Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Zanvel Zevulun's Chanukah PTSD
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 4:11 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Just out of curiosity are you really pregnant with triplets??!?!?

Op is pregnant with sextuplets but to avoid an ayin hard she’s only posting about one gender she’s carrying

Edited an autocorrect

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 5:28 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Basic jelly donuts can come in many flavors too:
Raspberry
Strawberry
Grape
Peach
Apple
Prune
Blueberry
Mon
Gooseberry
Giggleberry
Blackberry
Petroleum
Royal
KY
Black currant
Red currant
Apricot
Ptcha

ptcha LOL LOL LOL

top mom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:00 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Just out of curiosity are you really pregnant with triplets??!?!?

No Wink 🙈
But I am pregnant bh

top mom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:04 am
Shanie5, do you think I can get a heter to buy ready jelly, considering my...um... situation, or do I have to make each one from scratch?
I mean, where would I find the ky recipe ?Scratching Head

top mom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:08 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Dearest eishis chayil/op sh’tichya,

Please excuse me if this comes across as insensitive or prying... you may have mentioned it in your op- but my fried brain can’t recall...
So in reference to your subject line- is this zzzz ptsd or yours? And have you found the right help to deal with this? I’m only asking bec I know the nature of imamother and I want to avoid you being pained by people jumping on you telling you to go on bc with all going on...
Many hugs & 🍩 donuts,
Heart your sista’Heart

Birth control??????
Why in the world would anyone suggest THAT????
I'm truly baffled What What What

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:10 am
Sorry for being an idiot or ignorant for an Imamother veteran, but what's this joke about Zanvel Zevulun? I haven't read the posts because I don't know what's going on!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:11 am
top mom wrote:
Birth control??????
Why in the world would anyone suggest THAT????
I'm truly baffled What What What

I know, right? Crazy site. But that’s why I wanted to warn you

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:21 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Sorry for being an idiot or ignorant for an Imamother veteran, but what's this joke about Zanvel Zevulun? I haven't read the posts because I don't know what's going on!

It's just that - a joke. Top mom posts hysterical threads about her imaginary husband (or her highly exaggerated husband) and his over-the-top minhagim and chumros. If you search for previous Zanvel Zevulun threads, you'll hear their children's names and learn about how holy he is.

Who knows? If your husband is even holier, you can enlighten Zanvel Zevulun yourself! What a zechus that would be.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:51 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
It's just that - a joke. Top mom posts hysterical threads about her imaginary husband (or her highly exaggerated husband) and his over-the-top minhagim and chumros. If you search for previous Zanvel Zevulun threads, you'll hear their children's names and learn about how holy he is.

Who knows? If your husband is even holier, you can enlighten Zanvel Zevulun yourself! What a zechus that would be.

Hate to derail a fun thread on chanukah but someone wrote the words "birth control". My 34 children and I are anxious to know what that is. Is it like crowd control? Or is it more like bladder control? Is it a food? A police force? How does it work? How could we use it on a person? (not zanvi) but like.. Left wing nuts and the like?
By the way.. Hope zanvi was adequately entertained tonight since learning Torah is not really permitted... And you're his wife...

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:04 am
top mom wrote:
Shanie5, do you think I can get a heter to buy ready jelly, considering my...um... situation, or do I have to make each one from scratch?
I mean, where would I find the ky recipe ?Scratching Head

I was really taken aback to hear this from you. Do you really think that a tzadik like your husband should have READY-MADE jelly?!?

Listen, jelly only takes a few hours, and most of those hours are simmering on the stove. Put up four flavors in the morning, and switch them when they're done. Esrog jelly, raspberry jelly (checked for bugs obviously), grape jelly and strawberry jelly (peel them) should be perfect for the first batch. While they are simmering, you can research how to make your own KY. Since I don't even know what that is, I can't help you very much, but it probably stands for something like "Kabbalah Yid," in which case I suggest mixing pomegranates, apples, white wine, and egg whites.

I hope that this does not become a pattern, I do expect more from someone with a husband like yours.

(My daughter Mazria loved the giggleberry donuts, btw.)

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:12 am
And here I thought KY jelly stood for a special frumsatmar kind of jelly sold only in Kiryas Yoel Scratching Head

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:16 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Hate to derail a fun thread on chanukah but someone wrote the words "birth control". My 34 children and I are anxious to know what that is. Is it like crowd control? Or is it more like bladder control? Is it a food? A police force? How does it work? How could we use it on a person? (not zanvi) but like.. Left wing nuts and the like?
By the way.. Hope zanvi was adequately entertained tonight since learning Torah is not really permitted... And you're his wife...

Oh, come on Jewishfoodie! If you have 34 kids you know what birth control is! It's when you're all ready to push and the nurse tells you, "WAIT! The doctor isn't here! He can't bill for the birth until he shows up! Breathe, pant, just don't push!" That's birth control.

I can't say I'm very good at it, but maybe by the time my next set are born I'll have figured it out.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:18 am
Topmom (side note, you should change your sn to reflect your awesome eishis chayil status too)
Anyway, would harav R’ ZZZZ be willing to give us a bit of a rundown on which flavors he already sampled this y’t and how they were?
(Of course thru you as we wouldn’t dare be him nichshol)
Alternatively, you can give us a rundown on what you’ve done so far. (Did you sample them too?)

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:19 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Oh, come on Jewishfoodie! If you have 34 kids you know what birth control is! It's when you're all ready to push and the nurse tells you, "WAIT! The doctor isn't here! He can't bill for the birth until he shows up! Breathe, pant, just don't push!" That's birth control.

I can't say I'm very good at it, but maybe by the time my next set are born I'll have figured it out.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

top mom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:20 am
Somewhere in the back of my hormonal brain I remember my Kallah teacher mentioning ky.
We obviously are noheg not to use it, l'fum tza'ara agra and so on...
And believe me, there was tzaar Can't Believe It
So I guess I'll substitute with a frummer flavor

top mom

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:15 pm
Bumping this up for some pre- Chanukah inspiration Very Happy

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 2:28 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I mean, if your goal is to get zanvi to look elsewhere for entertainment then go with the 3 inch heels. But memonefshoch, (ask your husband) you should always be in 5 to 6 inches. No matter what your "condition". And yes! I AM an unlicensed shalom bayis life coach! I'm not trying to come across as a huge baal gaivah (1-800-yourproblemismymoney) and I'm not sure why you outed me to everyone but the bigger issue here is, why are you starting NOW? I was done with chanukah by Tu B'shvat. As was every single other mother. Except you.

this had me cracking up. does anyone know the actual spelling or pronunciation of this word?
this entire thread it's purely hysterical. where was I erev chanuka 2019??

MangoSmoothie

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:26 pm
Well, first we need an update, how were your 64 flavors last Chanukah? And how are the newborn triplets doing?

tante_feige

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:29 pm
MangoSmoothie wrote:
Well, first we need an update, how were your 64 flavors last Chanukah? And how are the newborn triplets doing?

Surely, the triplets are ka'h already changing their younger siblingS diapers.

MangoSmoothie

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 3:34 pm
tante_feige wrote:
Surely, the triplets are ka'h already changing their younger siblingS diapers.

Um, not sure how that could be possible. I don't want to be yenta-ish with my math, but if she was in her first trimester last chanukah at the end of December, then that would mean the triplets should have been born in May at the very earliest if they were early, so I don't see how it's possible for them to have younger siblings yet. But maybe the triplets are changing their own diapers while Mommy is on bedrest again?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics