Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I'm speechless
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

srbmom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:22 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/us/acl.....quity

Quote:
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is calling for men's restrooms to include tampons in order to prevent discrimination against "every person who menstruates."

"While free menstrual products are not uniformly provided in women’s restrooms, they are almost never available in men’s restrooms, even for pay," the group said in a statement Tuesday.

"Men’s restrooms are also less likely to have a place to dispose of these products conveniently, privately, and hygienically."

The left-leaning legal group argued that it wasn't a "full or accurate portrayal" to say that women are the only ones who "menstruate, get pregnant, or breast feed [sic]."

ACLU CLAIMS 'MEN WHO GET PREGNANT AND GIVE BIRTH ARE MEN'

"Menstrual stigma and period poverty can hit trans and non-binary people particularly hard," the post read.

The group linked to a legislative toolkit in which it advocated for regulation of menstrual products in public restrooms. The group also favors menstrual products in public shelters and schools.

"Menstrual equity is a basic equity issue," the report read. "Just as we have regulated the provision of toilet paper and paper towels in public restrooms, so too should we do the same for menstrual products."

This wasn't the first time the ACLU made a head-turning comment about gender. On "International Men's Day," the group declared that men could both get their periods and give birth.

Quote:
There’s no one way to be a man.

Men who get their periods are men.

Men who get pregnant and give birth are men.

Trans and non-binary men belong.#InternationalMensDay

"Men who get pregnant and give birth are men," the group tweeted in November.

The controversial organization has also defended Medicaid funding for gender dysphoria surgeries and allowing individuals to change the gender marker on their birth certificates. The group also sued a Catholic health organization over its refusal to cover gender-related surgeries, leading to a settlement in which the organization agreed to change its medical plan.

In 2015, the group intervened in a case surrounding gender and locker rooms. A blog post from the ACLU of Illinois claimed that "a transgender girl is female. She is a girl through and through -- not something in between."

The post opposed an Illinois superintendent's claim that their client had a "male body" and suggested the school district's position ran counter to science.

“The superintendent asserts that a girl who is transgender has a ‘male body’ and that transgender students are ‘of the opposite relations’ when defending the District’s position," the post read. “Such assertions are wrong as a matter of science and offensive because they serve to challenge and undermine the very core of a person’s identity."

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:26 pm
We should change the name from menstrual to humanstrual. I feel triggered that it's only called menstrual.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:27 pm
srbmom wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/aclu-tampons-mens-room-menstrual-equity

That’s the liberal agenda for you.

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:29 pm
srbmom wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/aclu-tampons-mens-room-menstrual-equity

They are sick liberals. They are the same ones that allow men to compete in women's sports. Did you read where they pressured the tampon company to change the packaging to take the word women off of feminine hygiene products?

There are only 2 genders. Women menstruate. Men don't. If you cam use a tampon, you are a woman.

freilich

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:35 pm
Oh well......I would love if they can menstruate....a girl can always dream...right?

Jokes aside. What a crazy world this is turning into.

Rappel

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 10:48 pm
That's. Amazing.

The day we argue for tampons in men's restrooms, is the day we know that we have truly reached Nirvana. There is simply nothing else left to bicker about.

But seriously - why are there gendered restrooms anyway? They should be equally clean and well stocked, so it seems an inefficient waste to turn one into two.

srbmom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 11:04 pm
Quote:
Oh well......I would love if they can menstruate....a girl can always dream...right?

LOL
Right. And let them be pregnant for 9 months and give birth too!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 11:13 pm
Seriously why would a man *want* a period???

groisamomma

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 12:07 am
SuperWify wrote:
Seriously why would a man *want* a period???

Uh...because "he" is a woman?

People forget that fair doesn't mean equal. Fair means giving each person what *they* need. Women don't use urinals. Men don't wear tampons.

miami85

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 12:14 am
I've never even used one of those machines as they are usually empty or broken--or I have a better one in my purse than a 25cent one from the vending machine. Why can't THAT be a priority? Also what about having changing tables in mens' rooms? So many times it would've been easier for my husband to take my baby/toddler to change them but no, I have to do it b/c there's no changing table in the men's room.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 12:18 am
miami85 wrote:
I've never even used one of those machines as they are usually empty or broken--or I have a better one in my purse than a 25cent one from the vending machine. Why can't THAT be a priority? Also what about having changing tables in mens' rooms? So many times it would've been easier for my husband to take my baby/toddler to change them but no, I have to do it b/c there's no changing table in the men's room.

Yesss, I couldn't agree more!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 1:06 am
Lets milk this for what its worth ladies

I want good beer and good brunfin and good cholent at the lady's side of the kiddush

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:37 am
A more serious issue is that there are never enough women's restrooms. I have never once in my life bought a tampon from a machine. (a real woman knows you can use wadded tissues until you get home, and who has the right change anyway?) But I have waited online plenty of times while there was no line in the mens restrooms.

dankbar

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:51 am
I dont get it. Why put tampons in men's room's? it's a waste.
The places that support trans have one bathroom for both so stocking isn't an issue.
According to article, men have periods & give birth. Is that at all possible? even with surgery? Dont think so, you need a uterus for that.

blessedflower

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 6:07 am
dankbar wrote:
I dont get it. Why put tampons in men's room's? it's a waste.
The places that support trans have one bathroom for both so stocking isn't an issue.
According to article, men have periods & give birth. Is that at all possible? even with surgery? Dont think so, you need a uterus for that.
they are talking of women living like men

imasinger

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 7:06 am
The extremely liberal town in which I live already voted to install the machines in both bathrooms in public buildings, so that anyone who was transitioning to male and wanting to use the men's room, but still needing the supplies, could access them. At the moment, it's hard to imagine that's much of a crowd, but who knows? Frankly, it's not a huge cost, so if it makes a few people happy, fine with me. It's cheaper than making a separate gender neutral bathroom.

You'd assume that any municipality arranging this has already installed changing tables in the men's room, and has clean rest rooms with enough toilet paper at all times, and still has money to burn.

I can no longer say "to each his/her own," it's too "binary". To each their own?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 7:53 am
Nothing really to be shocked about when it’s coming from AOC.

sky

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 7:57 am
srbmom wrote:
Quote:

LOL
Right. And let them be pregnant for 9 months and give birth too!

The article said exactly that. Men can give birth...

srbmom

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 9:54 am
Quote:
The article said exactly that. Men can give birth...

Sure. But how many if these "men" are actually doing that. I think it should be a rule that if you want to be a woman you need to give birth

leah233

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:30 am
Crazy as these things are they actually strengthen my Emunah.

The type of people who support these type of ideas or find them to be acceptable are usually also anti religious people who take pride in how advanced and scientific everything they believe is. They look down at religion as being unenlightened ignorance.

Yet these people believe something that the history the world has no match for. Never in the history of the world was there a group who believed something that was so clearly and so in front of their own eyes as false as today's liberals who believe that men are women and women are men if they identify as such.

Yet they claim they are the enlightened ones...they are the ones who base their opinions on evidence...etc. Don't make me gag.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics