Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Touro/ sem- how to handle getting credit

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 11:44 pm
Hi all- what are the pros and cons of applying to Touro during seminary to start afterwards? Be applying before seminary through their israel program? My diaghter was told to apply from seminary so her exact sem grades don't count and are just pass/ fail for her college gpa but then when woudl she apply to college? And woudl she be at risk of not getting in if her sem grades are low?

paperflowers

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:19 am
It’s much easier to apply for college in twelfth grade than in seminary. You should be able to defer for a year without being on their Israel program and get the same amount of credits as transfer instead of institution. It’s unlikely that seminary grades would prevent her from being accepted, but if she’s on the Israel program bad grades could effect her GPA, and who needs that kind of pressure in seminary?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:25 am
Thank u- so is that what people do? They apply in twelfth grade even if they don't want to go to sem through the israel program? And then when accepted, and the defer and give in israel credits after the year is over? People don't apply from israel?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 6:14 pm
I applied for 12th grade and took Freshman Center credits. Then I did not do Israel option but transferred 30 seminary credits afterward. The seminary credits are pass/fail on my transcript.

Be aware though, that when you do this, graduate schools usually ask for the transcript of those credits from the seminary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics