your generous offer.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom of cuties

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:42 pm
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing! May you continue seeing yad Hashem in everything

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 12:49 pm
She’s not poverty stricken because her dh has jobs! They are just waiting for clients to pay... usually if people know they have money coming in they can get food on credit at the local grocery and just pay up when they have the funds. Bh for her husbands jobs!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:01 pm
I'm so glad things worked out for you.
I became so cynical. Over three years ago at the advice of daas Torah my husband left his job. It's been a roller coaster ride since then. He has two side jobs that bring in minimal money but his main income stopped a number of months ago. He has been actively loOking but hasn't been able to find anything. I don't even know what I want from this post but not everyone has these amazing stories happen

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:03 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
She’s not poverty stricken because her dh has jobs! They are just waiting for clients to pay... usually if people know they have money coming in they can get food on credit at the local grocery and just pay up when they have the funds. Bh for her husbands jobs!

Don’t be naive. Clients don’t always pay, and when they do it can be years later. True, on paper they have money because their accounts receivable are huge, but there’s no guarantee the receivables will ever be received. At some point a business has to write off the bad debts.

G-d willing the clients pay up, and soon. When you have zero in your bank account, you have zero. The grocer may let you ride for a while on “cash flow problems” but the grocer has bills to pay, too.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:11 pm
Wow thunderstorm!!! What a beautiful hashgacha pratis story!!! Thanks for sharing this!! May you always see the yad H' in every situation!! Sometimes when I'm in such a situation I say the tefillas todah and that itself somehow gives me chizuk and believe it or not, I've seen H' helping me many times after saying it
ETA I say the tefillas todah daily but many times more than once a day

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:12 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I'm so glad things worked out for you.
I became so cynical. Over three years ago at the advice of daas Torah my husband left his job. It's been a roller coaster ride since then. He has two side jobs that bring in minimal money but his main income stopped a number of months ago. He has been actively loOking but hasn't been able to find anything. I don't even know what I want from this post but not everyone has these amazing stories happen
believe me when I say amazing stories don’t always happen. But one thing we can all do is know that the source of all abundance is Hakadosh Baruch Hu. Sometimes he makes us struggle to get it. But he’s always there for us even in the really bad times. We don’t know why . But whatever challenges he sends us , is for our own benefit somehow. Maybe my story happened this way so that I could give others chizuk. But within my one story we see the Yad Hashem a few times:
1. My DHs client had twins after many years of IF
2. His friend who was jobless found a job a year later and is Baruch HaShem now doing well enough that he called to offer to pay my DH back without my DH asking.
3. We received the money for the one bill literally hours before the deadline.
There’s really more that I see every day. I seek out where to see the light of Hashem. It takes practice. I began practicing gratitude even for negative things , daily and this has awakened my awareness to the powers of our almighty Hashem. May you find inner peace and space to see the goodness Hashem really provides to us all on a daily basis. It takes conscious thought , effort and practice. May you see a yeshua soon.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 1:13 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Wow thunderstorm!!! What a beautiful hashgacha pratis story!!! Thanks for sharing this!! May you always see the yad H' in every situation!! Sometimes when I'm in such a situation I say the tefillas todah and that itself somehow gives me chizuk and believe it or not, I've seen H' helping me many times after saying it
Yes. I say it every day. Thank you .
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics