Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 month old shreiks all day
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:55 am
My 6 month old shreiks really shrill & high pitched while she plays. How do I get her to make other noises it is really loud and gives me a headache

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:58 am
Is she crying or gurgling happily? If she's gurgling happily; what's the problem? It's soo cute! You can't "teach" babies to make sounds.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:17 am
It is not gurgling. It's an ear peircing loud shrill shrieking! When your 6 year old bothers your 3 year old and he starts shreiking- that kinda shriek!!!

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:29 am
It can be loud and annoying, but she's just experimenting with her voice and sounds. Nothing much you can do, but it will pass as she discovers other sounds she can make.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:44 am
OP, I meant to ask if it's happy playful shrieking or sad and painful shrieking? Some babies shriek instead of talk.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 11:59 am
Is this new? Some kids get that after shots. I'd so, need to get it checked out.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:10 pm
Happens to be my baby just got the 1st round of shots and is screaming all day. What can it be?

amother
Green

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:34 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Happens to be my baby just got the 1st round of shots and is screaming all day. What can it be?

If it's a high-pitched scream that lasts for hours, that can be vaccine-induced encephalopathy / encephalitis (brain inflammation). Contact your Dr immediately to find out if you should go to the ER and make sure it is reported so they can make sure there was nothing wrong with that batch of vaccines.

ETA: Good reference for vaccine reactions (from Seattle Childrens): https://www.seattlechildrens.o.....ions/

When to Call for Immunization Reactions

Call 911 Now
Trouble breathing or swallowing
Not moving or very weak
Can't wake up
You think your child has a life-threatening emergency

Call Doctor or Seek Care Now
Age less than 12 weeks old with fever. Caution: do NOT give your baby any fever medicine before being seen.
Fever over 104° F (40° C)
High-pitched crying lasts more than 1 hour
Crying nonstop lasts more than 3 hours
Your child looks or acts very sick
You think your child needs to be seen, and the problem is urgent

Call Doctor Within 24 Hours
Redness or red streak starts more than 48 hours (2 days) after the shot
Redness around the shot becomes larger than 3 inches (7.5 cm)
Fever lasts more than 3 days
Fever returns after being gone more than 24 hours
Measles vaccine rash (starts day 6 to 12 after shot) lasts more than 4 days
You think your child needs to be seen, but the problem is not urgent

Call Doctor During Office Hours
Redness or red streak around shot is larger than 1 inch (2.5 cm)
Redness, swelling or pain is getting worse after 3 days
Fussiness from vaccine lasts more than 3 days
You have other questions or concerns

Self Care at Home
Normal immunization reaction

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:40 pm
Oy amother green, you're scaring me!
Bh he doesn't scream through the night and he takes short naps. But he's not sleeping calm.
He's also vomiting alot and he never vomited before.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:46 pm
Bh he doesn't scream through the night and he takes short naps. But he's not sleeping calm.

Go see a doctor.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:47 pm

Did he get the rotarix (the one he drinks)? Sometimes that causes vomiting, but it's not a dangerous side effect unless he really can't keep anything down and is at risk of dehydration.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:02 pm
He didn't get anything to drink.
I called my pediatrician and she said that these behaviors are not vaccine related. She claims he probably has a virus.

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:07 pm
Both my kids did that.
I'm sorry to inform you it can last for a while. My kids still talk really loudly. (Their ears are fine) and it is HARD.
I remember when one was a bay the other a toddler, theyd go on this shreikfest competition and I thought I'm losing my mind. I still shudder when I think about it.
It was THAT bad. If we had someone over they'd marvel how I'm coping. I wasn't!!!
It was insanity.
It didn't help that I'm sensitive to loud noise Sad

But it did pass. Eventually. I honestly think this was harder than their colic (well not worse that my second baby colic. There isn't anything worse that that. Omg!) It was THAT bad. They loved doing it at meal times. They'd shreik with thier ears covered and giggle afterwards.

At some point they stopped doing it. I can't really pinpoint when. My baby now started doing it too. I told hashem I CANNOT handle that and he CANNOT make this child do that to. So far it has worked. Lol.
Kidding aside I don't think I can go thru that again.

Funny thing (not so funny at the time) I have a video of my second kid as a baby in a infant seat playing with toys and giving a shreik and scaring herself soooo bad she was inconsolable. LOL

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 3:12 pm

Go the doctor. Not the one who gave the shots. ASAP.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 3:12 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Both my kids did that.
I'm sorry to inform you it can last for a while. My kids still talk really loudly. (Their ears are fine) and it is HARD.
I remember when one was a bay the other a toddler, theyd go on this shreikfest competition and I thought I'm losing my mind. I still shudder when I think about it.
It was THAT bad. If we had someone over they'd marvel how I'm coping. I wasn't!!!
It was insanity.
It didn't help that I'm sensitive to loud noise Sad

But it did pass. Eventually. I honestly think this was harder than their colic (well not worse that my second baby colic. There isn't anything worse that that. Omg!) It was THAT bad. They loved doing it at meal times. They'd shreik with thier ears covered and giggle afterwards.

At some point they stopped doing it. I can't really pinpoint when. My baby now started doing it too. I told hashem I CANNOT handle that and he CANNOT make this child do that to. So far it has worked. Lol.
Kidding aside I don't think I can go thru that again.

Funny thing (not so funny at the time) I have a video of my second kid as a baby in a infant seat playing with toys and giving a shreik and scaring herself soooo bad she was inconsolable. LOL

That is too funny! Laugh Though not for you at the time I'm sure!

amother
Green

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 10:15 pm
I called my pediatrician and she said that these behaviors are not vaccine related. She claims he probably has a virus.

Did she SEE the child? This is why most vaccine reactions don't get reported...

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 10:27 pm
My baby did the same thing. It didnt last forever. It was just constant very high pitched squeals. It wont last forever. It's just a phase. Dont worry

missmuffetsmum

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:52 am
And my 8 month old shouts. Not crying, just loud shouts. Drives me NUTS!!! But BH she's just experimenting with her voice and it will hopefully resolve sooner rather than later...

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:36 am

I suggest going to see a neurologist if it's been a few days like that. I don't want to scare you but I don't want to beat around the bush either. It can chvsh be a sign of encephalitis. I hope not.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:40 am

They will never claim anything is vaccine related .. And if they do, they won't chart it .

A vaccine can alter gut balance which can cause vomiting. I say try some good klaire labs probiotics.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics