Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Need to get 2.5 yr old to sleep in bed before baby comes
Previous  1  2

r1

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 10:56 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Nothing at all wrong with newborn in bassinet or pack n play for the first 2-3 months.
I never heard of putting a newborn in his own room for the first few weeks... they need to be close by when they are so tiny.

She’s having a nurse.

I would try and move crib into the other room if at all possible. And get the biggest bassinet you can find for the baby.

Or- don you have a bed set up for him in the other room? Prepare special books and stuff there, prizes in the morning etc. stay with him till he’s asleep.

Don’t discuss the new baby in the context of the room (if you’re discussing it with a 2 yr old at all...)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 11:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Crib is too big to fit in brother's room.
My babies have far been born on the large side (8- almost ten pounds) and grew out of bassinet very quickly.

Too big to fit, or too big to fit and look nice? How are you fitting two beds in there if you can’t fit a bed and a crib- bunk bed?
If you can somehow manage to cram it in there, do so. Tomorrow if possible. Give him as long as possible to adjust being in the other room before the baby comes. So he doesn’t immediately associate the baby with being kicked out of his own room.
Make it a fun cool thing that the boys have their own room now.
As for the baby- buy another cheap crib. So many target and Ikea options.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics